Rothbury Festival 09 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
pspelmo
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:49 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:They in fact were NOT sold in order

And I believe any doodled ones were removed which I didn't like even though I don't know for sure

What I do know is....I heard a merch person say for an extra 25 they could find one.....

thats. super. ghey.

the extra 25 dollars that is. not the earlier part of your story.
timothyripley
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:29 pm

They still had the emek up at the merch booth sunday night, I assumed they did not sell out.
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:33 pm

I do know all the doodled ones were picked out last year by the time I got there on the first day. The merchbooth dewd wanted me to tip him (5 dollars) for walking over and picking up my 85 dollar poster. That wasn't even for a doodled one ! ! !

Tip him! He didn't print the f'n thing...he didn't have to mix or pour anything...he didn't have to answer any questions...he just had to fingerbang the poster pile before anyone arrived! I'd rather take my chances of getting one through Emek's site....which I've yet to do...then to deal with dirtball merchpervs at these festies. (Oh, and I see one of all our favorite sellers sold the #420 doodled on ebay for below face of last year's Rothbury because it was torn...TORN! WTF?)

If merchperv didn't like his job...why'd he sign on?! I really like Emek's prints, he's a fine human being, his skills are maddening...the Rothbury Festival is absolutely awesome....the sales of these prints is J A C K E D U P.

That being said, I really love this poster and I hope someday to get my hands on one. I'd prefer getting one where I know some twisted merchbag didn't mishandle it and place their bad moo-jew all over it.

I've worked all kinds of mercahndising and retail most my life...I've never known anyone to stoop to such lousy lows.
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:47 pm

Don't deal with trash- come to the grateful family

Pm sent
gonzo303
Art Freak

Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:33 pm

got mine and im completely satisfied with it minus the price! but ROTHBURY all around was worth every penny i spent!
Same fudge, different drop.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:38 pm

gonzo303 wrote:got mine and im completely satisfied with it minus the price! but ROTHBURY all around was worth every penny i spent!
Gonzo, how was Dylan?

Reflecting on that question I am a bit disappointed that no one has commented on the Dead show or listed the set list... coleslaw.. you on strike? ha ha - loved the show.

WAY better than Chicago- can't even compare.

No top 40 hits..... heart felt, it just flowed............ like to hear anyones opinion of their favorite song that night.
MattStrine
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:11 pm

Did they have a top 40 hit other than Touch of Grey?
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:14 pm

MattStrine wrote:Did they have a top 40 hit other than Touch of Grey?
The exact answer would be: no

I guess I meant the few songs that have been played on normal radio stations- even though Sugar Magnolia might count in that regard. No complaints with ever hearing Sugar Mag though-

Morning Dew !! yea baby..... Morning Dew
ScooterfromTN
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:30 pm

Im pretty sure they were sold in the order minus maybe the doodled ones. I got number 202 on thursday, and the guy right before me got 200 and 201. Why does the doodled ones get pulled out and where do they go? Can you preorder one from the artist before the show? I hit burwell up after roo and he didnt have any for sale. So i didnt want to wait on this one. I would actually rather purchase from the artist if at all possible, but dont want to miss out.

The Dead set was awesome by the way. I was actually phil side about 20 feet from the stage through both sets. I actually thought one more saturday night would be the encore, but they played it through the set. I had the time of my life. Fireworks were a nice touch. Even though i couldnt see them hardly at all. I actually made the mistake of going that deep into the crowd with no drink. So i about thirst to death by the end of the set, but still had a blast.
blazedoutbee
Art Expert

Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:49 pm

so none of these at the festival were doodled? someone had to have gotten one... :!:

big shout out to Mr. grateful :D
jojobadass
Art God

Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:03 pm

I find it hard to believe that truckin', sugar mags, or uncle johns band were not top 40 hits.

fudge, the entire american beauty album was full of pop tunes.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:20 pm

jojobadass wrote:
I find it hard to believe that truckin', sugar mags, or uncle johns band were not top 40 hits.

fudge, the entire american beauty album was full of pop tunes.
Check it out JoJo- unique fact about Touch of Grey, I double checked myself afterwards due to not wanting to give any misinformation out to Masterstrine
franklinstowr
Flipper

Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:16 pm

Anyone notice EMEK's nod to Bob Dylan via way of Milton Glaser on the stern of the ship?
Icetoad
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:17 am

Somewhat newb to the poster scene here. What do you guys mean by a doodled print?
jojobadass
Art God

Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:20 am

it's remarqued
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com