Haiti Relief 10 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jjbehren
Flipper

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:47 am

Democracy Now is one of the best actual news sources going. I love that Emek posted the link to this story:

http://www.democracynow.org/2010/1/20/d ... _struggles
DMBTattoo
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:42 pm

really like this! hope its a big edition to raise more money!
automator
Nobody

Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:22 pm

New image Haiti Relief 10 EMEK

downbytheriver
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:26 pm

Might be cool with maybe some of the emblems or symbols of those organizations making the best efforts/strongest use of dollars whatever...with these nfp's organization's emblems in the 'fret board" at the 3rd 5th 7th 12th fret etc. Kina' Kustom like a paul reed smith or ANY of the old stringed instruments available for viewing at "America's Shrine to Music" in Vermillion South Dakota. It is
America's collection of instrumentation from around the world...in a city most people have never heard of. The place is baddf'nass.

Its hard to add to perfection...it was merely an observation.
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:36 pm

400 is NOT ENOUGH!!!
Goddamnit, I've been shut out on a lot of recent EMEK sales... NOBODY should be shut out when trying to buy a print for a cause like this..
I really hope EMEK makes this a time limited sale, unlimited run, or charges $300+ for these, which I would be HAPPY to pay.
Ugh
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:44 pm

I know the feeling pj...I've gotten 2 emeks my whole career(one that obviously only I wanted b'cause its 'value' is less than its original cost- don't care though, its framed and lookin' dapper as ever)....and one was b'cause I picked the right answer.

It is what it is.

something tells me if I were about 1600 miles closer to the server source - I'd actually get one of these once in a while.
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
OneStepAhead
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:08 pm

how can we be sure Emek isnt going to pocket the money? Could just be a clever scam.. :lol:
MJBuck
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:10 pm

with an edition of 400 you wont be shut out of anything.
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:16 pm

Great Piece, FINALLY, something an image that does not look recycled like many of the prints in 09'

I know artist's have their own style, but I felt like a lot of Emek's art was just being forced out print after print. All of them were nice, but this one is Great!!!

I would think that if he's creating it for a relief fund that there would be a nice BIG run, but we'll have to wait and find out...

::F5::F5::
Common sense, is not that common
mattlew69
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:28 pm

Great Art Print!!!!! Way to go Emek! 100% proceeds to charity!!! what a generous dude!

i vote for a time release sale!!!!
birdwell
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:56 pm

I dont think this image is even the finished piece. So I'm sure it will get even better.
Rainbows & Butterflies
pewter14
EB Team

Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:00 pm

birdwell wrote:I dont think this image is even the finished piece. So I'm sure it will get even better.
Sometimes, less is more.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
coleslaw
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:07 pm

Last edited by coleslaw on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
sk8nshoot1
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:23 pm

A tax deduction too? :roll:
BK: "Flatstock is like chum for flippers"
MJBuck
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:39 pm

sk8nshoot1 wrote:A tax deduction too? :roll:
Fairey does it all the time. What's wrong with EMEK doing that? It's not as if these are free to produce...
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.