OMG & G1988

General art-related discussion.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:25 pm

machination wrote:
Codeblue wrote:We do have 3 NHL teams.
Because you're rich.
California is hurting more than most states right now.
Same fudge, different drop.
pewter14
EB Team

Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:38 pm

Catarax wrote:
pewter14 wrote: Assuming from your Orr post, and this ... perhaps like me, you are a Bruins fan.

I'll say this ... the celebration by Boston fans when Ray Bourque won a stanley cup was beyond pathetic.

Was I happy for him? Sure. But a huge celebration in Gov't Center with tens of thousands of people to see him, the cup, et al ... when it was the Avalanche that won the Stanley cup?

:vomit:
But the point was to honor him, not the Bruins, Bruins fans were pissed enough being one of the worst teams in the NHL.. And we were happy to have one of our all time favorite Bruins fulfill a lifelong dream.. don't rain on his parade, that's just selfish.. do you boo at every event where people are happy for someone? that act just goes to show how Boston fans aren't always resentful to ex-players if they are on another team, unless they are Yankee traitors (2004 WS players are an exception)..Boston always shows respect towards our heroes..
Celebrating Ray Bourque ... as stated, I'm totally fine with it. Have a night for him at the garden, I'd be there and cheer with the rest of them, I love the guy.

Seeing him with Colorado's Stanley Cup in a packed downtown Boston, after a parade? Awkward.

Give me the celebration for Ray, post retirement, without their stanley cup. Again, this was just awkward.

As for a great Ray moment, give me the night he gave up his #7 to Phil Esposito ... that's a kick ass Ray Bourque moment ...

mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
mistersmith
Art Freak

Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:46 pm

Codeblue wrote:We do have 3 NHL teams.
Seriously? Sharks, Ducks, and who else? I don't follow hockey (how can you tell) but there's not a San Diego team or something now is there? I'm gonna google this fudge here.

Edit: oh duh the Kings. Oldest team on the list, right? But they've sucked since Gretzky quit, and like I said, I'm no hockey fan. Good lord, three hockey teams in CA. Who knew.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
pewter14
EB Team

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:43 pm

Pretty stunning to think the L.A. area can support not one, but two professional hockey teams yet, doesn't have a professsional football team .... well, except for USC.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.

Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:46 pm

And even more stunning, used to have 2 NFL teams.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jojobadass
Art God

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:47 pm

see how important hockey is
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
pewter14
EB Team

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:49 pm

Codeblue wrote:And even more stunning, used to have 2 NFL teams.
... and ...

maden
Art Expert

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:53 pm

Soon it was commonplace for entire teams to change cities in search of greater profits. The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles where there are no lakes. The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil. The Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music. The Raiders moved from Oakland to LA back to Oakland. No-one in LA seemed to notice.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

pewter14
EB Team

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:57 pm

maden wrote:The Raiders moved from Oakland to LA back to Oakland. No-one in LA seemed to notice.
Ice Cube noticed ... ESPN 30 for 30 - Straight Out of L.A.

(and yes, I know your quote is from Baseketball)

thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:48 pm

rmoore wrote:
s_k_y wrote:
To me none of those above are related to "The Greatest Moments in Sports History" but rather just 'cool art prints'
I think that's kind of the point. I think the show was meant to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

I'm going to generalize and say that a good percentage of art print collectors are not rabid sports fans (minus those who've been posting in this thread). Therefore, why print up super specific sporting events that very few in the art community want to put on their walls? The Dude Invitational is going to sell a hell of a lot better than "Kobe's 81 point game" or whatever.
I agree about the tongue-in-cheek, but Mitch could tell us more about that sort of behind-the-scenes stuff.

Regarding specific sporting events - the most popular print and fastest sell-out was for a very specific athlete and event - Olly Moss' The Master Race. And it was even for an event that happened before many of us were born. Danger's has also sold out and is also specific to a team.

These have done so well because of their concepts, execution, and artisit popularity. I think other specific sports moments/teams in another print series could also sell well, if it has those ingredients.
Olto
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:54 pm

I was really looking forward to a Stout-like array of important athletes (hopefully from Stout himself). Similar to how he arranges his movie posters. Have someone like Ali or Michael Jordan in the center, as with Brad Pitt in Basterds, etc.
Catarax
Art Expert

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:57 pm

pewter14 wrote:
Catarax wrote:
pewter14 wrote: Assuming from your Orr post, and this ... perhaps like me, you are a Bruins fan.

I'll say this ... the celebration by Boston fans when Ray Bourque won a stanley cup was beyond pathetic.

Was I happy for him? Sure. But a huge celebration in Gov't Center with tens of thousands of people to see him, the cup, et al ... when it was the Avalanche that won the Stanley cup?

:vomit:
But the point was to honor him, not the Bruins, Bruins fans were pissed enough being one of the worst teams in the NHL.. And we were happy to have one of our all time favorite Bruins fulfill a lifelong dream.. don't rain on his parade, that's just selfish.. do you boo at every event where people are happy for someone? that act just goes to show how Boston fans aren't always resentful to ex-players if they are on another team, unless they are Yankee traitors (2004 WS players are an exception)..Boston always shows respect towards our heroes..
Celebrating Ray Bourque ... as stated, I'm totally fine with it. Have a night for him at the garden, I'd be there and cheer with the rest of them, I love the guy.

Seeing him with Colorado's Stanley Cup in a packed downtown Boston, after a parade? Awkward.

Give me the celebration for Ray, post retirement, without their stanley cup. Again, this was just awkward.

As for a great Ray moment, give me the night he gave up his #7 to Phil Esposito ... that's a kick ass Ray Bourque moment ...

you forget, there are 2 large campuses right next to government center.. Suffolk and Emerson.. and those are the close ones..
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
But-we-unleashed-a-lion
Art Expert

Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:27 am

I don't know if anyone is interested but they can now be purchased on their store no email needed
http://74.119.232.154/index.php/prints. ... 14b98944ef
entropy
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:38 am

wizdom wrote:There are no confirmations of payment received from the gallery, right?
Has anyone received their invoices yet? Usually they'll email them in the form of a .pdf.

Looks like the Nolan Ryan print is now sold out.
recycler
Art Expert

Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:44 am

jojobadass wrote:see how important hockey is
You are right, basketball and baseball are much more important. If we didn't have the former we'd have many more hand gun toting, drug dealing punks. Without the later, hgh inovations would still be in the developmental stage.