Jeff Soto's Tiny Showcase Print

General art-related discussion.
alwaysalx
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:05 pm

+1

:)

awesome print!!!
i was watching the ticker and someone stocked up and bought a fudge load of these prints in one transaction!

hmmmm
8)
sabotage
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:10 pm

did anyone get an actual confirmation?
dr_flie
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:14 pm

After the paypal confirmation screen, i got redirected to a screen which thanked me for my order. Not sure if that counts.. Regardless, they've got my order in their system (along with all past ones I've made) so no reason to believe it didn't go through.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:15 pm

Got the paypal receipt, checked my order status and it said "awaiting delivery" or whatever, and no refund after 4 hours, so that oughta do.

Thanks to the heads-upper for an awesome heads-up.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
byc101
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:32 am

This was posted on OMG Posters.

Jeff Soto, on July 8th, 2009 at 2:36 am Said:
You guys are the best…TS told me the print sold in minutes. Thanks all for the support! There was one problem, I hope people are okay with how I am working things out- http://jeffsotoart.blogspot.com/2009/07 ... print.html
-Jeff

They were oversold by at least 100. And I'm happy with Soto's decision.
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:37 am

From Jeff
Thanks to all who purchased my print yesterday from Tiny Showcase. Apparently, it was a record breaking night at TS and my print sold out in minutes! I guess it made some problems too...

I was told it lagged their server pretty bad and there was a problem with Paypal- from what I understand the print isn't reduced from the total edition until the transaction is complete, so sometimes with a fast selling print, people will add the last print at the same time and then they can ALL buy the last print, as they are all doing it at the same time. Basically what happened is the print somehow oversold by 100 in the one or two minutes it was available. They are not sure if it was a glitch in the Paypal system or what, but there were 300 sold plus or minus a few.

So I had to make a tough decision- have TS refund payment to 100 of my fans, or make the print an edition of 300 to ensure everyone gets one? I thought about it all night, and I think the best thing to do is make it a larger edition ensuring no one's disappointed. To those who are bummed about buying a larger edition, let TS know and they can refund your money- there are still many who did not get one. I'd like to do another print with Tiny Showcase, and we will come up with a better system to keep the numbers accurate from the get go.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the support, I feel the love from you guys. Sorry for the glitch, and let me know your thoughts...
piomba
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:04 am

solid move by Soto.
haven
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:22 am

piomba wrote:solid move by Soto.

Yep. Who cares if there's 300 instead of 200.
piomba
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:32 am

haven wrote:

In certain situations I could see this being an issue but we're talking about a 5x5 digital print with a portion of the profits going to charity.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:11 am

haven wrote:

I am fine with a 300 run, as long as more $ goes to charity. :wink: :wink: :wink:

I hear a rumor that these are signed. Can anyone confirm?
hillsj2001
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:20 am

mattlew69 wrote:
haven wrote:

I am fine with a 300 run, as long as more $ goes to charity. :wink: :wink: :wink:

I hear a rumor that these are signed. Can anyone confirm?
that would be great...kehoe's last was s/n on the reverse side
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:13 pm

Refund 100 people. Give them first crack at the next Soto Tiny Showcase print. The run shouldn't be increased just because the cart system sucks. If it oversold by 300 would they increase the run to 500? What about 1000.....
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
phishbeatles
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:30 pm

mistersmith wrote:Got one...hopefully this time the post office doesn't MIA it, last time it never showed...only piece of mail I've ever lost (far as I know, I guess...).
Yeah same here with the Keyes, coincidence? Not sure, they kept telling me oh just wait it will show up just wait, or it will be returned to us if we messed up the address. Never showed up and they would not give me a refund even though they could not prove they actually shipped it. I kept giving them the benefit of the doubt, which was stupid, because by the time I gave up on them I couldn't file a paypal claim as it had been to late. Needless to say I haven't ordered from them again. It's pretty sad when a company would rather lose a customer than refund someone 20 bux or send them another one.

Anyhow, kinda divided on this about increasing the edition, it is for charity, but from my understanding they are only giving a certain amount to charity correct? And it's not based on a percentage only an actual amount. So if the edition is increased that doesn't mean more will be given to charity, unless they decide to do that, which I don't think I have seen a mention of that.
"thanks for doing that for us slow people!!" Jojodumbass
s_k_y
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:56 pm

^ I think you are correct that a set amount goes to charity (in this case $250). Whether or not they increase that amount remains to be seen.

For the sake of debate, as far as 'first crack at the next print' idea, what if those people don't LIKE the next print? I'm sure most people would buy it regardless but his last show did have some prints released that were kinda 'meh'. just sayin.

The numbers jumped from ~80 to ~170 in ONE lag free refresh that I did last night. So either the system all of a sudden caught up OR someone has ~90 of these. If it's the latter then I would hope that TS would contact that person before deciding to increase the run by 100.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:03 pm

s_k_y wrote:The numbers jumped from ~80 to ~170 in ONE lag free refresh that I did last night. So either the system all of a sudden caught up OR someone has ~90 of these. If it's the latter then I would hope that TS would contact that person before deciding to increase the run by 100.

Thats true. I would hate to see someone sitting on 80 of these to resell on ebay.

The higher profile artist should also have a per household limit. I think TS should have a limit of 2.