Melvins Oklahoma City 06 Burlesque

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Rev.Mike
Flipper

Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:18 pm

withdrawn.
Last edited by Rev.Mike on Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iratasan
Flipper

Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:38 pm

hi there,

no i am not making rules, i was just begging and i apologise if i offended you by that.

yes, they said that there would be 5 and i guess that is why we (12) sat at our pc at 2 pm cst, hitting the refresh button like berserkers.

the "fair" in this context is easy to explain. i am a big horkey fan and i guess the other people who did the same are too and i desperately wanted this poster to be framed and hanged onto my wall, simply because i dig the brown version the most even if this would mean to buy at least 6 other posters i would not use with it.

it is good that you bring ebay into this, so if one of these prints really ends up on ebay my question is: is it "fair" that some dudes with a faster ping buys this items and sells them for double or triple the money on ebay instead of some fan simply enjoying the art?
lettawren
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:45 pm

we definitely weren't trying to screw anyone, just thought that the few we put on the brown paper looked so nice we wanted to release some publicly. we don't do second editions (or haven't thus far), so we prob. won't do another set of these on brown unless we do an art print of it, which is a possibility in the future. for now, though, those were all of the brown ones to go out.

also, sorry that it was such a complicated onsale, but some people will get e-mails from bjorn shortly if they either ordered only one of the pink ones with one other poster (since you were required to get two other posters to get the pink one), or if you ordered two of the same poster and bought the pink at $20, you'll get a $ request for $10, since the stipulation was that you could still get the pink with 2 other posters, but then it was $30. this was to make sure that as many of the other artists' melvins posters got out there as possible and so that people could also get a smaller edition color variant at a sweet deal. hopefully everyone understands!

we try to mix it up everytime with variants and weird stuff, but i know that sometimes the exclusivity can be too exclusive, or the opposite can be true - something's so readily available with a big edition that then no one sees resale value and they don't want it at all! hard to find the sweet spot, as it were.
Rev.Mike
Flipper

Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:45 pm

Withdrawn.
Last edited by Rev.Mike on Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flimby

Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:55 pm

would someone be able to post an image of the brown one?
thanks in advance
iratasan
Flipper

Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:57 pm

withdrawn.
Last edited by iratasan on Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silver
Art Expert

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:00 pm

iratasan wrote: it is good that you bring ebay into this, so if one of these prints really ends up on ebay my question is: is it "fair" that some dudes with a faster ping buys this items and sells them for double or triple the money on ebay instead of some fan simply enjoying the art?
yes...it's fair. he who owns it can do whatever they want with it.

quit being a baby.
hatredofhuds
Art Expert

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:04 pm

I got them!

I was the first one in, I was told. I just cut and pasted the e-mail, went directly to Paypal, hit SEND NOW exactly at 3:00 EST. and got them!!!

I didn't hear anything from them via e-mail, so I figured I didn't get anything, but I called and spoke to Bjorn, I guess, and told me I'm in!

is there any way to find out which #'s i'm getting?
silver
Art Expert

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:05 pm

hatredofhuds wrote:!

christ.

i bet letta is exhausted.
Flimby

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:06 pm

Personally I think the sweet spot is somewhere between 5 and 500 :D

I do not know of a single online store that has sufficient inventory control/paypal linkage to prevent an oversale on a run of 5.
Last edited by Flimby on Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lettawren
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:06 pm

dang! i know there's not a full moon, so why y'all harshin' my mellow? :) just kidding, just want to stop arguments about stuff like this! look, the posters are beautiful and i hope that people love 'em and find them if they're looking for them, but otherwise, no one's a baby for wishing the got something and declaring it loudly, no one's a jerk for telling me that the onsale method was totally crazy this time around (cuz it was, but how else do you put 7 posters on sale at once with a weird limited edition variant that you want to sell at a LOWER price than the original?!?), and no one's a dillhole/mental deficient for pointing out that my sweater looks like it's on inside out, cuz it totally does, but it isn't because of the tricks of banana republic and their wily ways!

please, let's all be chill and enjoy posters. there are tons of 'em on this site that are beautiful. check 'em out!

may i humbly point out that lonny unitus' melvins poster for this tour's still available for purchase and is totally hot? or that amy jo's has goddamned GLITTER on it? awesome times FOUR!
Rev.Mike
Flipper

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:08 pm

edit

Sorry Letta, I'll stop.
Last edited by Rev.Mike on Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lettawren
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:08 pm

hatredofhuds wrote:I got them!

I was the first one in, I was told. I just cut and pasted the e-mail, went directly to Paypal, hit SEND NOW exactly at 3:00 EST. and got them!!!

I didn't hear anything from them via e-mail, so I figured I didn't get anything, but I called and spoke to Bjorn, I guess, and told me I'm in!

i should point out, before any one jumps on me, that this was a topic of discussion and we decided to accept it ONLY because the stuff wasn't up at exactly 2:00 pm and there's no way that the buyer knew that, just that the site didn't appear to be working, so he sent the paypal. otherwise, we wouldn't have taken it - just a note to anyone who's like, "why does he get to send a direct paypal and skip the site??"

and no, not yet - you'll find out when you get 'em! the numbers won't all match, for the record.
Rev.Mike
Flipper

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:11 pm

And I apologize to iratasan, I should know better than to start blowing off steam on the internet. I'm just as bad as anyone else.
lettawren
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:12 pm

heh! there IS a certain comedic value to it all :) it's like, "aren't we lucky to have such problems?"