Melvins Oklahoma City 06 Burlesque

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
ricv64
Art Expert

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:15 pm

" Amyjo has God dam Glitter " HOTT !,

" It's just paper " - Ron Donovan , after I accidently bled on a few posters of his
lettawren
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:16 pm

hatredofhuds
Art Expert

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:17 pm

Cool! THANKS!!!!!

Yea, that's exactly what happened.....I had both sites refreshed at 3:00 waited a couple of seconds.......and said "drymount it, i'm sending it now."
iratasan
Flipper

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:18 pm

Rev.Mike wrote:And I apologize to iratasan, I should know better than to start blowing off steam on the internet. I'm just as bad as anyone else.
apology accepted.
hatredofhuds
Art Expert

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:19 pm

http://www.missamyjo.com/index.php?p=3

That poster is amazing!!!!!

I hadn't seen it yet!
lettawren
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:24 pm

she's really damn good, and the glitter just seals it. i'm always amazed at hers tuff, and since she has such a good top black layer on a lot of posters, her test prints are just humblingly beautiful. check out that section!
hatredofhuds
Art Expert

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:47 pm

O'malley's baby one is insane!!!!

That was the only one I hadn't seen a picture of before the bidding......besides the brown poster.......

Thanks again!
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:15 pm

You people are sick.
hatredofhuds
Art Expert

Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:17 pm

Yep!
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:53 pm

hatredofhuds wrote:I got them!

I was the first one in, I was told. I just cut and pasted the e-mail, went directly to Paypal, hit SEND NOW exactly at 3:00 EST. and got them!!!

I didn't hear anything from them via e-mail, so I figured I didn't get anything, but I called and spoke to Bjorn, I guess, and told me I'm in!

is there any way to find out which #'s i'm getting?
Nothing against you hatred, or burlesque because it was a judgement call and i know they do the best they can, but the fact that you got one this way does bum me out a bit. I was there hitting refresh madly at 3PM too just like 11 other people apparently. And I kept hitting refresh even after the time went by because I knew they'd disappear in a second if i didn't. Just seems like you managed to bypass the system in a way.

Anyway, I just hope all 5 went to people who wanted it and not resellers but I guess we'll find that out soon enough.
hatredofhuds
Art Expert

Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:15 pm

No way. I'm not selling mine. I have an extra copy now of the blue one, because I bought the signed one last week. That one is going to a friend of mine as a gift who is a huge Melvins fan. but the rest are all getting framed and hung.

I started collecting Melvins posters last month or so......and I've already built up a good amount of them so far, so these ones are gonna just add to what I already have.
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:32 am

hatredofhuds wrote:I got them!

I was the first one in, I was told. I just cut and pasted the e-mail, went directly to Paypal, hit SEND NOW exactly at 3:00 EST. and got them!!!

I didn't hear anything from them via e-mail, so I figured I didn't get anything, but I called and spoke to Bjorn, I guess, and told me I'm in!

is there any way to find out which #'s i'm getting?

not to stir up trouble but...

this also kinda bums me out cause i thought about logging into paypal beforehand but i figured if it didnt come through the webstore that it wouldnt be an authentic webstore purchase, like i was bypassing the system. regardless even if they canceled your order I was number 8 to get an order so I would have been 7th and still not gotten anything, but had I known it was ok to do it directly through paypal I would have done it that way and probably secured a set, I don't see how it was possible for me to have purchased any faster than I did.

for future refrence on sales events were an item is expected to sell out quickly, will direct payments like this one (not through clicking the link on the webstore) be honored or is this a one time deal?
lettawren
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:06 am

hey guys, i promise we're always doing the best we can, but i'm guessing at this point we prob. won't do anything this special again just because it's led to a lot of people being apparently really angry at me! i promise, if we hated our customers, i wouldn't have worked 8:30-5:30 today, using lunch to bring posters to the burlesque office for photographing for the onsale, then gone straight to weld from 6-10 pm, then come to the office to print out htese orders and organize htem and answer angry e-mails from 10pm until now... 1am. i'm going to go home to bed in about a half hour, then get up and repeat tomorrow. i assure you, if i hated you all, i wouldn't do this stuff!

we REALLY appreciate your business and people looking forward to things we put out, but having people be this upset over something we thought was super cool is pretty rough, and we'll try not to step on toes wiht something like that again.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:22 am

Poor Letta.

You guys are whiny cocksuckers.
mcnail
Art Expert

Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:47 am

lettawren wrote:hey guys, i promise we're always doing the best we can, but i'm guessing at this point we prob. won't do anything this special again just because it's led to a lot of people being apparently really angry at me! i promise, if we hated our customers, i wouldn't have worked 8:30-5:30 today, using lunch to bring posters to the burlesque office for photographing for the onsale, then gone straight to weld from 6-10 pm, then come to the office to print out htese orders and organize htem and answer angry e-mails from 10pm until now... 1am. i'm going to go home to bed in about a half hour, then get up and repeat tomorrow. i assure you, if i hated you all, i wouldn't do this stuff!

we REALLY appreciate your business and people looking forward to things we put out, but having people be this upset over something we thought was super cool is pretty rough, and we'll try not to step on toes wiht something like that again.
Why you would even take what rude people say to heart is beyond me. I truly hope that you guys really don't stop releasing ultra-limited prints, as it is part of what makes Burlesque unique and amazing.

This is why artists and studios print super limited variants and sell them only to select customers in private, just as Emek does.

I think it was a great way to get people interested in owning the whole set, and I hope these kind of releases continue. Letta is the nicest person in the whole scene, don't take her for granted.