There's really nothing I can do here is there?

General art-related discussion.
ThePrestige
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:46 pm

I loved dan's response on GP.

This is just ridiculous. I have like some of his prints but never purchased anything.. After knowing all this I for sure never will.
bathroommonkey
Tantric Poster Collector

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:22 pm

well i guess i finally got to make an ass out of myself over on gp concerning this dude. i hope this makes me less angry in the future.
lukin321
Art Expert

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:31 pm

bathroommonkey wrote:well i guess i finally got to make an ass out of myself over on gp concerning this dude. i hope this makes me less angry in the future.
I was surprised to see as many people as I did make it into a joke or immediately rush to Dan's side on it.
iratasan
Flipper

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:34 pm

lukin321 wrote:
bathroommonkey wrote:well i guess i finally got to make an ass out of myself over on gp concerning this dude. i hope this makes me less angry in the future.
I was surprised to see as many people as I did make it into a joke or immediately rush to Dan's side on it.
that was shocking beyond belief. how dare you to state facts to them? :shock:
AceO
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:53 pm

noeldaddy wrote:Well I certainly won't be doing any business with him, ever.
again....

I bought a mystery tube that implied would be well worth it. It sucked and one of the prints was a scratch and dent!

NEVER AGAIN!
AceO
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:59 pm

Perkins wrote:This thread is a huge bummer. fudge happens. People get behind schedule. Sometimes WAY behind. I do. Life can be stressful and more than what you bargained for, and before you know it, deadlines pass. I have more than a handful of folks waiting on me right now, and I'm moving as fast as I can.

I really hate reading that somebody wants to punch an artist if they ever saw them at Flatstock. That's pretty immature to say the least. Dan's a good guy, regardless of how some of you feel he has handled his business. If there's a problem, I'd say it's a fixable one. I'm not sure he deserves all this public BS, and I really don't care to get in his business & debate it with any of you. I'd simply advise you to make sure you know where I am in the room before you decide to throw that punch.

Come on, y'all chill. This is ugly. I'm out.

SERIOUSLY?????

That is Bull$h!t! Refund or ship. Two months, maybe three, as long as there is communication. But two years? Find a new career or get your $h!t together!!!!!
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:34 pm

what is this blazedoutbee randomness posted on GP? weird.
not dead
dangerboy
Flipper

Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:30 am

wow the threadbombing and "get over it fudge happens" that's coming from artists over there is really disturbing. public display of distaste for one's customer base is shitty enough, but to not care if they know how you feel is really elitist and self-righteous. dude didn't start a bitch thread after 2 weeks without emailing first. he's paid and waited a year and a half to two years, and there are MULTIPLE people in that same boat. sad.
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
downtown
Art Expert

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:19 am

The sarcasm over at GP is hilarious.

I can attest to the fact that most artists have trouble with shipping.
And the reason is this... It requires the use of a different part of the brain than the creation of new work and that switchover is painful and filled with anxiety.
And most artists cant or wont hire someone to run their business for them.
We are slow at our studio and I'll take the blame because I fired our last helper and refuse to hire a new one until we get an intern from a college program in the Fall.

However, in the case related to this thread there is no excuse. And the sarcastic brush off by DG on the GP thread was chilling.

ps- I love Billy Perkins.
pvecchi
Art Expert

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:52 am

Without even seeing a name I know this is Dan Grzeca...has to be, because it was the exact same service I received

NEVER again will I support him in ANY way. The blatant lie after lie after lie, false tracking numbers, etc over a period of YEARS are what really pissed me off the most.

Being tardy is one thing, the other things are completely inexcusable
he has no artistic integrity anyway (imho)
unclecharlie
Art Enthusiast

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:43 am

buy CHAZBRO.. we ship in a timely manner.... www.chazbro.com
pj101ca
Art Expert

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:05 am

GP is funny the first time you go there. But then when you realize it's the same tired jokes over and over in every thread, it just becomes sad.
mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
mcnail
Art Expert

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:07 am

I love Dan to death, but if it's really been since 2008, then yes, that's too long.

Shipping subs does suck though, I can tell you that.

Also, I don't know who's gonna be punching Dan at Flatstock, he's kind of a big dude.
jakebrick
Art Enthusiast

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:09 am

I love how some of the artists pretty much say "I'm bad at shipping... so it's okay that I'm bad at shipping"

1. It's not okay that you're bad with "shipping". Shipping is the easiest goddamn thing in the world. Grab a tube, grab the print, put it in the tube, print off a label, drop it off at the post office" (not to say that I don't appreciate artists who take great care when shipping stuff, the extra care goes a long way, but still, you do a couple, and you're good at it, not like you need to take a course every time you ship a poster).

2. Saying you're bad at something as an excuse to be bad at something just doesn't make sense.

3. Because you're an artist, does not mean you can be bad at customer service and finance. IT MEANS THE OPPOSITE. When will (some) artists learn that they are, in fact, business people. You make something, you market it, you sell it. THAT'S A BUSINESS.

4. Sticking up for this guy because you are also "bad at shipping" (talking about people on GP now) is like me sticking up for for my plumber not fixing a leaky pipe because I'm no good at fixing pipes. IT'S NOT MY JOB TO FIX PIPES, IT'S HIS (that's why I hired him...)

5. If I was an artist (I'm not), I would never ever stick up for this sort of behavior. In my line of work, professional accounting, if someone made a obvious blunder of this magnitude, they would have their certification revoked, not a pat on the back followed by the rest of us accountants saying "yeah, I suck at bank reconciliations too, so it's okay".

Edit: Also, my brother just had a kid, and for the record, he works harder now than ever before because he wants to support his new family, not the other way around.
Jetsah
Art Enthusiast

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:27 am

Yep, I've sucked at getting out the last half of the 2008/2009 sub. For a number of reasons, none of which give me an excuse. When I'm shipping out 2009/2010 subs at the same time as the remainder of 2008/2009's , well, thats pretty pathetic. For that reason I'm not doing anymore all-encompassing poster and art print subs except for a private few who have re-signed on for 2010/2011. The amount of work in the subs is a lot in terms of quantity of prints and posters. I think it comes down to like $5 ea when its all said and done. I threw a lot of bonuses in there. Part of the problem for me was a few sub holders who took a year to pay, and I dragged my feet on collating all the sets together to ship out. A bad excuse, but there it is. I'm man enough to take the criticism. It's ironic because I'm paranoid now about getting orders turned around in 2 days on single print orders. But since now I pay someone to help me with that so I can draw and print, it makes sense.

As far as the painting issue- I sucked at communicating. The only upside is all the paintings people have received are worth far more than I sold them for. That being said, I took a good thing and fracked it up good.

I dont mind any of the venting anyone has. Even Bathroom Monkey, who gets a pretty good one going when He's ripping me. (Btw I have a Methane Pavement Poster that you probably would like. I found it in my flat files when we were moving everything as the shop walls were being rebuilt WHILE we were printing. PM me your address and I'll send it to you.)

And if someone doesnt like something I sent them, or it is damaged- EMAIL ME- I had to replace 3 Phish posters that arrived drymounted and I did it in a day. I like all you people. Really.