OMG & G1988

General art-related discussion.
pewter14
EB Team

Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:54 pm

usamamasan1 wrote:perfect
Won in spite of one of the greatest goof plays in football history, Garo Yepremian ...

mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
mistersmith
Art Freak

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:12 pm

I keep thinking I've seen a Nate Duval wrigley print...am I making that up? I did find these though:

ImageImage

Also, how about a tribute to Wild Bill?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Bill_Hagy
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
nopey23
Art Enthusiast

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:14 pm

tj wrote:
nopey23 wrote:
mcnail wrote:If we ever do this again, do you guys have suggestions for sports moments you'd like to see? Besides the ones already mentioned.
wrestlemania 3 - hulk vs andrew the giant (this was mentioned a while back)
I LOVE "Andrew" the Giant.
Haha... I'm not sure how I did that... Andrew the Giant was the alter-ego of Andre, I guess.
pewter14
EB Team

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:26 pm

mistersmith wrote:I keep thinking I've seen a Nate Duval wrigley print...am I making that up? I did find these though:

Chris Speakman's on this site every now and again, he's got a lot of prints at his Sports Propaganda site and he's now got the backing of MLB ... I still want this, but it's been long sold out ...

mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.

maden
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:36 pm

pewter14 wrote:
mistersmith wrote:I keep thinking I've seen a Nate Duval wrigley print...am I making that up? I did find these though:

I have the Speakman Wrigley Filed print framed up above my TV. The blues on it are fantastic.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

iratasan
Flipper

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:47 pm

i want a print of that amazing goal michael rummenigge kicked against kaiserlslautern, back in 87. last minute of overtime. 5:5 then the deciding goal by rummenigge. drymount yeah.
jojobadass
Art God

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:50 pm

is that foosball you're talking about?
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
mistersmith
Art Freak

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:55 pm

Any of you "people that collect sports stuff" know a good place for personalized jerseys? There are two specific custom jerseys I want, one football, one baseball, but I don't need to spend $200+ on each, probably because I'd never wear them. But if there's some jersey dealer I don't know about, send me a link!
pewter14
EB Team

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:00 pm

mistersmith wrote:Any of you "people that collect sports stuff" know a good place for personalized jerseys? There are two specific custom jerseys I want, one football, one baseball, but I don't need to spend $200+ on each, probably because I'd never wear them. But if there's some jersey dealer I don't know about, send me a link!
There are a bunch on the 'net that are dirt cheap ... but, only use them if they come recommended. They are knock offs and often times they come slightly off color to the actual team color, or letters get all messed up, etc.

I know some people use them and swear by them, I just don't know specifically which ones.

jojobadass
Art God

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:02 pm

I would love to get a Ron Mexico jersey
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
pewter14
EB Team

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:05 pm

jojobadass wrote:I would love to get a Ron Mexico jersey
I have a friend in Atlanta that claimed some of his friends got theirs before the NFL put the kibosh on selling Falcon jerseys with that name on it ... :lol:

mistersmith
Art Freak

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

pewter14 wrote:
mistersmith wrote:Any of you "people that collect sports stuff" know a good place for personalized jerseys? There are two specific custom jerseys I want, one football, one baseball, but I don't need to spend $200+ on each, probably because I'd never wear them. But if there's some jersey dealer I don't know about, send me a link!
There are a bunch on the 'net that are dirt cheap ... but, only use them if they come recommended. They are knock offs and often times they come slightly off color to the actual team color, or letters get all messed up, etc.

I know some people use them and swear by them, I just don't know specifically which ones.
Well, I have no problem buying knockoffs. But they have to be good knockoffs, espcially because both of the teams I'm after have some pretty great-looking, ornate stuff on the jerseys. If you find out, hit me up my man.
iratasan
Flipper

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:18 pm

jojobadass wrote:is that foosball you're talking about?
yup. completely made up fudge though. there was a player called rummenigge, karlsruhe has a soccer club, but the rest is utter nonsense. i don't watch much sports. haven't been watching soccer since y2k i guess.

i only occasionally watch NBA basketball, golf, snooker or curling.
iratasan
Flipper

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:21 pm

mistersmith wrote:Any of you "people that collect sports stuff" know a good place for personalized jerseys?
if by "personalized" you mean that they put a name number and name of your choice on it then please let me know when you found one.

i always wanted a jersey that says "fickmeister 69" on the back.
whyhoo
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:43 pm

mcnail wrote:If we ever do this again, do you guys have suggestions for sports moments you'd like to see? Besides the ones already mentioned.
anytime morganna the kissing bandit has made an appearance.