Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
maden
Art Expert

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:54 am

artoholic wrote:I hate when people use public forums to shamelessly promote their personal agenda

Support great music and buy this album... please
:D
i will download it. and even if i like it, i will not buy it. its how i roll. also, add people saying 'how i roll' to the list
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

tourist504
Art Expert

Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:59 am

JasonSlc wrote:
byc101 wrote:The membership rush in the gym after New Year's.
I always say, the same people you see in October, you'll see in March. This is not true of the interim months.
"Raymond, did you pray to Jesus on that?" "Yes, and Jesus said take it to the hole!"

UCB! Awesome....
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
aahnutz
EB Team

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:19 pm

Yep. I couldn't find a parking space on Wednesday. Haven't had a problem like that in the past six months.
I also hate the people who only go there to exercise their jaws. Get out of the way and talk somewhere else.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:20 pm

tourist504 wrote:
mistersmith wrote:Can't remember if I posted this or not, I searched and didn't find it...anyway, I can't stand when people use the phrase "should of." That's nonsense. It's "should have," and people only think it's "should of" because of a) the contraction "should've" and b) most people can't speak clearly. "Should have."
It's not "can't." It's "cannot." Also, it's not "didn't." It's "did not." Also, it's not "that's." It's "that is." Also, it's not "it's." It's "it is."

This is what you sound like, Commander Data. How can you be a cafeteria contraction user?

And come on: "should've" is practically the same thing as "they've." Certainly not high speech, but come on!

Though I do agree about "should of." Drives me nuts when people say that!
Dude, you didn't understand what I wrote. I don't have any problem with contractions. Come on. It's just that when that particular contraction is said aloud, morons think they're hearing "should of." What the hell is a "cafeteria contraction user?"
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
fredo
Art God

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:22 pm

People who talk non-stop and take cell-phone pictures throughout a concert.
just a foil for me today, thanks
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:23 pm

Some idiot was flailing his arms around during the entire Sonic Youth show last night, and only paused briefly to take horrendous pictures with his 10 year old flip phone. It was quite a sight.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
fredo
Art God

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:26 pm

As they drank the couple in front of me got more and more loose with their PDAs last night. It culminated with her jumping on him with legs around his waist, his hand up her shirt and the two of them falling forward. I would have complained except the finale was totally worth it.
Catarax
Art Expert

Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:02 pm

mistersmith wrote:
tourist504 wrote:
mistersmith wrote:Can't remember if I posted this or not, I searched and didn't find it...anyway, I can't stand when people use the phrase "should of." That's nonsense. It's "should have," and people only think it's "should of" because of a) the contraction "should've" and b) most people can't speak clearly. "Should have."
It's not "can't." It's "cannot." Also, it's not "didn't." It's "did not." Also, it's not "that's." It's "that is." Also, it's not "it's." It's "it is."

This is what you sound like, Commander Data. How can you be a cafeteria contraction user?

And come on: "should've" is practically the same thing as "they've." Certainly not high speech, but come on!

Dude, you didn't understand what I wrote. I don't have any problem with contractions. Come on. It's just that when that particular contraction is said aloud, morons think they're hearing "should of." What the hell is a "cafeteria contraction user?"

maybe he's saying people use contractions way too much.. those god damn cafeteria contraction users..
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
fredo
Art God

Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:14 pm

Maybe you get pudding with your contractions!
tourist504
Art Expert

Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:30 pm

mistersmith wrote:
tourist504 wrote:

Ah. My B. Well in that case I totally agree.

Cafeteria contraction users take the ones they like and leave the rest. For example, a pro-choice devout catholic would be a cafeteria catholic. Cafeteria - maybe it's a southern thing?
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Most Christians are cafeteria Christians. They like their religion like they like their Chinese food. Some from column A, some from column B.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:49 pm

Codeblue wrote:Most Christians are cafeteria Christians. They like their religion like they like their Chinese food. Some from column A, some from column B.
What kind of Chinese food do you order from columns? Are their menus on an Excel spreadsheet or something?
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:52 pm

aahnutz wrote:
Yep. I couldn't find a parking space on Wednesday. Haven't had a problem like that in the past six months.
I also hate the people who only go there to exercise their jaws. Get out of the way and talk somewhere else.
Speaking of gyms and parking spaces, what's with gym-goers needing to park right in front of the facility? These people fight to get the closest parking spot to the entrance only to go inside and spend an hour on the treadmill or stair-stepper.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:53 pm

ColonelCash wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Most Christians are cafeteria Christians. They like their religion like they like their Chinese food. Some from column A, some from column B.
What kind of Chinese food do you order from columns? Are their menus on an Excel spreadsheet or something?
dirkstainly
EB Team

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:58 pm

aahnutz wrote:
You should be all set in about six weeks after most people merely pay the monthly dues to feel like they are keeping their new years resolutions.