Super Nova Jimi 10 Mear One

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:35 am

This topic is dedicated to: Super Nova Jimi 10 Mear One

GR8Dane
Art Expert

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:35 am

$650.00 and a run of 100? Pretty ballsy.
diggs25
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:22 am

Big fan of Mear's work, but $650.00 for a run of 100 is pretty steep. We'll have to wait and see how fast they sell.
iratasan
Flipper

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:59 am

jimmy was good in my book, but the hype surrounding him already surpasses his work. he was brilliant, no question about that, but c'mon, how many drymounting jimmy hendrix prints do we really need? the choe was the definite one and with that it should all end. also, when did jimmy turn into some kind of god that would justify this particular portrayal of him? he was only human. a talented human, but only human. it is unlikely for a god to overdose.

also, as doug stanhope already stated: how do you know he wasn't out of fudge? if he'd still be alive maybe he'd been doing the halftime superbowl show by now. you don't know.

i have no beef regarding the price though. this for sure was pretty expensive to produce if done right.
cardhawks
Art Expert

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:26 am

IMO it should have ended before Choe.... way before Choe....like a real long time ago...
And I never got why everyone liiked Choe's so much either....since when did Hendrix have dreads?
alteridiom
Art Expert

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:27 am

Looks rad, but not $650 rad.
Small town pizza lawyer
pvecchi
Art Expert

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:28 am

cardhawks wrote:IMO it should have ended before Choe.... way before Choe....like a real long time ago...
And I never got why everyone liiked Choe's so much either....since when did Hendrix have dreads?
Couldn't agree more.
Last edited by pvecchi on Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:29 am

somebody better let jermaine know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV74PsUo1dc
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
dmswsp
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:29 am

iratasan wrote:jimmy was good in my book, but the hype surrounding him already surpasses his work. he was brilliant, no question about that, but c'mon, how many drymounting jimmy hendrix prints do we really need? the choe was the definite one and with that it should all end. also, when did jimmy turn into some kind of god that would justify this particular portrayal of him? he was only human. a talented human, but only human. it is unlikely for a god to overdose.

also, as doug stanhope already stated: how do you know he wasn't out of fudge? if he'd still be alive maybe he'd been doing the halftime superbowl show by now. you don't know.

i have no beef regarding the price though. this for sure was pretty expensive to produce if done right.

Whoa Bro. You better pull out War Heroes or Band of Gypsies again. You losing touch.....
pjtaper
Art Freak

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:12 pm

i'll be shocked if this sells out...
$650? why the price increase? I dig his work, I def don't need another Hendrix print though, espeically one for $650... I wish Neil Young had more prints of him!
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:19 pm

fwiw, every mear one print I have bought has later been marked down (at least 100) by the gallery.
iratasan
Flipper

Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:49 pm

jojobadass wrote:somebody better let jermaine know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV74PsUo1dc
gimme a sec. i'll call him up.
gridlock
Art Expert

Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:40 pm

yo hella clean!!!.............jp
iratasan
Flipper

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:54 pm

cardhawks wrote:IMO it should have ended before Choe.... way before Choe....like a real long time ago...
if it wasn't for the choe then i would completely agree.
cardhawks wrote:And I never got why everyone liiked Choe's so much either.
personally i think it is the ultimate jimi print, artistically. personal preference though.
cardhawks wrote:...since when did Hendrix have dreads?
wishful thinking i guess. he should have had dreads.
dmswsp wrote: Whoa Bro. You better pull out War Heroes or Band of Gypsies again. You losing touch.....
wrong. first of all jimi and cousins are not particularily the kind of music that i am particularily interested in. if someone throws in a jimi, dead, stevens .. etc cd then i for sure enjoy it and i admire and respect the kind of musical genious that he was, especially his virtuosity, but with all the great bands and artists to chose from he is not neccessarily one of my personal heroes.

as for being out of fudge, you never know. look at the stones, look at the who. they should have all stopped at their peak. forever. plant from led zed realised that it was a matter or time and being young and that dragging this into grandpa age would be a mistake. to transfer this into a genre that i am more interested in i would love to name talk talk at this point. perfect band, but they will most likely never ever release anything ever again, which i completely support. or look at depeche mode. i give them a lot of credit for trying to reinvent themselves, but c'mon. i can listen to their last 3 releases, admire the amount of efford that went in it, hype up the songwriting, the production, the gazillion of remixes on their EPs, but i only need to listen to one of their classics like "to have and to hold" for example once and instantly their last 7 years of existence become meaningless.

denis leary said it best when he said "...wouldn't it be nice to remember elvis thin, with a full set of hair, in his golden suit? that's why i am glad that jesus died when he did. if he'd be still around he would be walking around jerusalem screaming 'hey bring me a cheeseburger. maria magdalene, come here, i want a blowjob right now."

secondly jimi was a human being and i am completely opposed to the idea of iconizing people up to such level. no matter if it is musicians, other artists or political leaders. they are neither saints nor demigods. there are people whose work i admire, but i don't admire the person. you don't know about their darkest secrets and if you put their portrayal up on the wall then it is not about them, it is about the idea that you project into them. human beings are born hypocrites. some manage to get that under control better than others, but none of us are flawless.

let's take mike franti of the beatnigs/disposable heroes of hiophoprisy for example. made one of the best and most meaningfull allbums ever with his release "hypocrisy is the greatest luxury". i believed him. he believed himself. years later he traded that in for making cozy fuzzy pop raggae pseudo revolutionairy pop tunes.

more? ben elton, offensive british standup comedian turning into a dude that made the queen music with andrew loyd webber.

the list goes on and on and on.
Tadrules
Art Expert

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:03 pm

jimmy was good in my book, but the hype surrounding him already surpasses his work.
:hanging:
If you use ULINE tubes, please don't pm me about trades or sales.