The King of Pop 09 Mr Brainwash

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
ricv64
Art Expert

Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:50 am

derek wrote:
jenga wrote:Shitty Ambulance chasing photoshop crap. MBW should Use the $$ made from prints to go to art college.
Why take $$ to go to art college, when it's his business prowess that makes him who he is. His moniker says it all.
I'll admit it with you: "I wish I'd have thought of this genius scheme first."

business prowess ? he had money before , he must be burning up through that . what about the money he spent on his grafitti movie ? kozik would probaly be the better example for business prowess
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
Imatruck
Art Expert

Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:06 am

I think it's all a hoax. The 50 nights in London will still go on.
alwaysalx
Art Expert

Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:05 pm

bloodthrust wrote:
dangerboy wrote:i don't get the overt hate. so, you don't like it. ok. fine. i'm not trying to convince you it's the mona lisa, but why the need to go into a thread about a print and fudge on it? i don't feel motivated to fudge on every stupid fairey print i skip.....
So the only "art comments" posts I can make I have to be slobbing on the crap I like? Seriously?
FREEDOM OF SPEECH! This is a fugly print, horrible composition! camera angle all wrong from original image

i wouldn't wipe my ass with this print, by far the second worst release from mbw (worst = surreal!!!!!)

this fudge is getting old, get back to bistro, 33rd st, pollock - real artistry!

not this steal a photo and do a cheesy one colour screenprint with some pre-schooler paint splats and make $25,000 a day

i swear he is f**king with us and it will all be exposed in his movie showing how impressionable our precious pretentious art scene is

one day he will laugh at us all on screen, when his movie is ever be done!

and we will laugh with him

:) hahaha

i love the legend i bought, the dark brown is STUNNING with the gold/silver splashes

BY FAR ONE OF THE BEST COLOUR COMBOS OFFERED (pink is bangin' too)

:clap:
Last edited by alwaysalx on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alwaysalx
Art Expert

Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:09 pm

thurthermore:

word is they did another autopsy on Michael

they found he had so much cosmetic surgery that he was 80% plastic

the family has decided to melt him down and make Lego out of him

so little boys can finally get a chance to play with him

haha :) :lol:
BWarn
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:46 pm

bloodthrust wrote:
dangerboy wrote:i don't get the overt hate. so, you don't like it. ok. fine. i'm not trying to convince you it's the mona lisa, but why the need to go into a thread about a print and fudge on it? i don't feel motivated to fudge on every stupid fairey print i skip.....
So the only "art comments" posts I can make I have to be slobbing on the crap I like? Seriously?
Not at all, but in what way did this comment add to the discussion:

"This guy needs a studio to produce this fudge?"

Or was it that you wanted to make sure everyone knew yet again that you don't like his stuff? I think most people get it, you hate his stuff, stfu about it already.
lovemonkey
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:18 pm

haha.. this pop culture formula "poster art" fudge is drymountin funny.
carljwiii
Art Expert

Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:46 pm

i love mbw's work but this is crap. Look at the lettering, it's hard to make something look that bad and out of place. pictures terrible as well. the pepsi hair on fire photo would have been better. this print really makes me think this is all a hoax which is too bad

33rd street= a :clap:
le bistro = b :D
love is the answer= b :pint:
ali= a :notworthy:
1st stones london b+ :lol:
kobe -b depending on taste for the subject :pint:
stairway- well see- hasnt arrived yet :clap:
yes we can b /-b+ :D
jacko- f- :oops: :hanging: :hanging:
I am a Rhinoceros and my skin is 2 feet thick
Stroma
Art Expert

Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:52 pm

carljwiii wrote:i love mbw's work but this is crap. Look at the lettering, it's hard to make something look that bad and out of place. pictures terrible as well. the pepsi hair on fire photo would have been better. this print really makes me think this is all a hoax which is too bad

33rd street= a :clap:
le bistro = b :D
love is the answer= b :pint:
ali= a :notworthy:
1st stones london b+ :lol:
kobe -b depending on taste for the subject :pint:
stairway- well see- hasnt arrived yet :clap:
yes we can b /-b+ :D
jacko- f- :oops: :hanging: :hanging:
I wasn't a fan of any of the "London" prints.
Have you ever tasted skin?
derek
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:45 pm

ricv64 wrote:
derek wrote:
jenga wrote:Shitty Ambulance chasing photoshop crap. MBW should Use the $$ made from prints to go to art college.
Why take $$ to go to art college, when it's his business prowess that makes him who he is. His moniker says it all.
I'll admit it with you: "I wish I'd have thought of this genius scheme first."

business prowess ? he had money before , he must be burning up through that . what about the money he spent on his grafitti movie ? kozik would probaly be the better example for business prowess
If he had money before, and he's averaging about $50k a week, I doubt he's firing through that very fast. Sure he has overhead, but I'd be willing to bet that print sales are just icing on he cake after he completed commissioned pieces. Of course there artists that do it better, but 99.9% do it worse. Hell, commercial artistry isn't all about the talent. It's 10% talent, 90% hype. A huge chunk of valuable art is crap a 3 year old can make. Also, nobody knows the budget he had for the movie. For all we know, people worked pro-bono on it to get their name out there, or bartered for artwork, etc.

A person can't help but notice that within 2 years, he's become a huge success, and he continues to feed the hype machine daily. His success isn't due to luck. He's obviously following a strategic plan that was concocted either by he, or his business manager/pr consultant, etc. If it's not he that has executed this plan, than he has an AMAZING team behind him.
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:12 pm

Banksy is a really busy guy with all these prints and a subsequent show opening in London. :wink:
Brain
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:34 pm

King of Poop :lol:
KNEEL13
EB Team

Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:09 pm

Original photo:
MichaelAMA.gif
chalkdust
Art Expert

Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:35 pm

So, he just added the sunglasses to avoid having to draw the eyes.

Lazy ass MBW. :wink:
bandana
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:47 pm

There is a reason why MBW puts sunglasses on most of his celebrities.... Damned if I
know why... :wink:
KNEEL13
EB Team

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:58 pm

He did at least put the right sunglasses on him. :)
michael-jackson-84-020a.jpg
michael-jackson-84-031a.jpg
brooke-shields-michael.jpg