Pearl Jam Charlotte 96 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
palehighway

Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:37 am

edit
Last edited by palehighway on Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:37 am

yeah, none of mine look like that. it's just so bad it has to be legit. his sig doesnt look to be too difficult to forge. i honestly think a forger could do alot better than that...if that makes sense.
boatingbenny
Art Expert

Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:42 am

Yeah but there are some pretty dumb people out there...maybe PJ taper had something to do with it? :lol:

I really don't think that PJ Taper...don't get your panties in a knot!
pioneer
Flipper

Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:43 am

palehighway wrote:but imagine the potential in dealing variant signatures :roll:

I can see it happening---

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Sale Emek Pearl Jam Charlotte RARE Connected M Signature Variant---Buy it Now $2,500
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree, ask Emek, that one looks fishy. But on the other hand, it can't be that hard to dupe. Tough call.
"Just tell him you're already on God's team and are very familiar with the playbook. Then tell him to STFU."
evillittlegoat wrote:All it takes is one dead hooker and all these Obama prints will be worthless.
boatingbenny
Art Expert

Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:44 am

Maybe Emek was drunk?
pioneer
Flipper

Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:45 am

boatingbenny wrote:Maybe Emek was drunk?
It looks like he was signing on the run.....or in a huge hurry.
"Just tell him you're already on God's team and are very familiar with the playbook. Then tell him to STFU."
evillittlegoat wrote:All it takes is one dead hooker and all these Obama prints will be worthless.
boatingbenny
Art Expert

Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:52 am

Come on guys are we forgetting who we are dealing with here. This is EMEK the neverending perfectionist. I don't think he would botch the signature that bad. There is a pretty big price difference between signed and unsigned work..a bit of motivation for someone to scribble an attempt at EMEKS signature. Hard to prove but I personally would stay away from this one.
pioneer
Flipper

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:02 am

boatingbenny wrote:Come on guys are we forgetting who we are dealing with here. This is EMEK the neverending perfectionist. I don't think he would botch the signature that bad. There is a pretty big price difference between signed and unsigned work..a bit of motivation for someone to scribble an attempt at EMEKS signature. Hard to prove but I personally would stay away from this one.
lightyears is right...it looks way TOO fake. My 6 year old can copy better than that. If that's the best you can do faking that sig, give up!! I think only Emek has the answer for this one. Although I certainly wouldn't bid without asking.
boatingbenny
Art Expert

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:12 am

From EMEK himself..
"looks bad to me"

All that needs to be said.
pioneer
Flipper

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:22 am

boatingbenny wrote:From EMEK himself..
"looks bad to me"

Why waste the time to do it if you're not going to do it right. :roll: Drymounting lazy cheaters!
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:54 am

Forged.... latenight.

Pretty obvious to me this is not a legit poster.... it will still fetch a bundle.
jojobadass
Art God

Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:31 am

"looks bad to me"

yeah, that's not even close.
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:06 am

"looks bad to me"

i stand corrected. cant believe someone would forge a thousand dollar poster and not do a better job than that. idiots.

in all fairness to the seller, that sig may have been on there when he/she obtained the print and they dont know any better.
jojobadass
Art God

Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:37 am

funny thing is.........it looks like it's doodled. Somebody ask them for a pic of the doodle.
110thStreet
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:42 am

Instinct. says no to this. not worth the doubt. you'll never know the truth. whatever anyone says. wait for the next listing. accept you won't get this cheap. end of advise from someone who already picked this up for cheap from emek years ago :wink: