What is the poster/print you most regret trading/selling?

General art-related discussion.
franklinstowr
Flipper

Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:35 pm

looking back should have held onto this one and had it restored, as it was pretty beat up. hindsight is 20/20

stsmytherie
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:48 pm

bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:40 pm

rather odd and long story. I bought one before it skyrocketed in value. Absolutely loved it. But when an opportunity arose to trade this and a bit of cash for Emek's BTS robot, I hopped on it. I love the Emek BTS robot. Probably my favorite emek print. But I still missed the little foil handbill. So I bought one again, this time for substantially more. I kept it and even decided to add another foil, the green foil handbill. Then I got into McCarthy's. Sold the green foil handbill to help fund 1/2 of my Don Stepped Outside. Absolutely no regrets, since DSO is my favorite/best print I own. By then I was hooked on mccarthy's, and a few months later, sold the foil handbill. It just didn't fit with anything I owned anymore, and I was trying to move my collection away from skulls/skeletons. In the end, selling it helped offset the cost of my Long Quiet Life purchase.

I still miss the foil handbill. It was/is an iconic emek image, and the foil was absolutely fantastic/perfect for this piece. I don't feel bad since the last one I sold went to the best person I've ever dealt with on here, and he promptly hung it in his office where he can see it practically everyday. But I still miss watching it glisten in the light...If it was cheap, I'd happily have one just to pull out and stare. But I doubt I would hang it up again, so its not worth chasing or spending hundreds.

I will happily remember it as my lucky charm: :groucho:
1 helped fund Don Stepped Outside
1 helped fund Long Quiet Life
1 was put towards an Emek BTS robot

all killer posters if you're fortunate to see them/own them :clap:
ISO mccarthy ''the white tree' #6 and #10 canvases, or Clonal Colony aurora variant
aahnutz
EB Team

Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:58 pm

Sold it for $150 two and a half years ago. Didn't think I'd ever frame it. I'm dumb.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
blazedoutbee
Art Expert

Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:36 pm

aahnutz wrote:Image

Sold it for $150 two and a half years ago. Didn't think I'd ever frame it. I'm dumb.

you are not dumb Lorraine, shortybunchumps sold one for $80...
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:43 pm

Even though I got ultra-top dollar for them when I sold them and still own one Wayne Coyne print, I still wish I owned these four masterpiece messes.

Nothing brings humility like a good ol' shart."
markforsman
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:56 am

I know that this one doesn't run for too much, but i gave it to a really good friend for her bithday. She loved it, and then she went on vacation.

While she was gone, her little brother took the rolled kraft paper (print still in it) and used it as a torch while playing with his friend in the backyard. :hanging:
tailsandfeathers
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:58 am

blazedoutbee wrote:
aahnutz wrote:Image

you are not dumb Lorraine, shortybunchumps sold one for $80...

I think I sold mine for $50. I emailed Letta and asked if she knew of anyone looking for one. Didn't feel right making money on something that was done for charity
haven
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:59 am

I occasionally regret selling this one. But I needed the money, so what are you going to do?

ricv64
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:10 am

traded this one to a friend but sometimes i miss it
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
kyle
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:55 am

i also let go of this beauty in a trade and miss her... but its cool.

and this one is about to be shipped out.... :( i will be drinking away the regret tonight.
Codeblue wrote:Hork is God, Jesus, the 12 disciples, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny all rolled into one beautiful lanky package.
morecoffee
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:02 pm

I think that this was the first poster I ever bought for myself directly from Emek. I recently donated it for a charity auction. I have a lot of the handbills framed and stuff and I thought I could part with the poster to help a good cause. I missed the poster as soon as I mailed it out. After I saw it listed on Ebay, I watched it, won it back, and returned it to my portfolio. :)

I sold this one to help pay for my 10KL twilight poster. It arrived over seas and then the buyer listed it here for trade/sale. I contacted him and bought it back right away.

Those two stand out for me and fortunately I was able to get both of them back. They aren't the only ones I've replaced either.
I try not to look back on anything I've traded or sold because I'm sure I would regret everything.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:35 pm

kyle wrote:i also let go of this beauty in a trade and miss her... but its cool.

you complete me.
erba
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:46 pm

morecoffee wrote:Image

I think that this was the first poster I ever bought for myself directly from Emek. I recently donated it for a charity auction. I have a lot of the handbills framed and stuff and I thought I could part with the poster to help a good cause. I missed the poster as soon as I mailed it out. After I saw it listed on Ebay, I watched it, won it back, and returned it to my portfolio. :)
And I can't thank you enough for it

Mine wasn't a huge one or big money one, but I had a bitch of a time finding another. To this day it's the only poster I ever sold and then bought another to replace it.

mattlew69
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:53 pm

Thanks for the responses everyone!!!!

Man, some people lost some good ones.

I yet to buy back a poster that I have sold or traded. There are a few I want to buy back, but I cant afford it. :P