Dark Star Orchestra SF 10 Sperry Hunter

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
gammalyte
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:21 pm

My Body is subject to gravitation. My mind is not.

_.gammalyte
www.gammalyte.com
gammalyte[a]gmail.com
Mapman
Art Expert

Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:31 pm

Ohhhhh this is pretty awesome, just wish it wasn't so big. Gonna have to pass since it will have no chance to ever make it on the wall. :(
ceevee
Art Expert

Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:34 pm

When we arrived at the show with posters in hand, it was little surprise to see Stanley painting a skeleton with roses in the lobby of the ballroom. He just grinned and complimented us on our work, which was more than a mutual feeling.
Very cool!
But-we-unleashed-a-lion
Art Expert

Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:40 pm

I see a lot of folks saying they will pass.. Are you crazy????
This image is one of the best this year! And the lettering is outstanding!!!
Look at those eyes!
I don't even know what band it is ut this is definitely a keeper

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:21 pm

Another super "Chuck chick", with shimmering rays/effects by Dave? I can dig it.
Thanks for the fish-eye pics Dave! The rays in the chick's face along with her multi-colored eyes kick the entire image up a huge notch IMHO.
... and the Griffin-esque lettering NEVER gets old.
Finally, a diptych approach in a single image (reminiscent of the old double-sized late BG posters) takes this one over the top...
:notworthy: :clap: :drool:
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
upseeker
Art Expert

Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:30 pm

WOW. Even though DSO will never measure up to the original, this poster attempts to rectify this issue artistically. The first time I heard the GD it was the song Sugar Mag., and made me a DH for life. Also, this poster looks incredible. Especially, the blue wave! Would look nice next to Hunter's Gov't Mule poster from last year. Great work Chuck and Dave! :clap:
southerngarden
Art Expert

Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:42 pm

this is a must have! im loving sperry's chicks! this will look great next to his MOGWAI chick! and cloes by the PANIC chicks! also love that these prints are HUGE!

love this but can only afford the reg ed...
justbehmh
Art Expert

Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:53 pm

holly nuts
GerryJarcia wrote:oh and coke is only done properly when sniffed of the hardened penis of a homeless man.
igotid
Art Expert

Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:56 pm

So sweet, I've only recently started getting into Chuck's work, but this is a must have for me...Also need to free up some money to get some of his other prints. This would look great with Mogwai
Mapman
Art Expert

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:15 pm

But-we-unleashed-a-lion wrote:I see a lot of folks saying they will pass.. Are you crazy????
This image is one of the best this year! And the lettering is outstanding!!!
Look at those eyes!
I don't even know what band it is ut this is definitely a keeper

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!
I love it too, only problem, until money starts falling out of the sky, just because it's awesome isn't enough to justify a purchase.
southerngarden
Art Expert

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:19 pm

Mapman wrote:I love it too, only problem, until money starts falling out of the sky, just because it's awesome isn't enough to justify a purchase.

im having the same issue...but damn, two of the best artists around really make me want this one!
ricv64
Art Expert

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:23 pm

saw one the other day , beautiful , ass busting job by dave & chuck
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
kushmeja
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:36 pm

Chuck and Dave are the best around imo. They are on the cutting edge of screenprinting with the impressive ink and paper combinations and the details in their posters are absolutely amazing. Top notch technicians for sure.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:40 pm

this is gorgeous, but the band and more importantly the fact that it's dropping the same day as horkey/ryan is probably going to make me have to pass.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:43 pm

greenhorn1 wrote:this is gorgeous, but the band and more importantly the fact that it's dropping the same day as horkey/ryan is probably going to make me have to pass.
True, but this one is way more affordable ;)