All Points West Jersey City 09 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
crewof21
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:23 pm

YellowBedwetter wrote:
drewdive wrote:Btw....forgot to mention that the "night" version is also embossed.
I got the only skull doodled copy from the 1st Edition or Night Edition to my knowledge; I was working the Main Merch Tent @ APW all weekend and was lucky enough to find a Night Edition with a doodle on it. I was completely baffled and still in shock, not sure what the significance of #40 is with EMEK but my poster has 4 sharp corners, #'d, signed, embossed, and doodled. When we did inventory this morning at 12:30am, I checked the remaining 175 1st editions and 38 Night editions for a doodle and none could be found so i'm pretty stoked...will try and post pics later

Hi there, just to add...I got number 77 of the night edition early on Friday and it also had a Skull doodle just to the left of the EMEK signature and the skull is looking away from the signature. I actually rented one of their big lockers there and the tube fit just perfect. (at least I didn't have to worry about the rain or mud) Just curious, how many doodles does he typically do in a run?
aahnutz
EB Team

Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:58 pm

EMEK is anything but typical.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:53 pm

it is laughable that last year's print is still available and they have not marked it down in price yet

soon to be joined by another
mmmm Beer :pint:
thebends9
Art Expert

Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:36 pm

Kdh12 wrote:it is laughable that last year's print is still available and they have not marked it down in price yet

soon to be joined by another
Good point, especially since they mark them down the last night of the festival.
drewdive
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:01 am

i saw another doodled night edition but someone spilled a drink on the back and it was in bad shape. so, it sounds like there were two doodles....and, the one i saw was the standard emek doodle...nothing unique.

and, that is total bullsh that they dropped the price on sunday. had i known they were going to play that game, i would have waited to buy mine (i did so on sat b/c it was dry).

well, good thing i charged it to AmEx. maybe they will support me on this.

even though the weather was bloody murder, the fest was awesome. the music was even better than last year, imo.
fredo
Art God

Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:39 am

Last edited by fredo on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
just a foil for me today, thanks
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:39 am

Bad boys, bad boys- what ya going to do

Bad boys, bad boys, what he going to do once the half price failips start !! :lol:
YellowBedwetter
Art Expert

Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:37 am

crewof21 wrote:
YellowBedwetter wrote:
drewdive wrote:Btw....forgot to mention that the "night" version is also embossed.
I got the only skull doodled copy from the 1st Edition or Night Edition to my knowledge; I was working the Main Merch Tent @ APW all weekend and was lucky enough to find a Night Edition with a doodle on it. I was completely baffled and still in shock, not sure what the significance of #40 is with EMEK but my poster has 4 sharp corners, #'d, signed, embossed, and doodled. When we did inventory this morning at 12:30am, I checked the remaining 175 1st editions and 38 Night editions for a doodle and none could be found so i'm pretty stoked...will try and post pics later

Hi there, just to add...I got number 77 of the night edition early on Friday and it also had a Skull doodle just to the left of the EMEK signature and the skull is looking away from the signature. I actually rented one of their big lockers there and the tube fit just perfect. (at least I didn't have to worry about the rain or mud) Just curious, how many doodles does he typically do in a run?
ok...ya mine was the same way...bummer...i thought i had a 1/1. You just had the skull, right? No musical note or flower or anything coming out of its head like on other prints?
crewof21
Art Enthusiast

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:36 pm

YellowBedwetter wrote:
crewof21 wrote:
YellowBedwetter wrote:

ok...ya mine was the same way...bummer...i thought i had a 1/1. You just had the skull, right? No musical note or flower or anything coming out of its head like on other prints?
Yeah, just the skull...no other doodles.
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:35 pm

In the unequivocal words of Marlin T. "Ren" Höek (August 11, 1991 – November 14, 1996) of popular television acclaim - "Its Hee-dee-uss!"
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
YellowBedwetter
Art Expert

Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:15 pm

removed.
Last edited by YellowBedwetter on Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jojobadass
Art God

Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:20 pm

It's that damn Julia!!
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
YellowBedwetter
Art Expert

Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:24 pm

jojobadass wrote:It's that damn Julia!!
idk who it was but i just asked the automators to take the email correspondence down...i apologized to the real EMEK and whether he was the first person that responded or not i hope we resolved the issue b/c i would hate for this to ruin my poster-buying relationship w/EMEK.

YB
pewter14
EB Team

Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:25 pm

YellowBedwetter wrote: ...

mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:29 pm

Soundslike somebody should STFU before its the last emek they ever buy.......

How could anyone think they could get 1/1 for a simple dodle!