Official Mr. Brainwash Conspiracy Thread

General art-related discussion.
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:25 am

I bet those guys got a lot of poontang.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
waxenpi
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:12 pm

bandana wrote:
waxenpi wrote:
bandana wrote:A rehash! Complete disrespect for those who have bought the larger versions. Plus a rehash of the Soup Spray Cans.
This is obviously an experiment of how much people can take until they say enough taking the piss!
A greedy pig! I wouldn't be surprised if the people behind Brainwash used to work for Bear Sterns and Lehmans! :hanging:
disrespect to those that bought the larger version? do you have no brains at all? releasing an edition of this size of the same print only raises the value of the larger prints in the smaller edition. Fairey used to do large sized prints in editions of 50, then he later went back and re-did those prints alot smaller in editions of 500 to supply the demand. The value of the original 50 goes way up when this type of thing happens...
Sorry! I can't wait for Banksy to do smaller versions of his Kate prints in larger editions of 500 and watch the original version skyrocket in value! :roll:
Yes, if they were much smaller in size i'm sure that would happen. for a collector, the smaller cheaper flooded version only becomes a postcard for the bigger better more rare initial version. The biggest difference here is that the large original tomato spray's brainwash did were released in editions of only 15 I think...
KNEEL13
EB Team

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:58 pm

Just curious... Has anyone received their first issue of Artworks Magazine that is supposed to come with the purchase of the "Legend" print?
dwlfennell
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:13 pm

KNEEL13 wrote:Just curious... Has anyone received their first issue of Artworks Magazine that is supposed to come with the purchase of the "Legend" print?
Nothing here yet. I thought they would have started us off with the MBW issue.
alwaysalx
Art Expert

Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:14 pm

me neither!!

and i emailed them and i received no refund because i live in canada!

WTF?
KNEEL13
EB Team

Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:21 pm

I just emailed them about my shipping refund on the Legend print and got it in 7 minutes from sending the email... that was a quick response. I asked about the Artworks Magazine in the same email, so hopefully I will hear about that soon? At the Artworks Magazine website, http://artworksmagazine.com/ , it is called the summer issue, so maybe the MBW issue will still be coming?
KNEEL13
EB Team

Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:34 pm

dwlfennell wrote:
KNEEL13 wrote:Just curious... Has anyone received their first issue of Artworks Magazine that is supposed to come with the purchase of the "Legend" print?
I called the magazine myself and they said the first magazine we will be receiving will be the fall issue. So I guess if you want the MBW issue you will have to run to the book store or newsstand.
dangerboy
Flipper

Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:04 pm

KNEEL13 wrote:
dwlfennell wrote:
I called the magazine myself and they said the first magazine we will be receiving will be the fall issue. So I guess if you want the MBW issue you will have to run to the book store or newsstand.

uh, wasn't that kinda the whole drymountin point? to get the mbw issue?
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
dwlfennell
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:25 pm

KNEEL13 wrote:I called the magazine myself and they said the first magazine we will be receiving will be the fall issue. So I guess if you want the MBW issue you will have to run to the book store or newsstand.
Lame...but thanks for the info.
derek
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:28 pm

KNEEL13 wrote:
dwlfennell wrote:
I gave it a look when I was at Borders. Was actually a pretty decent article on Brainwash.
dwlfennell
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:46 pm

New one...pricey one... http://mrbrainwash.com/buy/maxspray.html

Five color screen print on hand torn textured archival art paper. Each print individually hand finished with spray paint, and unique. Signed and numbered, with thumb print on the back. Edition of 75. 40 available. This print will also be available at Mr. Brainwash's London solo show this year. Limit 1 per person.

Size: 38in. x 18in.

Price: $450
mattlew69
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:48 pm

:shock: cool, but not THAT cool.
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:23 pm

damn I would like to own that.... but not for that much.....
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:27 pm

GR8Dane wrote:damn I would like to own that.... but not for that much.....
dangerboy
Flipper

Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:35 pm

damn
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.