Jane Doe 04 Bannon

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Flimby

Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:42 pm

mcnail wrote:
Flimby wrote:thanks mcnail, added here

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/52097
Looking good. Also, the OG price was $35 and it is a silkscreen, you still have it in as a giclee.
fixified
palebird
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:04 pm

Got mine today. They look great.
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:33 am

palebird wrote:Got mine today. They look great.
wish i felt the same. I got mine today, it was sitting at the post office for 2 days.

I don't think this print turned out good. Despite being printed at Burlesque it just doesn't look good to me. I think a lot has to do with the size, the image looks likes its been enlarged too much.

was really excited to get this one being a big converge fan, and liking this art work since jane doe was released, but after opening it today... blah.

also doesn't help that the seller on ebay didn't disclose that it had marks in the black areas on the face. is ebay usre hitmewithposters on this forum?
haven
Art Expert

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:04 am

There is a hitmewithposters on this forum but it's a different person than your ebay seller. The ebay hitme took that user name in a fit of petty childishness.
cernoch
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:56 pm

BlakeAronson wrote:
it had marks in the black areas on the face
I found a way to get rid of those marks...
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:14 pm

cernoch wrote:
BlakeAronson wrote:
care to share?
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:30 pm

large areas of black ink are notoriously prone to scuffing. its seriously unavoidable, its just how black waterbased ink is. they havent developed (but are working on) black inks that dont scuff to some degree. you can just use a really soft cloth, like a camera lens cloth, and very very lightly buff it out. if its just a scuff, this will work. i have to do this to prints all the time so i don't get angry emails from people who consider it a major flaw.
artoholic
Art Expert

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:19 pm

danieldanger wrote:large areas of black ink are notoriously prone to scuffing. its seriously unavoidable, its just how black waterbased ink is. they havent developed (but are working on) black inks that dont scuff to some degree. you can just use a really soft cloth, like a camera lens cloth, and very very lightly buff it out. if its just a scuff, this will work. i have to do this to prints all the time so i don't get angry emails from people who consider it a major flaw.
Do you collect posters by any chance?
I love your art :D
"Selling my stories to the violent and perverted, all eyes are on me and I don't deserve it
Nothing to do, except I guess to play blues, sleep in my car, I’m yesterdays news"

~ Richard Terfry aka Buck 65

http://www.myspace.com/bikeforthree
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:47 pm

i have more posters than id ever know what to do with. its total madness.
cernoch
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:47 pm

BlakeAronson wrote:
cernoch wrote:
BlakeAronson wrote:
care to share?
I was unwrapping a cheap from Michael's, I used the thin plastic that covered it to buff out the marks, to my surprise, it worked better that expected...
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:06 am

wow did anyone see the explosion on ebay?

two sold for $300, and quite a few in the $200 range. Looks like the price issettling down to $150+ now. Had I caught it when they were going at $300 I would have thrown my copy up being that I wasn't impressed with how the image turned out this large. but for $150 I think I'll keep it, still deciding if I want to frame it or get rid of it. I think this would have turned out much better if it was say 18x24"
palehighway

Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:06 pm

edit
Last edited by palehighway on Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coxgt
Art Expert

Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:31 pm

This silkscreen is fukkin awesome!!
Huge and kickass! :rock: :rock:
NEVER DEAL WITH TOM MINARCHICK!(aka, fuedalist_tart on EBAY. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST.PM IF YOU NEED DETAILS.
Codeblue wrote:Taper has finally jumped the shark.
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:46 pm

did anyone else see this???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0143689191

$455!!!!

i might just have to part with mine!
woodensoul777
New User

Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:56 pm

palehighway wrote:and i just received my replacement for this because UPS tried their best to make my poster tube two dimensional. Replacement shipped USPS, arrived perfectly.
same thing happened to me! UPS SUCKS!! i was so pissed off when i got the poster tube and it was all smashed up. anyway, deathwish was super cool about it and shipped me a new one right away. janell is the best. anyway, from this day forward i'll be going with USPS every time. i just ordered the newest bannon print off of deathwish shipped via USPS and it arrived in PERFECT shape.