Michael Everett Posters IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ

General art-related discussion.
Flimby

Fri May 22, 2009 4:02 pm

sorry guys, but this is just weird
MJBuck
Art Expert

Fri May 22, 2009 4:02 pm

sometimes it's people's silence that says it all.
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
dougr
Site Admin

Fri May 22, 2009 4:09 pm

fwiw, while i do appreciate the effort to please, i totally disagree with numbering part of a print run years afterward in this manner.
norbyjake wrote:This would give collectors a sense of how many were actually printed, and it will assure collectors that no additional posters will ever be printed.
These are the two reasons cited for doing this, and both are flawed.

having Michael participate on EB and correct details as needed gives collectors a sense of how many were actually printed far more effectively, for everyone.

having a partial numbered run doesn't "assure collectors that no additional posters will ever be printed" in any way whatsoever.

sign them for folks who want to send 'em, sure. at the most, label them "ed. 40" or the like (i disagree with this as well, but find it a better solution than post-numbering some of the run). the concept of partial numbering of a print run years afterward makes this EB Curator cringe.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
username
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 22, 2009 4:10 pm

what piemel said.
mreverett
Art Enthusiast

Fri May 22, 2009 4:19 pm

piemel wrote:I understand that jojo and that is exactly why I hate the mentality here and the inaction of its members... the idea that the larger community accepts this as perfectly fine. Where the drymount is that pussy eb board when you finally need them to nip retarded behaviour in the ass...

As a community you guys are drymounting idiotic

The fact that people are actually applauding this dumnbnut move says it all

"I rather have my poster signed" ... dude, it's a drymounting rock poster for some gay show from some band... the idea that you can have a partial renumbering for this 5 years later is just too stupid to even comprehend. I am drymounting baffled that this community here finds it perfectly 'normal' and even 'cool'.

What the drymount is wrong with you people?
I agree that is just a rock poster for some band, but your use of the word "gay" is offensive, and I think mods should review your suitability for membership to this forum in the specific context that I do not believe that derogatory terms regarding someone's sexuality are allowed on EB, don't we all agree to something like that when we join expressobeans.com?
Michael R. Everett
coastrat
Art Enthusiast

Fri May 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Asking moderators to review someone's "membership suitability" is gayer than a man having sex with another man.
mreverett
Art Enthusiast

Fri May 22, 2009 4:26 pm

coastrat wrote:Asking moderators to review someone's "membership suitability" is gayer than a man having sex with another man.
Wow. Keep it going. This is great. (post edited, i am not going to continue this..)
Last edited by mreverett on Fri May 22, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Fri May 22, 2009 4:27 pm

norbyjake wrote:One other thought...if you know some collectors that don't regularly follow the eb forums, but would have an interest in this undertaking, please let them know about it. Spread the word if you can.
I just posted a link on PhishPosters in Michael's dedicated thread. This is big news...glad to help spread the word.

Also, and even more importantly, I'm glad Micheal's health has improved and he's been both doing new posters and been sharing with us more on the forums.

:thumb:
Flimby

Fri May 22, 2009 4:29 pm

dougr wrote:the concept of partial numbering of a print run years afterward makes this EB Curator cringe.
willg
Art Expert

Fri May 22, 2009 4:31 pm

Flimby wrote:sorry guys, but this is just weird
Raheen_Shabbazz
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 22, 2009 4:31 pm

Also, and even more importantly, I'm glad Micheal's health has improved and he's been both doing new posters and been sharing with us more on the forums.
Here here!
Raheen_Shabbazz
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 22, 2009 4:35 pm

And, for the record, calling The Grateful Dead "some band" is like calling Albert Hoffman "some chemist".
norbyjake
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 22, 2009 4:39 pm

electrachrome wrote:
norbyjake wrote:One other thought...if you know some collectors that don't regularly follow the eb forums, but would have an interest in this undertaking, please let them know about it. Spread the word if you can.
I just posted a link on PhishPosters in Michael's dedicated thread. This is big news...glad to help spread the word.

:thumb:
Thank you for the help.
s_k_y
Art Expert

Fri May 22, 2009 4:43 pm

what about those who don't want to go thru the hassle to send it back?

what if they have it framed?

as someone said before this is just going to cause issues on the secondary market when people wonder why his/hers isn't signed/numbered when another's is.

for the record I own zero everetts...and am somewhat glad that I don't after reading this....I wouldn't want to be 'forced' to send them all back just so that they are not devalued on the secondary market years from now.
sabotage
Art Expert

Fri May 22, 2009 4:43 pm

I don't really see why this effort would get people up in arms. Validating prints and signing unsigned prints hurts no one. I agree with that numbering after the fact doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I do agree with the suggestion to include just the edition size instead of a number. Do Everetts prints in particular have problems with forgeries? Not sure why the signing has to be so cryptic.
I do applaud the effort to provide a service to the fans and collectors though. No one should be scolded for such a thing.