Static Medium Fine Art Printing News & Announcements

General art-related discussion.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri May 01, 2020 4:29 pm

Duh.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 01, 2020 6:47 pm

:hanging: ISO if anyone regrets dropping that money
theperfecttree
EB Team

Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:53 am

great video of the static medium printing process for the latest Mark Maggiori release

dodgers77
Art Expert

Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:49 pm

Wow deem fat stacks :shock:
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:39 pm

Does he sign faster when his shirt us unbuttoned?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
soma
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:19 pm

Hey you guys! For our 15th anniversary we're digging into our flat files and auctioning some random prints we've put out over the years. Here's the link in case anyone is interested: https://www.ebay.com/str/staticmedium
Static Medium Print & Photo - reproducing your favorite art since 2006.
tranito
Art Expert

Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:46 pm

Question for Soma..
I'm a little curious why Mu Pan released another Pirates print. Not a knock on the artist. Love what he does. I just thought it was odd to basically come back a few months later with the exact same print really. The new one looks more detailed, more action packed.. it kind of makes the first one look like a work in progress or earlier stage of the same concept.. I'd be curious to hear from collectors who bought the first one in July.. how they feel about the one that dropped today.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
soma
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:32 pm

It’s actually a set of 3 that he approached me about releasing earlier this year (#3 will be released in Spring ). He did the art as a series and I’m usually of the stance that whatever the artist wants to release is fine with me. They (the artist) has seen the reactions on socials of when they posted the art originally and know what they’ve been asked to release or they just get ideas in their head of what they want to see in print. Especially for Mu, I let them drive this ship and just do the behind the scenes to make it happen.
Static Medium Print & Photo - reproducing your favorite art since 2006.
gsyade
Art Enthusiast

Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:37 pm

soma wrote:
It’s actually a set of 3 that he approached me about releasing earlier this year (#3 will be released in Spring ). He did the art as a series and I’m usually of the stance that whatever the artist wants to release is fine with me. They (the artist) has seen the reactions on socials of when they posted the art originally and know what they’ve been asked to release or they just get ideas in their head of what they want to see in print. Especially for Mu, I let them drive this ship and just do the behind the scenes to make it happen.
Excited to hear it's a three print series! :pint: :drool:
tranito
Art Expert

Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:45 pm

soma wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Will have to wait and see. Maybe I'll get it when I see them all together.
gsyade wrote:
Did you get both?
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:11 pm

I need to remember to post a pic of my Mu drawing I picked up a couple years ago. It's perfect for the Christmas season.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
gsyade
Art Enthusiast

Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:49 pm

tranito wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:45 pm
soma wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Will have to wait and see. Maybe I'll get it when I see them all together.
gsyade wrote:
Did you get both?
yeah - i went with the regs on each release

i love mu's work
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:10 pm

tranito wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:46 pm
Question for Soma..
I'm a little curious why Mu Pan released another Pirates print. Not a knock on the artist. Love what he does. I just thought it was odd to basically come back a few months later with the exact same print really. The new one looks more detailed, more action packed.. it kind of makes the first one look like a work in progress or earlier stage of the same concept.. I'd be curious to hear from collectors who bought the first one in July.. how they feel about the one that dropped today.
To answer your question for collectors, I've purchased Mu Pan's work released from Static back when they first released his Love Means Never Having You to Say Sorry piece. Haven't missed or skipped a drop, and even bought his book release with one of those OG's inside as well. However, the last piece I bought was The Ark. I skipped the two Pirate pieces. I realized that I am not a huge fan of his aerial pieces.

I love more of the "widescreen" battle scenes, but if the next piece released is Pirates 3, I'll be skipping that one as well. Still one of my favorite artists though, will hold off when he released the style I prefer.
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:25 am

Codeblue wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:11 pm
I need to remember to post a pic of my Mu drawing I picked up a couple years ago. It's perfect for the Christmas season.
Better late than neva?

haven
Art Expert

Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:22 pm

Excellent!