Radiohead Haiti Relief LA 10 Arens Release Discussion 01/26/

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
User avatar
andruw000
Art Expert
Posts: 1041
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:17 am

Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:24 pm

i don't mind getting a poster that everyone else i getting, considering the cause. The Keyes and Emek relief posters are great examples of this. However, if the description of a poster when I add it to my cart and check out says "signed out of 100" then I want to make sure that is what I receive.
aky90be
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 787
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:24 pm

Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:24 pm

I'm also kinda with the other guy on the sales tax thing. Not quite sure that goes to charity
"...youre not actually looking at Schulz-Neudamm's tones and lines, youre looking at a jpg of those tones and lines run through a photoshop filter to make them simpler for a simpler printing method. so... superior? ..."

DD -2013
User avatar
jjbehren
Flipper
Posts: 12745
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am

Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:25 pm

aky90be wrote:I'm also kinda with the other guy on the sales tax thing. Not quite sure that goes to charity
Kii is working on the sales tax issue.
User avatar
lazk
Art Expert
Posts: 5327
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:45 am
Location: Knoxville, TN

Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:29 pm

Um..

I will wait to see what the deal is before I get upset...

I purchased it as a limited edition of 100.

When I purchased the EMEK Poster yesterday, I knew it was for an OPEN edition.

When I purchase a Keyes Print tonight, I will know it is for an OPEN edition.

That is the only problem I have.
T.K.C.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52720
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:34 pm

The flippers are restless.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
aky90be
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 787
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:24 pm

Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:38 pm

pewter14 wrote:Not a huge fan of this one (although, the cause is great) ... but, on that sale page above, this poster is drymounting great ...

Image
Love it!
"...youre not actually looking at Schulz-Neudamm's tones and lines, youre looking at a jpg of those tones and lines run through a photoshop filter to make them simpler for a simpler printing method. so... superior? ..."

DD -2013
User avatar
andruw000
Art Expert
Posts: 1041
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:17 am

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:16 pm

The receipt I have says Radiohead for Haiti - Item number #6000. When I put the current edition in my cart it says Radiohead for Haiti - RED item number 62000. So, hopefully that means I will get the yellow, which I think looks much better than the red.
User avatar
fribhey
Art Expert
Posts: 1780
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:00 am

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:19 pm

andruw000 wrote:The receipt I have says Radiohead for Haiti - Item number #6000. When I put the current edition in my cart it says Radiohead for Haiti - RED item number 62000. So, hopefully that means I will get the yellow, which I think looks much better than the red.
i ordered the yellow and the item number was #6000 but the description said second edition (but didn't list edition size). i emailed them trying to figure out which i'm getting.
TreyG
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:26 pm

fribhey wrote:
andruw000 wrote:The receipt I have says Radiohead for Haiti - Item number #6000. When I put the current edition in my cart it says Radiohead for Haiti - RED item number 62000. So, hopefully that means I will get the yellow, which I think looks much better than the red.
i ordered the yellow and the item number was #6000 but the description said second edition (but didn't list edition size). i emailed them trying to figure out which i'm getting.
I ordered the yellow and the item # was also 6000, but the descrition and my reciept said/says nothing about second edition...
User avatar
fribhey
Art Expert
Posts: 1780
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:00 am

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:30 pm

TreyG wrote:
fribhey wrote:
andruw000 wrote:The receipt I have says Radiohead for Haiti - Item number #6000. When I put the current edition in my cart it says Radiohead for Haiti - RED item number 62000. So, hopefully that means I will get the yellow, which I think looks much better than the red.
i ordered the yellow and the item number was #6000 but the description said second edition (but didn't list edition size). i emailed them trying to figure out which i'm getting.
I ordered the yellow and the item # was also 6000, but the descrition and my reciept said/says nothing about second edition...
the receipt doesn't say anything about what edition it is.

i got an email back from Kii and i'm getting the yellow so it's safe to say if your order # is 6000 you will get the yellow which i'm assuming is the first edition (with red being the second edition)
User avatar
thebends9
Art Expert
Posts: 8835
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:00 am

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:31 pm

Just got back from dropping a deuce....what did I miss?
User avatar
jazzgalaxy
Art Expert
Posts: 1690
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:15 am
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:40 pm

The shipping cost is the same as it was for the first edition, so I hope they're all shipped flat. That would make me happy.
TreyG
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:43 pm

it said shipped flat when the yellow one was up.
User avatar
thegig
Art Expert
Posts: 3154
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:00 am
Location: rva
Contact:

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:59 pm

If he's gonna ship 'em flat, I hope he does it right. Some of my worst experiences have been receiving posters shipped flat. Use a TOOB!!

EDIT: Though I guess if it's on thick, handmade paper, it might not roll so well....whatever. Just give me my poster!
automator
Nobody
Posts: 128806
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:27 pm

This topic is dedicated to release discussion for Radiohead Haiti Relief LA 10 Arens - Show

Image
Post Reply