Haiti Relief 10 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
RITFW
Art Expert

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:15 am

Staunchy wrote:
pjtaper wrote:run of 600.

how many emails did it take for you to get that number from them?
Emek has pictures of a few donations addressed to a few different charities posted on his website... I'm guessing taper just did the math to come to the 600 number.
aahnutz
EB Team

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:19 am

It was posted on Facebook.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:27 pm

aahnutz wrote:It was posted on Facebook.
:!:
pjtaper
Art Freak

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 pm

Staunchy wrote:
pjtaper wrote:run of 600.

how many emails did it take for you to get that number from them?

anyone have an extra??? :D
ZERO

burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnn
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:33 pm

Is it just me...but if Emek had come right out of the gate and said the run would be 600....

He'd have sold out in seconds as usual?

I guess what I'm wondering is...the fact that he let it run a whole week - actually keep all the flippers away from this?

'Just kinda' befuddled...maybe a 'lil disappointed..'kinda wished they'd have to print their fingers to the bone for the next 3 months to catch up on this one... REALLY thought is would be a huge hit.

Hell, I had facebooking friends that don't collect print's & posters posting links on their pages promoting this print....

Maybe for once, all the prints will be going to their final destination right out of the gate?! Interesting....

I vote every print has a week long limit!!!! :)
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:07 am

I'm sure I'm not the only one who picked up more than one, it was for a good cause, failip or not!
theomont
Art Expert

Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:12 am

I forgot to buy mine but that's alright. I was kind of on the fence with the design. It's nice but I think it would have ended up living in the flat file.
http://theomont.blogspot.com - check it if you get a chance.
coleslaw
Art Expert

Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:33 am

I'll hang mine for sure, very kind of EMEK & Ronni :clap:
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:01 am

Are these things actually landing in po boxes...or are 93 people wishfully thinking they have this in their collections?
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:28 am

downbytheriver wrote:Are these things actually landing in po boxes...or are 93 people wishfully thinking they have this in their collections?
Your gonna go that far now, its alright to put this in your collection prior to receiving it. its a different story if your trying to sell it before receiving it.
Same fudge, different drop.
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:55 pm

If I don't put it in my collection when I purchase a print I'll more often than not forget to add it when the print arrives. 99.9% of what I buy I buy online so I'm already at the computer. Not so when opening the mail.
tourist504
Art Expert

Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:42 pm

Question:

Is it gonna have that "100% of profits...." and "emek.net" text on the bottom edge of the actual print? Or is that just on the picture here?
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
Imatruck
Art Expert

Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:45 pm

he would have sold more if he left off the word 'Haiti'
KNEEL13
EB Team

Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:30 pm

tourist504 wrote:Question:

Is it gonna have that "100% of profits...." and "emek.net" text on the bottom edge of the actual print? Or is that just on the picture here?
I think/hope it is just in the photo. I can't imagine him putting that text so large on the bottom of the print. The text might still be on the final print, but just a lot smaller. I guess we will find out soon enough.

And I also always try to add my prints to my collection right after I purchase them so I don't forget to do it later.
wolfmanjack
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:34 pm

KNEEL13 wrote:
And I also always try to add my prints to my collection right after I purchase them so I don't forget to do it later.
ditto
"Dont open my eyes, to nothin like truth, just leave it all lost in the wind, let it hide in the blindness of youth.
Facts of the matter, most likely will always remain, i guess ill be lost in the backyard, til i get home again"
- James McMurtry