Duality of Humanity 5 09 Fairey Release Discussion 06/17/09

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
arana7
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:40 am

recycler wrote:
arana7 wrote:Is cool, I din't mean to come off like a jerk. You win some, you loose some I guess. Today, I lost!

I'll have to keep myself better informed for next time..
that's the spirit (seriously).

this thread brought the real expresso out of some beaners... lot of people bitching and thinking they deserve everything.

man, I found out about the drop date on OMG :P
Wow you really insulted me by calling me a beaner...hey guess what? Go f yourself! :thumb:
"Too weird to live, Too rare to die!"
ninfan
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:46 am

Quick question. I have a order # 256** and money was taken. However, I never received a email from Obey.

Should I worry?
arodri70
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:20 am

When was the release date changed....Tuesday afternoon, correct?
niconude
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:24 am

ninfan wrote:Quick question. I have a order # 256** and money was taken. However, I never received a email from Obey.

Should I worry?
I am in the same boat. From experience, we should both me fine.
I will swallow poison
untill I grow immune
relentlesskevin
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:53 am

ninfan wrote:Quick question. I have a order # 256** and money was taken. However, I never received a email from Obey.

Should I worry?

Be afraid! Be very afraid!
ninfan
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:55 am

niconude wrote:

Should I worry?
I am in the same boat. From experience, we should both me fine.
Thanks for the answer and I hope you are right.... Last time I get in super quick got all the right emails and then 3 days later they tell me it was oversold here is your money.
Last edited by ninfan on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
dr_flie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:02 am

arodri70 wrote:When was the release date changed....Tuesday afternoon, correct?
It was changed on Monday night I think. I noticed it first thing in the morning.
ninfan wrote: Last time I get in super quick got all the rights emails and then 3 days later they tell me it was oversold here is your money.
I don't know if there is any specific method as to how OG does refunds. I've had really low order numbers and been refunded and high ones which I didn't get refunded for. I think they're random and don't have anything to do with order numbers.. but some might say that I'm just spreading rumors.
blazedoutbee
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:32 am

I talked to Japr when I got refunded for the Japanese patterns and she told me there is no rhyme or reason to refunds...and also that orders numbers don't mean fudge.....good luck
ninfan
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:45 am

blazedoutbee wrote:I talked to Japr when I got refunded for the Japanese patterns and she told me there is no rhyme or reason to refunds...and also that orders numbers don't mean fudge.....good luck
Well nothing better then getting a answer from the source. Thanks again everyone
hainshead
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:36 pm

This happens every week I realize, but I still can't get over how many of these are already on Ebay. It's one thing to flip a poster, another to flip it before it's even in hand. :x
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:46 pm

Only been refunded 1 time on an Obey sale.

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
kingofprussia
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:38 pm

hainshead wrote:This happens every week I realize, but I still can't get over how many of these are already on Ebay. It's one thing to flip a poster, another to flip it before it's even in hand. :x
i blame those people who buy the prints from the flippers. the flippers know that they can usually get the most for a print right after it sells out. i never sell a print before it is in hand, not worth the headaches if you get a damaged one.
alwaysalx
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:11 pm

blazedoutbee wrote:I talked to Japr when I got refunded for the Japanese patterns and she told me there is no rhyme or reason to refunds...and also that orders numbers don't mean fudge.....good luck

i too heard from jaspr that they accidentally oversold and will be issuing refunds, so technically nothing is confirmed til you get the print in hand.

p.s. they are also looking for a better server to handle their volume, i hope its soon :)
tmurch
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:23 pm

alwaysalx wrote: p.s. they are also looking for a better server to handle their volume, i hope its soon :)

I do sometimes enjoy the fact that it takes awhile to get through the server. Its not like emeks where sometimes you see it sometimes u dont.
Tadrules wrote:Dan Mccarthy is a pimp.
RupertPupkin wrote: This will never change. Idiocy is the true human condition.
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:34 pm

tmurch wrote:
alwaysalx wrote: p.s. they are also looking for a better server to handle their volume, i hope its soon :)

I do sometimes enjoy the fact that it takes awhile to get through the server. Its not like emeks where sometimes you see it sometimes u dont.

not me. i'd rather be doing something fun and know relatively quickly if I got one or not, so I can move on. Yesterday went smooth compared to the doh1-3 releases. So whatever work they did back then helped. Now they probably have even higher demands on their system and have to retool again. Jaspr told me they are doing more upgrades soon too. So I guess its true. OBey, right?