Eagles of Death Metal Manchester 07 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:16 am

who
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
MattTheCraw
Art Expert

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:23 am

Que Jojo?
Your Australian Poster Guy
kramer73
Art Expert

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:06 pm

MattTheCraw wrote:OK, for those that followed my Jane's Addiction story from last night, here's one better...

I'm out the front of Festival Hall at the FNM/EODM Concert.

I've just gotten a signed FNM poster they were selling when who should walk up to the merch booth but Jesse "Boots Electric" Hughes!

About 3 of the 200 people out the front of the venue recognise him. I went up, said hello and we started talking posters, EMEK, etc.

I eventually inform Jesse that I have the EMEK bedazzler print in my car and would love to get him to sign it at some stage if possible (I'm thinking after the show, bring it backstage, etc, etc).

Jesse asks where my car is and I tell him it's a 5 min walk away (I'm thinking he might be hanging out for a while and would be here when I got back if I raced off to get it).

He says - Let's go for a walk to your car, I'll sign it.

I'm dumbfounded and say are you sure man, you're on in about 30 mins. No problem he says, we'll make it easy.

So we walk to my car, on the way we talk Maton guitars, Joshua and Oz.

I get the poster out, he signs it - I "heart symbol" you Electric Boots - I grab a photo, we shake hands and he walks off into the sunset.....

Surreal

great story, congrats!
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:34 pm

Jesse was very nice to me when I met him in '04. Seems like he enjoys talking to fans and being around them.

Especially the women.
not dead
kramer73
Art Expert

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:38 pm

ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:Jesse was very nice to me when I met him in '04. Seems like he enjoys talking to fans and being around them.

Especially the women.
he wore his "mustache rides" t-shirt the last time I saw him.
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:54 pm

I was underage at the time of that show, and he got me in the club. Some large bouncer was not happy.

I didn't even have to give him a mustache ride!
not dead
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:31 pm

I'm listening to some EODM right now!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:41 am

first album is still the best one.
not dead
kramer73
Art Expert

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:53 am

ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:I was underage at the time of that show, and he got me in the club. Some large bouncer was not happy.

I didn't even have to give him a mustache ride!
sweet!
kevkevkev
Art Expert

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:51 pm

i saw their first uk gig (apart from an industry shindig) at a sleazy london joint called madame jojo's in soho. all i remember was overpriced beer and a 2 hour wait. no support band. the place was decked out like frigging scarface.
jojobadass
Art God

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:54 pm

sounds like my kind of place
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
MJBuck
Art Expert

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:58 pm

kevkevkev wrote:i saw their first uk gig (apart from an industry shindig) at a sleazy london joint called madame jojo's in soho. all i remember was overpriced beer and a 2 hour wait. no support band. the place was decked out like frigging scarface.
piles of cocaine and guns everywhere?
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
kevkevkev
Art Expert

Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:10 pm

http://www.madamejojos.com/private_hire/gallery.html

i think it must hold about 200.

mirrored walls, dark corners. you get the picture.
aahnutz
EB Team

Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:24 pm

The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:25 pm

MJBuck wrote:
kevkevkev wrote:i saw their first uk gig (apart from an industry shindig) at a sleazy london joint called madame jojo's in soho. all i remember was overpriced beer and a 2 hour wait. no support band. the place was decked out like frigging scarface.
piles of cocaine and guns everywhere?
sounds like my kinda place.
not dead