Soundgarden Houston 92 Kozik

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:50 pm

ThierryHenry wrote:Bought the Pink Lady 2nd ed from ebay a while back. I actually emailed Frank Kozik if the poster looked real.
He replied pretty quick & said it looked genuine (well, the numbers written looked real).

My query now is that the white border of the poster is all even. Every picture I see of the the pink lady, the bottom white border is huge.
I really don't think it was trimmed or anything.

Does anyone have a version of the pink lady where all the white borders are the same.

Maybe a silly question but Im just curious.
Bottom has been trimmed on yours. The originals all had a huge amount of space at the bottom, sorry.
ThierryHenry
Art Expert

Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:56 pm

ChefFerrari wrote:
ThierryHenry wrote:Bought the Pink Lady 2nd ed from ebay a while back. I actually emailed Frank Kozik if the poster looked real.
He replied pretty quick & said it looked genuine (well, the numbers written looked real).

My query now is that the white border of the poster is all even. Every picture I see of the the pink lady, the bottom white border is huge.
I really don't think it was trimmed or anything.

Does anyone have a version of the pink lady where all the white borders are the same.

Maybe a silly question but Im just curious.
Bottom has been trimmed on yours. The originals all had a huge amount of space at the bottom, sorry.
Thanks for the reply. As long as its a genuine poster, Im not too bothered.
If it was trimmed, it looks pretty good.
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:42 pm

Yep. I have a Pink Lady (actually lavendar) remember that when I was having it framed. Big borders. One other thing you may find is that the print on the paper is a slight bit out of true with the edges. The guy who framed mine mentioned he had framed another one like mine and it too was not straight.

Here's mine framed showing what I was talking about. A shitty pic, but still it shows the extra bottom length on paper and you can even see the slight crookedness of the print on the paper. The right bottom corner is a bit higher.
Last edited by freaksmeout on Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing brings humility like a good ol' shart."
ThierryHenry
Art Expert

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:27 am

freaksmeout wrote:Yep. I have a Pink Lady (actually lavendar) remember that when I was having it framed. Big borders. One other thing you may find is that the print on the paper is a slight bit out of true with the edges. The guy who framed mine mentioned he had framed another one like mine and it too was not straight.
I took mine out of my portfolio to have a look. The print is trimmed (unevenly too) down the side.
The print measures 24 x 30.5 and she is acyually lavendar, not pink as you said. Numbered but not signed.

The edge ware will not be noticeable when framed. The bottom border is bigger than the top white border but not like the ones Ive seen posted here.
I will try put up pictures.
ThierryHenry
Art Expert

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:34 am

As per FK's email to me, he did not sign the 2nd Edition "Pink Lady". Its just numbered out of 2500.

Anyone have measurements of the pink lady?? Even though FK says its real, Im just paranoid.
Hoping to frame it soon.
evillittlegoat
Art Expert

Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:41 pm

The dimensions of the 2nd edition are the same as the first, 22.5 x 35. Ive seen a few trimmed ones on ebay over the years, yours is more than likely legit.
ThierryHenry
Art Expert

Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:48 pm

evillittlegoat wrote:The dimensions of the 2nd edition are the same as the first, 22.5 x 35. Ive seen a few trimmed ones on ebay over the years, yours is more than likely legit.
Even though its 24" x 30.5"??

I emailed Kozik pics today. He thinks its real, so Im happy enough. Just want to be sure before I frame the thing!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:09 pm

Ever seen one of Kozik's screenprints before? Those colors are hard to mistake.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:26 pm

ThierryHenry wrote:As per FK's email to me, he did not sign the 2nd Edition "Pink Lady". Its just numbered out of 2500.

Anyone have measurements of the pink lady?? Even though FK says its real, Im just paranoid.
Hoping to frame it soon.
Mine is a Second Printing Proof numbered out of 6. And it's signed.
Nothing brings humility like a good ol' shart."
ThierryHenry
Art Expert

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:29 pm

Codeblue wrote:Ever seen one of Kozik's screenprints before? Those colors are hard to mistake.
Not in person.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:32 pm

The ones I've seen are basically nuclear.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ThierryHenry
Art Expert

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:35 pm

Codeblue wrote:The ones I've seen are basically nuclear.
Ha ha. I know what your sayin'. Im just puzzled that the dimensions are supposed to be 22.5" x 35" and mine is 24" x 30.5".

I want to frame the thing but if he says its real, it should be real.
Have you had one before? (Pink)
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:38 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if some were done on different sized papers. From what I can tell it was a bit of a ragtag operation. I don't have this one in pink, but have 2 Kozik posters with pink ink and it's nuclear.
evillittlegoat
Art Expert

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:54 pm

ThierryHenry wrote:
evillittlegoat wrote:The dimensions of the 2nd edition are the same as the first, 22.5 x 35. Ive seen a few trimmed ones on ebay over the years, yours is more than likely legit.
Even though its 24" x 30.5"??

I emailed Kozik pics today. He thinks its real, so Im happy enough. Just want to be sure before I frame the thing!
Strange, mine is 22.5 x 35 with about 4.5 inches of white border at the bottom. It was a huge run though, maybe the paper size varied as Codeblue said.
ThierryHenry
Art Expert

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:12 pm