White Stripes Glace Bay 07 Jones

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
millard
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:30 pm

IamFrank007 wrote: If the buyer is happy???? What's the problem???? It might bring down the average price????? Are we the only 2 guys who buy a print to keep it and hang up proudly?????? Drymount the F^&$ERS who buy only to make a buck...... I say hang it up and be proud you own this SPECIAL print :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I'm just stating the facts - I haven't passed judgement on the satisfaction of owning this poster.
slujkr
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:51 pm

Millard....Thanks for your .02, I'm well aware what a vintage poster is, and if you're so concerned about the condition of this one, be glad you didn't buy it. I never say anything, but it's people like you that suck the life out of collecting anything....you probably agonize over picking out a TV dinner at the store, having to find just the right one. Sorry, but I don't understand the hyper critical tone of lots of these posts. It boils down to this, if you don't like something don't buy it, personally if I get this print and the image area is fine, I'm thrilled to have it for the price. Does something as mundane and irrelevant as buying posters, prints or artwork have to be a competitive deal? I've been burned and might be again, but I might have a nice print with 4 hidden tack holes on my wall...............
millard
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:01 pm

slujkr wrote:Millard....Thanks for your .02, I'm well aware what a vintage poster is, and if you're so concerned about the condition of this one, be glad you didn't buy it. I never say anything, but it's people like you that suck the life out of collecting anything....you probably agonize over picking out a TV dinner at the store, having to find just the right one. Sorry, but I don't understand the hyper critical tone of lots of these posts. It boils down to this, if you don't like something don't buy it, personally if I get this print and the image area is fine, I'm thrilled to have it for the price. Does something as mundane and irrelevant as buying posters, prints or artwork have to be a competitive deal? I've been burned and might be again, but I might have a nice print with 4 hidden tack holes on my wall...............
Again - I stated facts. YOU did the interpretation, YOU sucked the fun out of your own purchase. I'm sorry you're so self-conscious, and emotional about a piece of paper. I have lots of damaged posters and I never said I didn't enjoy them.

Also, I don't eat TV dinners.
slujkr
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:10 pm

Dude, Somehow you got confused. I couldn't care less, if I get the poster and it's thrashed I'll be bummed but if it only has 4 tack holes I'll be OK. What I don't understand is why it matters to you one way or the other...I notice the poster is in your wanted, is this poster envy on your part? I have lots of posters, and no real emotional tie to any of them, just an appreciation for the imagery and talent that created them. If you ate more Tv dinners you might be able to buy a mint White Stripes GB poster.. you have to sacrifice. Keep up the hunt, you are obviously someone who has excellent taste.
millard
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:14 pm

slujkr wrote:Dude, Somehow you got confused. I couldn't care less, if I get the poster and it's thrashed I'll be bummed but if it only has 4 tack holes I'll be OK. What I don't understand is why it matters to you one way or the other...I notice the poster is in your wanted, is this poster envy on your part? I have lots of posters, and no real emotional tie to any of them, just an appreciation for the imagery and talent that created them. If you ate more Tv dinners you might be able to buy a mint White Stripes GB poster.. you have to sacrifice. Keep up the hunt, you are obviously someone who has excellent taste.
I own this poster. I paid $30 for it.
slujkr
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:14 pm

I have chills
KNEEL13
EB Team

Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:18 pm

I have this poster. I paid $30 for it.

millard
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:19 pm

KNEEL13 wrote:I have this poster. I paid $30 for it.

Nice.
slujkr
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:23 pm

That's a keeper...I also have some $30 posters but I'm not always that lucky.
7th_son
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:25 pm

millard wrote:
slujkr wrote:Dude, Somehow you got confused. I couldn't care less, if I get the poster and it's thrashed I'll be bummed but if it only has 4 tack holes I'll be OK. What I don't understand is why it matters to you one way or the other...I notice the poster is in your wanted, is this poster envy on your part? I have lots of posters, and no real emotional tie to any of them, just an appreciation for the imagery and talent that created them. If you ate more Tv dinners you might be able to buy a mint White Stripes GB poster.. you have to sacrifice. Keep up the hunt, you are obviously someone who has excellent taste.

Were you at the show? :wink:
millard
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:26 pm

7th_son wrote:
millard wrote:

yes
7th_son
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:29 pm

millard wrote:
7th_son wrote:
millard wrote:

yes

No fudge, me too. I hope you picked up the aluminum then. Twas a great show and this poster kills on any substrate.
millard
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:34 pm

7th_son wrote:
millard wrote:
7th_son wrote:
millard wrote: I own this poster. I paid $30 for it.

yes

No fudge, me too. I hope you picked up the aluminum then. Twas a great show and this poster kills on any substrate.
Yes - it's framed and hanging. I actually bought two of the paper copies (well gave money to my friend to buy it). The next day he regretted not buying it, so I gave it to him for free. I don't really care about the value of the poster, it could be picture of slujkr's pimply, obese face with a million holes in it for all I care. It's about a keepsake from an amazing concert.
7th_son
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:47 pm

millard wrote:
Yes - it's framed and hanging. I actually bought two of the paper copies (well gave money to my friend to buy it). The next day he regretted not buying it, so I gave it to him for free. I don't really care about the value of the poster, it could be picture of slujkr's pimply, obese face with a million holes in it for all I care. It's about a keepsake from an amazing concert.

Well done. I had a paper copy as well, but sold it to a desperate fan for cost at the show after I decided to buy the aluminum.

Would love to see a pic of your frame up sometime. cheers

PS. The Stripes are on Conan's finale tonight, tune in.
slujkr
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:29 pm

Millard.....that pimply, obese thing you were looking at wasn't my face, but I guess you were too busy to notice