No Ball Games 09 Banksy

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Danno1
Art Expert

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:12 pm

Dont get me wrong, I was in the lottery, would have scored it in a NYM had I won. I thought Donuts was also a weaker print of his. Maybe I just have a strong bias towards Nola.
stay thirsty my friends
SteveKai
Art Expert

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:13 pm

boatingbenny wrote:
SteveKai wrote:
The more pictures I see of the green the more it makes my stomach churn..it looks like pea soup puke. Glad I have the Grey.
Grey or green, i think anyone who is lucky enough to own either is a happy collector. I got the green, thanks to a thoughtful younger brother who gave it to me for Christmas.
boatingbenny
Art Expert

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:16 pm

Danno1 wrote:Dont get me wrong, I was in the lottery, would have scored it in a NYM had I won. I thought Donuts was also a weaker print of his. Maybe I just have a strong bias towards Nola.
Likewise, I would have snapped up the Green if I had won it. However, between the two the Green would have been the one to go.
AceO
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:57 pm

Arrived in Chicago today!
lalinea
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:53 pm

$$$$ is dropping...............

Sell it while you still can!
I am the origional owner of all my art. It is all stored flat in an archival sleeve. Every print is in mint condition. Shipping to the US is free and UK shipping is $25.
jojobadass
Art God

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:07 pm

nola is the best print he's put out in 2 or 3 years........hands down.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
alwaysalx
Art Expert

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:11 pm

:iagree:
mattlew69
Art Expert

Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:20 pm

i dont know, i really like the statement with donuts. i would say NOLA was second.
Blackheart
Art Expert

Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:24 pm

jojobadass wrote:nola is the best print he's put out in 2 or 3 years........hands down.
Glad i have both!
I have spent 90% of my money on women and wine..........the rest i wasted.
heavyconsumer
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:27 am

jojobadass wrote:nola is the best print he's put out in 2 or 3 years........hands down.

I respect your opinion Jojo, but I never liked the image and it causes no reaction in me. I'd take a signed Trolleys, VLH or NBG over Nola everytime. Oh, and I love the green - it def' makes me think of grass in a park or residential complex, although I'd have been thrilled to bag either colourway. It's totally subjective of course.

Personally I think that the colour version of Trolleys is one of his best looking and most interesting prints to date, but I find Nola dull compared to a lot of his images. Imo NBG is a return to form, as I wasn't hugely keen on Donut (although it is growing on me).
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:33 am

Personal nod goes to Stop & Search... unless that pre-dates your window. I've never found NOLA to be that great of an image, but collectors seem to love it. I think Donuts speaks more to Americans than Brits, so that's my next ISO. Thinking Strawberry... :twisted:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
jojobadass
Art God

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:19 am

yeah, I was speaking back to about morons.

I agree donuts and NOLA are very much american. whereas the rest of the recent releases seem to be UK influenced.

new orleans is a very, very special place to me and my heart.....as it is to a lot of other folks who've been there. And unfortunately, it will never be what it once was after hurricane katrina. I think banksy captured that spirit of the times in a very effective piece shedding light on the tragedy of the situation........not necessarily the hurricane, but the sadness of the aftermath and gov't drymount ups. The devastation was shocking......visiting NOLA after the hurricane made me feel like we just went through the Apocalypse. fudge, half of new orleans' poor still live in houston and probably always will. It was a once great proud city.....now, It has the feeling of a side-show tourist trap.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
Danno1
Art Expert

Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:34 am

The great thing for me with Nola is pretty much just what has been mentioned, its the place and time the image was put out there. It just simply says okay what f else can go wrong now?
stay thirsty my friends
s_k_y
Art Expert

Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:39 am

heavyconsumer wrote:
Personally I think that the colour version of Trolleys is one of his best looking and most interesting prints to date, but I find Nola dull compared to a lot of his images.
For years I was feeling the same way towards the Trolleys, but now have started to lean towards the b/w version of it.

Also, I'm more fond of NOLA so if I'm going to drop that much coin on a signed one, I'd get that and and unsigned b/w Trolleys.

Personally, I like the Grey NBG. Looks much classier framed.
Blackheart
Art Expert

Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:09 am

Got cert today.
I have spent 90% of my money on women and wine..........the rest i wasted.