LOST poster series

General art-related discussion.
maden
Art Expert

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:06 pm

i dunno i this has already been posted. its from tyler stouts site:

question: anyone have a online store with inventory recommendation? i currently use big cartel , because it tracks inventory. but it is not perfect for my needs. i have heard good things about zen-cart.com , and will be setting up one of those this week to try out.

basically i need something that keeps track of inventory, doesn't oversell, and is reliable.

also: store can't be super expensive, i don't mind paying a monthly fee, but i can't spend 2500$ plus on a setup. any help would be appreciated
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:08 pm

after lost is over i fear that Mel will be forced to talk in only commas, i'm pretty sure he will melt down and only communicate with ,,,, .. ,, .. it would be sad if it wasn't so funny.
I'm worried that in the season finale the entire show turns out to be MEL's cheese-induced dream :(
:rolling:
Last edited by HenryGaleWasHere on Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nopey23
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:09 pm

noeldaddy wrote:the artists are gonna score upwards of $8000 in a couple minutes. answering some emails will be worth it
Exactly... if there were no emails/this kind of interest they'd be lucky to get 25% of that...
maden
Art Expert

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:15 pm

i bet that 90%+ of the emails are as obnoxious as can be. things like 'a drop down menu isnt fair. please change it' or 'please make sure your site does not oversell. i hate it when it does that' or 'is there any way i can get one before the sale, i will pay $x'. if youre getting hundreds of those everyday, i am sure it gets annoying

whyhoo
Art Expert

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:19 pm

kj1nyr wrote:From Kevin's newsletter:
UPDATE:After some consideration and comments/emails sent to me, I do realize that with every second making or breaking a sale, having a drop down menu can be a downer. Sorry this is so late in the game. I can consider just making everything $215, regardless of where you are. All you do is click BUY. Please post if the comments if you are for or against this, obviously before 12 pm PST. Just trying to be as helpful as I can be.
http://tragicsunshine.com/newsletter/
do it - ditch the drop down!
jjbehren
Flipper

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:20 pm

The artists should put the first few on ebay. Once the prices start dropping a little (after the first 5-6) then put the rest up at a healthy price. They're definitely not milking this thing for all its worth.

Fine by me, I guess.
maden
Art Expert

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:24 pm

jjbehren wrote:The artists should put the first few on ebay. Once the prices start dropping a little (after the first 5-6) then put the rest up at a healthy price. They're definitely not milking this thing for all its worth.

Fine by me, I guess.
i think they should do the reverse. sell like 10-15 on their sites, then put some up on ebay (one at a time, 3-5 day auctions) and get some serious $$$$ out of it

jjbehren
Flipper

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:29 pm

maden wrote:
jjbehren wrote:The artists should put the first few on ebay. Once the prices start dropping a little (after the first 5-6) then put the rest up at a healthy price. They're definitely not milking this thing for all its worth.

Fine by me, I guess.
i think they should do the reverse. sell like 10-15 on their sites, then put some up on ebay (one at a time, 3-5 day auctions) and get some serious $$$$ out of it
Then their auctions would be competing with the flippers that just bought their stuff.
maden
Art Expert

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:31 pm

jjbehren wrote:
maden wrote:

Fine by me, I guess.
Then their auctions would be competing with the flippers that just bought their stuff.
true, but if you dont release that many, youre not gonna have that many flippers. although some good $$$ will make people do anything, so you never know

jjbehren
Flipper

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:34 pm

I suppose you do have a point. If the consumer knows that you will be releasing some for a lower price later then s/he will probably not bid as high on the initial ebay releases.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:39 pm

it's all about not informing the public about fudge.
not dead
maden
Art Expert

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:41 pm

jjbehren wrote:I suppose you do have a point. If the consumer knows that you will be releasing some for a lower price later then s/he will probably not bid as high on the initial ebay releases.
yeah, i think that is why you have yet to see some of the prints blow up in price. i think the hatch and stouts lost will start to get pricier after the artists sell their final copies.

aky90be
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:54 pm

Wow
That was uncomfortable to watch(Tong and Moss video on Tong's site)
They look about as comfortable as Losties' after the series is finally over.
"...youre not actually looking at Schulz-Neudamm's tones and lines, youre looking at a jpg of those tones and lines run through a photoshop filter to make them simpler for a simpler printing method. so... superior? ..."

DD -2013
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:57 pm

ya know, everyone thinks it's so nice of the artists to be offering the posters for between original cost and market value... that's garbage. look at klausen. a print gets released at a show. months later he'll sell it on his site for about $60 or $70, regardless of what the aftermarket looks like. sometimes those posters sell for like $200 or higher, but klausen won't go and jack up the prices on what he's selling. granted, years down the road it's a different story. but come on, the lost prints were released a month ago. the artists should be selling their prints for maybe $90 each and let the aftermarket do its thing. no artist should be jacking up the price so high, much less even think of selling them on ebay. if every artist started doing this for every AP print they sell, it's gonna kill our hobby.
ImageImage
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:59 pm

noeldaddy wrote:ya know, everyone thinks it's so nice of the artists to be offering the posters for between original cost and market value... that's garbage. look at klausen. a print gets released at a show. months later he'll sell it on his site for about $60 or $70, regardless of what the aftermarket looks like. sometimes those posters sell for like $200 or higher, but klausen won't go and jack up the prices on what he's selling. granted, years down the road it's a different story. but come on, the lost prints were released a month ago. the artists should be selling their prints for maybe $90 each and let the aftermarket do its thing. no artist should be jacking up the price so high, much less even think of selling them on ebay. if every artist started doing this for every AP print they sell, it's gonna kill our hobby.
it's their work. they can fudge on it if they want. they can also sell for whatever they want. ever heard of "starving artists". Regardless, they are ALL selling out at they price they want.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.