Cyberman 09 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
boatingbenny
Art Expert

Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:14 pm

Codeblue wrote:
MattStrine wrote:just saying...
Of course ya are, yer making money off it. What will be pimped out next? Inquiring minds want to know.
Last edited by boatingbenny on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jojobadass
Art God

Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:17 pm

MattStrine wrote:Don't like it? Don't buy it. There are plenty of people who are psyched and I recognize that you can't please everyone. Not trying to be a dick, just saying...

Brad, I don't think the criticism is geared toward you. it's pretty simple; people who spent a ton of cash on prints don't like reprints............but, that's not your problem. As time goes by, people forgive and forget..............look at Kozik's NIN or PJ print. No one seems to complain about the art prints generated years later from those classic prints. Granted Kozik didn't make a habit out of the practice. Just brush off the criticism and keep doing what you're doing...............let the artists deal w/ their own decisions.

all that said, I think the puzzles and the other merch you've produced have been nothing but great ideas.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
theomont
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:24 am

As owner of both the BTS and Tool posters I'll say that I don't really care that these images are being reprinted. At first I did. I believe the gig posters are where it's at and I would enjoy a puzzle of both images so I'll go for those. I will probably stay away from the art prints since they are inferior to the gig poster in my opinion. I also believe that any criticism of these prints pointed towards Brad is misdirected. Obviously, Emek is on board with these prints so if you have a problem with this you should probably be pissed at him. After all, he controls the image rights and can do whatever he wants with them. If it weren't for these kind of sales I would never have obtained a version of the MARSians and Peacock prints.
http://theomont.blogspot.com - check it if you get a chance.
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:06 pm

I don't own the original Emek prints so I'll be happy if I'm lucky enough to get a puzzle. I think puzzles are a great idea!
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:15 pm

I can't do jigsaw puzzles to save my life. I hate them.
Can you publish some Emek crosswords? I would destroy a Thursday NYT Emek Crossword.
not dead
walfredo9
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:58 pm

MattStrine wrote:End of the month/beginning of Dec.
Any update with the release date for these prints/puzzles? Anxiously awaiting the chance to buy myself some xmas gifts :D
MattStrine
Art Expert

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:23 pm

We're have a production delay so they will be available after the holidays. Sorry!
McDung
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:26 pm

What's the run on these?
Thanks.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:40 pm

MattStrine wrote:We're have a production delay so they will be available after the holidays. Sorry!
I'm pretty sure everyone's wallet thanks you for the delay.
sonny
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:12 pm

electrachrome wrote:
MattStrine wrote:We're have a production delay so they will be available after the holidays. Sorry!
I'm pretty sure everyone's wallet thanks you for the delay.
exactly...after the holidays is fine by me!
walfredo9
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:47 am

No worries. Thanks for the update.
ill
Art Expert

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:49 am

Forgive me for not reading an entire thread, but does anyone else think that these really aren't as good with the loss of all the negative space? I really thought that added a lot to the impact of the cyberman, given his expression.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:54 am

Yes.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
s_k_y
Art Expert

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:51 am

ill wrote:Forgive me for not reading an entire thread, but does anyone else think that these really aren't as good with the loss of all the negative space? I really thought that added a lot to the impact of the cyberman, given his expression.
agreed.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:06 pm

ill wrote:Forgive me for not reading an entire thread, but does anyone else think that these really aren't as good with the loss of all the negative space? I really thought that added a lot to the impact of the cyberman, given his expression.
Yup.