OMG & G1988

General art-related discussion.
ReverendToneZone
Art Expert

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:06 pm

pewter14 wrote:ok .. back to the sports.

Seeing as the artists are taking such liberty with the phrase "Greatest moments in sports history", I'm shocked there are no Bonds/Sosa/McGwire prints ...
Nobody wants to hang a bunch of cheaters on their wall, they probably wouldn't sell too well . . .
rmoore
Art Expert

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:09 pm

I thought Slater would have done a needle collage portrait of Bonds (a la paperclip Office Space print).
rowbeau
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:11 pm

Seeing as the artists are taking such liberty with the phrase "Greatest moments in sports history", I'm shocked there are no Bonds/Sosa/McGwire prints ...

One print could sum up all 3 of those - a screenprint of a syringe and a bottle of growth hormone
rssesq
Art Expert

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:28 pm

rowbeau wrote:

One print could sum up all 3 of those - a screenprint of a syringe and a bottle of growth hormone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0t0EW6z8a0
nimsu8
Art Expert

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:43 pm

Anyone call the gallery yet to see if they will be doing a preview link or selling stuff over the phone?
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"
igotid
Art Expert

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:45 pm

nimsu8 wrote:Anyone call the gallery yet to see if they will be doing a preview link or selling stuff over the phone?
I emailed yesterday, but they hadn't decided as of then
iratasan
Flipper

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:19 pm

ReverendToneZone wrote:

Nobody wants to hang a bunch of cheaters on their wall, they probably wouldn't sell too well . . .
i bet nobody will do a piece about my favorite athlete. i bet you 30 bucks that he won't be represented there in any way.
entropy
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:20 pm

nimsu8 wrote:Anyone call the gallery yet to see if they will be doing a preview link or selling stuff over the phone?

They sent out the email this morning (6 hours ago) but no preview link. I vaguely recall that they had a poster show last year. And what they did was send out a preview a day or more afterwards... allowing for those that attend in person first dibs. I could be mistaken...

it would seem unfair that a poster could potentially sell out before the first person in line gets in through the door. So maybe it's best they handle it this way - but of course I'm local, so you know I'm going to say that : )
rmoore
Art Expert

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:25 pm

I got an email from them last night at about 10:00 saying:

We will be sending out an online preview tomorrow afternoon before the show opens, so please keep an eye out for an email with the preview link.
iratasan
Flipper

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:35 pm

entropy wrote:

They sent out the email this morning (6 hours ago) but no preview link. I vaguely recall that they had a poster show last year. And what they did was send out a preview a day or more afterwards... allowing for those that attend in person first dibs. I could be mistaken...

it would seem unfair that a poster could potentially sell out before the first person in line gets in through the door. So maybe it's best they handle it this way - but of course I'm local, so you know I'm going to say that : )
i think the overall fairest method would be:

do the onsale for the complete run online after the exhibition has just ended. equal chances for all. the whole idea of "come to the show and you'll get something exclusive" showed it's ugly truth on multiple occasions, so chances that those are actually going to fans are lower at a show-only release, because if you wanna flip then it is easier to bring 10 pals to a show then learning 10 pals how to properly manage scoring at an onsale.
maden
Art Expert

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:58 pm

Got my requests in. Fingers crossed.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

pewter14
EB Team

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:59 pm

NOTE - The email stated you can call the gallery, I just spoke to someone there that said they are doing email only right now.

Call if you want, but, you should email them.

Jon Smith ... WINNER!!!!

mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
iratasan
Flipper

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:00 pm

too many great ones. i just throw the towel for this one entirely.
pewter14
EB Team

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:01 pm

another one for the Sox fans ... Nate Duval ... TONS of great stuff! Nice job putting this together, Mitch!

mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines