Homeward Bound 10 McCarthy

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
johnr1311
Art Expert

Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:04 pm

wolfmanjack wrote:
pj101ca wrote:
wolfmanjack wrote:
these will cap out around 100, imo
always good to hear about future values from a guy who's been here 2 months. thanks
:roll: :lol: your welcome
funny you value peoples opinions by how much time they spend on a message board :thumb:
I guess you could always mention how many McCarthy drops you been around for? Dan has better prints, worth less than this one.
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks
s_k_y
Art Expert

Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:42 pm

wolfmanjack wrote:
pj101ca wrote:
wolfmanjack wrote:
always good to hear about future values from a guy who's been here 2 months. thanks
funny you value peoples opinions by how much time they spend on a message board :thumb:
let me guess, you bought 4?

Don't think he's basing that off of time spent on the board, but rather the join date.

I'm not knocking this print and think that this will be like any other release and will settle $50-75 in the long run. It's a great image, but there's 550 of them out there...and most people bought multiples with the intention of selling the 2nd to pay for his/her first.
tranito
Art Expert

Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:51 pm

You guys are nuts.. or noobs.. or noob fishing.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
wolfmanjack
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:10 pm

s_k_y wrote:
wolfmanjack wrote:
pj101ca wrote:
wolfmanjack wrote:
let me guess, you bought 4?

Don't think he's basing that off of time spent on the board, but rather the join date.

I'm not knocking this print and think that this will be like any other release and will settle $50-75 in the long run. It's a great image, but there's 550 of them out there...and most people bought multiples with the intention of selling the 2nd to pay for his/her first.
fellas fellas, I know some like to get into pissing contests and put new folks in their place. Relax, this place provdes a wealth of information to educate folks on the secondary market. This is my first sub, fourth drop if ya must know. I'm such as ass for recently discovering and loving dan's work, shame on me. This brought me to aquire 6 prints so far from years past to start my collection, all from the secondary market. So based on that experience and the price history, run size, deatils for countless others on here I've checked out, I formed an opinion but hey opinions of that nature are mere guesses, I'm such a punk for doing so along with others in this thread. :lol:

lastly, wrong guess, I bought one in addition to my sub to frame right away, b/c of my years out west this really appeals to me. And when my sub arrives I'll decide if its gonna be my brothers bday gift or if I wanna trade if for another mccarthy I am iso... common practice... I didnt even list having an extra because as of now its a gift.

sorry for stepping out of place and socializing in the forums, have a great day :D
"Dont open my eyes, to nothin like truth, just leave it all lost in the wind, let it hide in the blindness of youth.
Facts of the matter, most likely will always remain, i guess ill be lost in the backyard, til i get home again"
- James McMurtry
pennytoads
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:12 pm

i like the way the wolfman speaks! kudos sir. great print, driving up the poudre out of ft collins, what times indeed. may frame this one for over the bed....
ZandyMan
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:15 pm

Hey there,

My new interview with Dan McCarthy is now posted at LOSTblog.com.

Comments are encouraged.

Thanks!

- Alex
jojobadass
Art God

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:29 pm

$125-150
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
_benjammin
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:39 pm

ZandyMan wrote:Hey there,

My new interview ...[/url].

Comments are encouraged.
You must be lost cuz you are in the wrong thread.
_benjammin
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:41 pm

jojobadass wrote:$125-150
I didn't see it on your site. :?
Where can I get one?

:lol:
Jonathanb
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:47 pm

ZandyMan wrote:Hey there,

My new interview with Dan McCarthy is now posted at LOSTblog.com.

Comments are encouraged.

Thanks!

- Alex
Thanks for that. Quick easy read and insightful!!!!
s_k_y
Art Expert

Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:11 pm

stop being such a punk wolfman! :wink:

enjoy your new McCarthys! :D
wolfmanjack
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:35 pm

s_k_y wrote:stop being such a punk wolfman! :wink:

enjoy your new McCarthys! :D

I'll do my best :lol:

thanks sky, got all my supplies ready to start framing, now comes time to prioritize ... safe to say to build a fire is gonna be first, then from there, tough calls
"Dont open my eyes, to nothin like truth, just leave it all lost in the wind, let it hide in the blindness of youth.
Facts of the matter, most likely will always remain, i guess ill be lost in the backyard, til i get home again"
- James McMurtry
pj101ca
Art Expert

Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:48 pm

Helpful EB tips:

Read more. Post less.
mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
xhondax
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:58 pm

This makes me glad I bought his sub. I was stoked on the sketching print and the fall print, but the last 2 not so much. This one however is my favorite so far.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:01 pm

Is that a mini-van?

GID Stars>GID Owls>GIDLit Windows>GID>Skeletons>Snow>LOTR Characters>Dinos>Mini-Vans. >DMB.