No Ball Games 09 Banksy

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:12 am

This topic is dedicated to: No Ball Games 09 Banksy

downtown
Art Expert

Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:14 am

I like Banksy but this one is :|
optimusGRRR
Art Expert

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:30 am

Anyone know the release date on this? I know the lottery ends Sunday, but I don't know when they're notifying winners with the 48 notice.
eschiff
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:18 pm

not sure, but living in london the print goes on sale in store at 11am on saturday, will be there to scoop up the grey one which i think is much nicer than the green.
evdisease
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:27 pm

the little boy vs little girl dynamic is starting to be used more and more (Above, FAKE, Mr. Smith, Banksy.....)

I`m nobody, I never did an exposition and a gallery really, I never show any work anywhere and I`m doing this big show and it`s all a make up kinda way you know....
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:49 pm

The grey edition being sold tomorrow morn in the UK is an edition of 250 with only 230 being sold tomorrow. The print will be sold for 450 GBP. No info on the dimensions of the print. And no info on the green, but I am guessing it will be the same run, price, and sized print.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:52 pm

downtown wrote:I like Banksy but this one is :|
It's growing on me and I know that it would look SWEET framed up with J&J in the vicinity. I get lucky w/ the lotto, I buy. No brainer.
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
rssesq
Art Expert

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:20 pm

comountaingolf wrote:
downtown wrote:I like Banksy but this one is :|
It's growing on me and I know that it would look SWEET framed up with J&J in the vicinity. I get lucky w/ the lotto, I buy. No brainer.
Flimby

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:32 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:The grey edition being sold tomorrow morn in the UK is an edition of 250 with only 230 being sold tomorrow. The print will be sold for 450 GBP. No info on the dimensions of the print. And no info on the green, but I am guessing it will be the same run, price, and sized print.

thanks for the info
SteveKai
Art Expert

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:40 pm

eschiff wrote:not sure, but living in london the print goes on sale in store at 11am on saturday, will be there to scoop up the grey one which i think is much nicer than the green.
You'd better get over there right now. Last i heard via the banksy forums there were over 250 people in line, meaning some standing in the -2 degree weather aren't even going to get one. POW has already handed out tickets to the people in line. Not sure if they're giving out anymore.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:03 pm

SteveKai wrote:
eschiff wrote:not sure, but living in london the print goes on sale in store at 11am on saturday, will be there to scoop up the grey one which i think is much nicer than the green.
You'd better get over there right now. Last i heard via the banksy forums there were over 250 people in line, meaning some standing in the -2 degree weather aren't even going to get one. POW has already handed out tickets to the people in line. Not sure if they're giving out anymore.
I was following that pretty much all day over at Banksy... 1st guy in line posted up in a tent, line snaking around the block, sidewalk packed... BRILLIANT marketing for letting people know about the new POW location. It will be on every newscast, newspaper, radio, etc... and it's supposed to get COLD tonight, too... hope peeps dressed for the occasion :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
SteveKai
Art Expert

Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:28 am

comountaingolf wrote:
SteveKai wrote:
I was following that pretty much all day over at Banksy... 1st guy in line posted up in a tent, line snaking around the block, sidewalk packed... BRILLIANT marketing for letting people know about the new POW location. It will be on every newscast, newspaper, radio, etc... and it's supposed to get COLD tonight, too... hope peeps dressed for the occasion :lol:
A lot of people have more time than money, at the moment, i'm one of them.
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:42 am

Looks like these are 67cm x 70cm.

Here's a pic of some info:
Stingers
Art Expert

Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:08 am

I went past POW in a cab about ten o'clock last night and the queue was ridiculous even then , it was like a shanty town leading to the door with cardboard, tents and sleeping bags all over the place .
kevkevkev
Art Expert

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:08 am

i could have done it. but i didnt want this to be my first banksy. i hope they do this again but it's kind of wrong to do it in december! too frigging cold.