Neurosis Fall Tour 06 Burlesque

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:02 pm

BlakeAronson wrote:I wonder if that thing really sold for $200. private auctions are always shady like that. i mean who would bid it up to $200 when there were tons of others up at the same time with buy it nows for $125 or less
it was the first one listed, so there's a good chance that people set their auction sniper for the final hour and didn't think about it until it was already over. why else would people bid $200 when there are clearly buy-it-now copies available for $50-75 cheaper?
rhinomilk
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:29 pm

has anyone else not received their orange flame yet? sucks... maybe i should just file a credit card report.
Flimby

Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:57 pm

rhinomilk wrote:has anyone else not received their orange flame yet? sucks... maybe i should just file a credit card report.
email them to confirm but I believe that they are waiting on tubes
nc
EB Team

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:08 pm

Flimby wrote:I believe that they are waiting on tubes
They don't use tubes. :( They love to ship in rectangular boxes.
Flimby

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:12 pm

ncernak wrote:
I think they are learning
macc5
EB Team

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:19 pm

Flimby wrote:
ncernak wrote:
I think they are learning
I gotta say..I got a bit of a beat up print so I know how this went down..

but its kind of comical how merchandizing gets beaten into learning...I would love to hear comments on that end cursing all us nuts...
guyforget
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:59 pm

rhinomilk wrote:has anyone else not received their orange flame yet? sucks... maybe i should just file a credit card report.
Im still waiting as well.
pjtaper wrote: I'm glad EMEK knows I'm not a flipper
thegig
Art Expert

Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:53 pm

guyforget wrote:
Mapman
Art Expert

Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:11 pm

Bralumian wrote:
BlakeAronson wrote:I wonder if that thing really sold for $200. private auctions are always shady like that. i mean who would bid it up to $200 when there were tons of others up at the same time with buy it nows for $125 or less
it was the first one listed, so there's a good chance that people set their auction sniper for the final hour and didn't think about it until it was already over. why else would people bid $200 when there are clearly buy-it-now copies available for $50-75 cheaper?
Could be a sniper, but it was bid up from $100 to $200 in $5 increments, seems like either a newbie or shill bidding to me.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:16 pm

Mapman wrote:Could be a sniper, but it was bid up from $100 to $200 in $5 increments, seems like either a newbie or shill bidding to me.
newbies scare me as much as snipers and shills. They blindly chew their way up to your high bid one slow painful bite at a time. i prefer the quick outbid any day of the week.

BTW...not to rub salt in the wounds or anything, but my Neurot prints arrived in mint condition. I got #'s 224 & 226. if someone here got one of the same #'d blue flame prints, I would trade a lower number blue (<100) for it and pay all shipping charges.
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:21 am

Bralumian wrote:
well i know for a fact that seller has a second user id, he sent me a nasty message from it, was pretty funny. He was probably shill bidding, why have two ebay user ids and a private auction running?
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:22 am

Mapman wrote:
Bralumian wrote:
Could be a sniper, but it was bid up from $100 to $200 in $5 increments, seems like either a newbie or shill bidding to me.
like i said pretty sure it was shill bidding, he has a second user ID that he sent me a nasty message with.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:29 am

guyforget wrote:
me too. was supposedly shipped on dec. 28th but that obviously didn't happen. i emailed yesterday to see what's up and haven't heard back yet.
iratasan
Flipper

Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:25 pm

scott from neurot wrote to me, that the tubes should arrive today.
Rev.Mike
Flipper

Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:33 pm

iratasan wrote:scott from neurot wrote to me, that the tubes should arrive today.
He seemed pretty open and we had a pretty lengthy exchange about shipping with tubes and packing prints, I guess he took it to heart.