Phish Joy Box 09

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
JJstarlight
Art Enthusiast

Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:28 pm

cool. any details on who the poster artist(s) may be?
bluejeans29
Art Enthusiast

Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:14 pm

the link is not having anything available?????????
carljwiii
Art Expert

Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:34 pm

wtf!!!?
I am a Rhinoceros and my skin is 2 feet thick
spirit123ed
Art Enthusiast

Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:41 pm

Hi,
I don't want to sound like a know it all, but I just talked to someone from Dry Goods and they asked me to post on here saying to please not buy the box now and that refunds will be sent out--they don't know when this will go up for sale yet.

Sorry to say, just trying to save people from future aggravation.

Ron
T-Dub13
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:33 pm

spirit123ed wrote:Hi,
I don't want to sound like a know it all, but I just talked to someone from Dry Goods and they asked me to post on here saying to please not buy the box now and that refunds will be sent out--they don't know when this will go up for sale yet.

Ron

Thats strange because I already have 2 emails to confirm my order from drygoods. Did they say when they would start refunding orders? Seems like a big mess...Gotta love music today!
1strowcenter
Art Enthusiast

Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:55 pm

11pm east coast time it is not up. it says limeted edition posters, gotta be on top of this release!!!
Looking for NYE 97 Lesser
spirit123ed
Art Enthusiast

Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:42 pm

T-Dub13 wrote:
spirit123ed wrote:Hi,

Ron

Thats strange because I already have 2 emails to confirm my order from drygoods. Did they say when they would start refunding orders? Seems like a big mess...Gotta love music today!
For everyone that bought one, I HOPE that the orders go through. She was very nice, but she didn't really tell me much except the orders would be refunded and that they were not sure when it was going to be released.
downtown
Art Expert

Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:32 am

Such a strange design overall. What does it suggest ? A pill box ?
It's so anonymous.
Slick, pop modern ?. What does any of this years art direction have to do with their music ?
Maybe that's what they are going for. It's hard to imagine anything else after seeing it. Such a departure from a Pollock design.
I'm curious about the posters inside though. Glossy printing for sure. Folded in quarters . ? Slick/digital ? Sort of vague.
:?
birdwell
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:11 am

MTV !
Rainbows & Butterflies
sciguru
Art Enthusiast

Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:05 pm

downtown wrote:Such a strange design overall. What does it suggest ? A pill box ?
It's so anonymous.
Slick, pop modern ?. What does any of this years art direction have to do with their music ?
Maybe that's what they are going for. It's hard to imagine anything else after seeing it. Such a departure from a Pollock design.
I'm curious about the posters inside though. Glossy printing for sure. Folded in quarters . ? Slick/digital ? Sort of vague.
It suggests a box of phish joy. A pill box?? Only if put pills in it.
downtown
Art Expert

Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:50 pm

sciguru wrote:
downtown wrote:Such a strange design overall. What does it suggest ? A pill box ?
It's so anonymous.
It suggests a box of phish joy. A pill box?? Only if put pills in it.
The more I see it the more I get it. Its like a Tv set with star dust.
s_k_y
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:10 am

I wouldn't be surprised if it's "limited" to 10,000.

Remember folks, it's Phi$h.inc

Why stop at 1,000 when they could sell 5k, if not more?
sciguru
Art Enthusiast

Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:23 pm

s_k_y wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if it's "limited" to 10,000.

You're funny...Can you name another Sell Out Rock and Roll Band that you you can get a front row seat to see live for less than $60? Not to mention that they let fans tape their shows...
piomba
Art Expert

Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:58 pm

sciguru wrote:
s_k_y wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if it's "limited" to 10,000.

You're funny...Can you name another Sell Out Rock and Roll Band that you you can get a front row seat to see live for less than $60? Not to mention that they let fans tape their shows...
Pearl Jam! (tickets are close to $60)
stonewastheproblem
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:01 pm

Pearl Jam is actually closer to $80 a ticket.