Radiohead Haiti Relief LA 10 Arens

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
zapper
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:38 pm

who the heck is this sandhurst5 fellow on the bay? dude has sold 9 of these, a few of them auto'd by the band, show edition - how did he get so many?
pjtaper
Art Freak

Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:01 pm

edgar wrote:Lossless:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=287411

Mp3:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NRP399PU

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9hhigb

Radiohead - For Haiti
The Music Box @ The Fonda
Los Angeles, CA
January 24th, 2010

taper: edgar ( edgar518@hotmail.com )

source: AT831 > SP-SPSB-11 (rolloff @ 107 Hz) > Edirol R-09 HR @ 44.1 / 16-bit

transfer: Card reader > PC > Soundforge 7.0 (normalization and fades only) > Cdwave > TLH > shn

Disc One:

01. Intro
02. Faust Arp
03. Fake Plastic Trees
04. Arpeggi
05. The National Anthem
06. Nude
07. Karma Police
08. Kid A
09. Morning Bell
10. How To Disappear Completely
11. A Wolf At The Door
12. The Bends
13. Lucky (aborted)
14. Reckoner
15. Lucky

Disc Two:

01. Bodysnatchers
02. Dollars and Cents
03. Airbag
04. Exit Music
05. ...Thom returns
06. Everything In It's Right Place
07. You And Whose Army?
08. Pyramid Song
09. All I Need
10. ...Thom returns...again...
11. Lotus Flower
12. Fundraising totals
13. Paranoid Android
14. Street Spirit (fade out)

MANY Thank yous are definitely in order for this one:

Formengr - without whom this wouldn't have been possible. While I slept, he assembled the troops Patton style and w/o my knowledge arranged 90% of this.

Hmblmunkey - he's so much more than just a chauffer for the comatose. Thank you for ALL your help and the sacrifices you made to help me get through this day.

Patrick and Rose - for providing the ticket help, and waiting in line during the day until I could arrive at the venue.

"The ladies from atease" - you know who you are (yep, Rose is one of them...again!) by arranging ticket trades, line placement, etc, etc. You provided a HUGE contribution.

Nicole and her friend...??? (sorry, blank here...I tried to remember) - they were #2+3 in line - THANK YOU AGAIN for the ticket trade that put me in the ideal position.

And speaking of being put into position...
To the ateaseweb members who came together to make this possible (many of which I understand came from the RADIOHUB)...
I'm both honored and stunned. I appreciate and more importantly applaud your efforts, and am grateful for the opportunity you gave me.
I'm still pretty shocked about the whole situation.

Last but most certainly not least, thank you Radiohead. Your gesture and kind donation of time truly proved to be quite valuable for the cause.
THANK YOU gentlemen for spending your day off using the power of your artistry to help so many who need so much. Band aid, indeed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

***** A reminder...it's not too late to donate! *****

If you download this recording, please support Radiohead's initial intentions of playing the show. Pay it forward properly.

DONATE TO OXFAM IF YOU CAN !!!

http://www.oxfamamerica.org/
http://www.oxfam.org/en/
http://www.oxfam.org/

$1, $2, $10, $20, $100...it doesn't matter how much - do what you can do, and give what you can.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

and as always...

!!!!! Please do not sell this recording in any way, shape or form. Share it FREELY with everyone. !!!!!

Everything is now in it's right place.

compiled by edgar January 26th, 2010
whyhoo
Art Expert

Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:49 pm

thanks taper!
tourist504
Art Expert

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:44 am

Yay!

I haven't been on atease since the last NA tour...

BTW, has it been determined that NONE of these are silkscreened? All Litho?
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
electrachrome
Site Admin

Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:50 pm

tourist504 wrote:BTW, has it been determined that NONE of these are silkscreened? All Litho?
I believe that is correct.

I find it hard to believe the red version is still available.
cerebus
Art Expert

Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:52 pm

Thanks for the download edgar. Nice job on the taping!

:clap:
edgar
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:42 am

cerebus wrote:Thanks for the download edgar. Nice job on the taping!

:clap:

my pleasure. glad you enjoy it.
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
sasquatch
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:02 pm

Well it's now an edition of 100 minus 2, since the posters I received from La La Land today are out of commission.

Apparently they're named of their shipping philosophy. Shipped flat in flimsy cardboard (these could have easily been shipped in tubes) and the posters were TAPED! to the inside of the cardboard.
rh.jpg
lazk
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:14 pm

Mine are messed up as well.

Relief = major issues...

Coco Print - Square box
Radiohead Haiti - Creased & Taped.
T.K.C.
MJBuck
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:24 pm

sasquatch wrote:Well it's now an edition of 100 minus 2, since the posters I received from La La Land today are out of commission.

Apparently they're named of their shipping philosophy. Shipped flat in flimsy cardboard (these could have easily been shipped in tubes) and the posters were TAPED! to the inside of the cardboard.
rh.jpg
Ouch. I'm afraid what I'll see when I get home, plus it's raining.
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
middayshadows
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:14 pm

Oh my lord - who would ship them that way????

Has anyone ever seen a poster shipping method more ridiculous than this...???

Is the prevailing logic/justification here "this is charity , so they're just going to have to take what we shove at them???"

Horrible.
Evolution
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:28 pm

Mine arrived ok. Shipped in 4 pieces of cardboard. 2 on either side of the poster with a complete seal of tape around the edges. They were also taped to the cardboard inside, but the tape came off with only minimal damage to the back of one print. I do have a different issue though. The package sat outside on my rainy porch all day. The porch is covered, but the wind-blown rain still did a pretty good job of saturating the cardboard. The posters show a hint of waviness and feel slightly damp/heavy. What's the best thing for me to do with them?
kramer73
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:46 pm

I'll ask for a refund if that's going to be the case, they can have the poster back as well.
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:54 pm

yup, bent completely, I saw it on the outside of the package, taped to the cardboard as well.
I talked to a dude at La La, I'm sending mine back for a replacement... i will include a note asking to not put tape on my print, and to ship it in a tube.
goddamn I hate flat shipping, its about as smart as using UPS.
dasmitty11
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:56 pm

Evolution wrote:Mine arrived ok. Shipped in 4 pieces of cardboard. 2 on either side of the poster with a complete seal of tape around the edges. They were also taped to the cardboard inside, but the tape came off with only minimal damage to the back of one print. I do have a different issue though. The package sat outside on my rainy porch all day. The porch is covered, but the wind-blown rain still did a pretty good job of saturating the cardboard. The posters show a hint of waviness and feel slightly damp/heavy. What's the best thing for me to do with them?

bitch at your postal carrier.