What did you pick? (poster/art of the year)

General art-related discussion.
7th_son
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:43 pm

Image Image

Toss up with Sperry's WSP for poster. That looks really nice in pics, but I haven't seen it in person.
pewter14
EB Team

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:53 pm

Sperry gets my vote for Artist of the Year ... but not poster of the year. Actually, I think I would have voted for the English Beat/Reel Big Fish or the American Artifact prints over the WSP, but that's just me. All are outstanding, he had a killer year. Seabury's Sympathy for the Devil print is also top notch, another I had heavy consideration for.

As for Art print, I was this close to voting for a LOST print ... Danger's ... because the detail is great, and it transcends the whole LOST theme ... but, passed it up for something a little more simple, yet eloquent.

Art Print - (still ISO btw ... and yes, I've seen it in person)

Poster -

mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
thesavageguy
Art Expert

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:01 pm

ImageImage
vtadams22
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:02 pm

Image Image
tranito
Art Expert

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:05 pm

You voted for 2 posters.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
vtadams22
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:07 pm

That's the way it was set up
pewter14
EB Team

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:08 pm

tranito wrote:You voted for 2 posters.
That what I thought, I guess the MEI is under art prints (?)
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
vtadams22
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:09 pm

pewter14 wrote:
tranito wrote:You voted for 2 posters.
That what I thought, I guess the MEI is under art prints (?)

si
tranito
Art Expert

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:09 pm

This, or either it was the Menade art print indeed in the correct category

Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
vtadams22
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:10 pm

tranito wrote:This, or either it was the Menade art print indeed in the correct category

That's probably what it was and I just posted the wrong image
sogr8ful
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:13 pm

cro225 wrote:art print-Image
poster-Image
same here
fredo
Art God

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:15 pm

Would've been nice to vote top 3, as it was crazy tight at the top... but from what I bought:
ImageImage
just a foil for me today, thanks
cardhawks
Art Expert

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:32 pm

Went with

Danger's ....my hands were shaking ,for print even though I don't have it or seen it in person.....ahem!!! :cry:

Hunter's .....Ibogaine Conference for poster

It was very hard for me not to pick the Sperry WSP, the Emek Jane's Addiction, and Horkey's Dead Man...all top notch.
I wish we could do a different format where we could look at our top 10 alltogether It's frustrating to keep starting over to try and pick with so many choices but only carrying one over to the next page f's with my mind because I want to evaluate all my favs together and not just the best on the page.
Then I made the mistake of letting this thread sway my opinion somewhat when I saw the WSP getting so much attention It made me feel it was a runaway for #1 and that made me feel like I needed to pass it up for the feeling I was becoming jaded by it's popularity even though I'm not sure I'd have picked it #1 anyway.... does that make sense?
ketstroxan
Art Expert

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:41 pm

tranito
Art Expert

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:46 pm

cardhawks wrote:Went with

Danger's ....my hands were shaking ,for print even though I don't have it or seen it in person.....ahem!!! :cry:

Hunter's .....Ibogaine Conference for poster

It was very hard for me not to pick the Sperry WSP, the Emek Jane's Addiction, and Horkey's Dead Man...all top notch.
I wish we could do a different format where we could look at our top 10 alltogether It's frustrating to keep starting over to try and pick with so many choices but only carrying one over to the next page f's with my mind because I want to evaluate all my favs together and not just the best on the page.
Then I made the mistake of letting this thread sway my opinion somewhat when I saw the WSP getting so much attention It made me feel it was a runaway for #1 and that made me feel like I needed to pass it up for the feeling I was becoming jaded by it's popularity even though I'm not sure I'd have picked it #1 anyway.... does that make sense?
A lot, but I'll add that I feel the WSP Sperry is truly deserving, so I don't care popularity/hype, I'm comfortable with it. On the other side, I think it will be well represented which might not be the case for Ibogaine which is equally awesome imo. Ibogaine took the community by surprise earlier this year and placed Hunter on the map. I've never seen a small edition like this get framed as much as it did and as soon as received as this poster. I think it deserves the recognition. The fact it might not get it IS for me a reason which makes me lean toward voting for this one instead. I'm not stressing for the Sperry WSP.. the ''favoring the underdog'' rule.. kind of.