Soundgarden Houston 92 Kozik

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
greasy
Art Expert

Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:29 pm

thanks for that, id seen the image of the original vhs release, but never the poster. very cool.
27 wrote: One time i was walking down the tracks when i was 4 yrs old and this train raped me in my butt.
http://www.GRAFantasy.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jayscollection/
oldsyd
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:45 am

Does anyone have a link to Franks story about the making of the print? I recall something about a hot apartment, a stack of blue film promos, and how it reminded him of another woman. Can't recall if I saw it on GP or BRY
evillittlegoat
Art Expert

Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:09 am

The most popular designs over the years seem to be the ones I just bang out in the

'Trance State'

It seems the less i think about the design, and the more I just crank up some music,drink coffee,wander around my workspace half-naked and unwashed, chainsmoking and sort of tripping out on a million other things...the more popular the design has become. So a long time ago I decided just to NOT THINK about what I was doing a whole lot, let my subcoonscious take over...maybe that's why my
'poorly drawn' and 'ripped off' fudge seems to work the best...maybe i am just sort of

'channeling' the current state...

For example...here's where I'll probably get some fudge..that infamous 1400.00 Soundgarden poster...It was a hot day, I was just farting around,Listening to their record...had no idea what to do for the piece,except I felt that SG was basically a 'psychedilic' sort of let the waves wash over you sort of thing...at the same time I had just gotten some big tattoos the month before, and was in the state where you can't stop looking at them in the mirror...then this really hot girl 'dropped by' for the proverbial booty call...after some nasty
fun it all just clicked...the day matched the music, my state of mind was totally zoned/zenned out and it took maybe 15 minutes to throw the piece together...hence, that poster, on a conscious level was

'not designed' at all...and it has allways been the most popular one, and not just cause of SG..Ihave seen people tattoo the girl on their bodies, ripp iut off as bootleg stickers etc etc.

So maybe I just channelled a sex/rock vibe that day.
oldsyd
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:35 am

That's it! Classic Frank...
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:14 pm

This little piece of inspiration is also available for sale. I was going to get it for myself, but realistically, I've got no where appropriate to put it.

Here:

http://www.movieposter.com/poster/MPW-28559/Inga.html
greasy
Art Expert

Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:15 pm

thanks for the story mr. goat, very cool bit of history behind this iconic print.

now i just gotta resist getting the inga poster......
27 wrote: One time i was walking down the tracks when i was 4 yrs old and this train raped me in my butt.
http://www.GRAFantasy.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jayscollection/
wandering-gypsy
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:17 pm

re: ryefish's post of the original image of Marie Liljedahl that Kozik used for the poster.

The movie poster above is the sanitized version, probably sanitized for public posting.
The original had a series of stills across the middle of Marie, in the area that appears hazed out in the picture above. I think the stills had nudes in them.

I could only find a tiny little jpeg of the original.

The censors used to have there way here ....
"Those English kids want to play the blues so bad—and they do play the blues so bad".
Sonny Boy Williamson on the feeble attempts by '60's British bands to play the blues.
automator
Nobody

Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:04 pm

New image KZ-9214 Soundgarden Houston

automator
Nobody

Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:04 pm

automator
Nobody

Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:22 pm

jcporter
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:43 am

IMHO, the most recent ebay sale (12/26 $995) should be questioned. It was originally listed for sale by Seattlebatman for $400 and had no bidders after several days. Then, as the auction was coming into its last few days, the seller revised the price to $900 and the item had an immediate bid at/over $900. When I wrote to the seller and asked him what gives, his reponse was that "he had $900 in the print and would have never sold it for less" (even though he had started the initial auction at $400 with no reserve). As such, I'm strongly believe this was a shill bid scenario and one that should be removed from the valuation. Again...IMHO.
ISO: Uncle Charlie's 22" by 33" silkscreen version of Metallica / Alice in Chains 1994 Austin - signed & numbered run of 250
Bread8
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:01 pm

jcporter wrote:IMHO, the most recent ebay sale (12/26 $995) should be questioned. It was originally listed for sale by Seattlebatman for $400 and had no bidders after several days. Then, as the auction was coming into its last few days, the seller revised the price to $900 and the item had an immediate bid at/over $900. When I wrote to the seller and asked him what gives, his reponse was that "he had $900 in the print and would have never sold it for less" (even though he had started the initial auction at $400 with no reserve). As such, I'm strongly believe this was a shill bid scenario and one that should be removed from the valuation. Again...IMHO.
It's already not counted due to being framed and signed
Great words won't cover ugly actions; good frames won't save bad paintings...
jcporter
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Bread8 wrote:
jcporter wrote:IMHO, the most recent ebay sale (12/26 $995) should be questioned. It was originally listed for sale by Seattlebatman for $400 and had no bidders after several days. Then, as the auction was coming into its last few days, the seller revised the price to $900 and the item had an immediate bid at/over $900. When I wrote to the seller and asked him what gives, his reponse was that "he had $900 in the print and would have never sold it for less" (even though he had started the initial auction at $400 with no reserve). As such, I'm strongly believe this was a shill bid scenario and one that should be removed from the valuation. Again...IMHO.
It's already not counted due to being framed and signed
DOH!
ISO: Uncle Charlie's 22" by 33" silkscreen version of Metallica / Alice in Chains 1994 Austin - signed & numbered run of 250
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:08 pm

WTF is this? Found this on a Soundgarden-related site when I was reading about Chris Cornell's battle with his ex-wife and former manager, Susan Silver.

Was there a separate print done just for Soundgarden or was this a photo-edit cut? Maybe someone had something personal against Pearl Jam. :?
Nothing brings humility like a good ol' shart."
ThierryHenry
Art Expert

Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:17 pm

Bought the Pink Lady 2nd ed from ebay a while back. I actually emailed Frank Kozik if the poster looked real.
He replied pretty quick & said it looked genuine (well, the numbers written looked real).

My query now is that the white border of the poster is in parts uneven. Every picture I see of the the pink lady, the bottom white border is huge.

Does anyone have a version of the pink lady where all the white borders are the same.

Maybe a silly question but Im just curious.
Last edited by ThierryHenry on Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.