Damaged in mail.

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:20 pm

It’s been so long since I’ve had to deal with anything damaged. I insured a metal poster for $500. Which means they have to sign for it. I told him to inspect the box before signing. What happens if he signs for it knowing the box was bent? Who files the insurance claim? Thanks for any help guys!
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:42 pm

Gonna guess that it is you who files the claim since you are the one who purchased the insurance.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:56 pm

Assuming you used usps:

https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm

Short answer is either person can file.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thanks for your post…
It’s a strange process.
Would have been easier if he had refused it.
I guess he signed for it and has it in his possession even though it was clearly damaged. I thought that the recipient files? I mean that’s where the item is, doesn’t his post office handle it? My PO can’t see the damage from here. I haven’t had to do this in over a decade. I remember as the recipient I filed.
papaver
Tech Team Member

Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:00 pm

turnJBup wrote:
Thanks for your post…
It’s a strange process.
Would have been easier if he had refused it.
I guess he signed for it and has it in his possession even though it was clearly damaged. I thought that the recipient files? I mean that’s where the item is, doesn’t his post office handle it? My PO can’t see the damage from here. I haven’t had to do this in over a decade. I remember as the recipient I filed.
no you file most always. you refund and get a refund from insurance. that's always how its worked for me.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:45 pm

NFTs don’t get damaged in transit. Just sayin.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:25 pm

Luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:55 pm

yup, you file. get pictures from him of the box, all sides with the label clearly visible and of the damage to the item. USPS may ask to inspect, at that point its up to them to bring it in to their post office and have that done, or you refund them and have them ship it back to you so you can do that part yourself. you're on the hook though to make them whole regardless, it would be nice if they brought the item to their post office but at the end of the day you bought insurance for YOU not for them.

what kind of packaging did you use? I can tell you from experience that if it wasn't a pre constructed box USPS is gonna tell you tough fudge and that's gonna be the reason.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:14 pm

Used the same cardboard it came in.
Thanks y’all!
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:49 pm

turnJBup wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:14 pm
Used the same cardboard it came in.
Thanks y’all!
if it's a cardboard stack all i can say is good luck. if it's not a box you there's a good chance you lose automatically.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:57 pm

Last time I listen to you guys.
After filing a claim and getting denied, my post master said the recipient is supposed to file.
They just denied me because they said the recipient failed to take in the package and poster for inspection.
I appealed. I posted their own P3831 or whatever the drymount it is… the paper from the recipient given to them after USPS inspected the drymounting package.
Told them not to steal from me.

My postmaster said this happened because I wasn’t supposed to file the claim.
He was.
Waiting for the next bold faced lie as they do everything they can to rob me.
Probably the last time I’ll ever buy insurance.
It’s like throwing money in the drymounting street.
guryter
Art Expert

Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:38 pm

turnJBup wrote:
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:02 pm

turnJBup wrote:
After filing a claim and getting denied, my post master said the recipient is supposed to file.
They just denied me because they said the recipient failed to take in the package and poster for inspection.
I appealed. I posted their own P3831 or whatever the drymount it is… the paper from the recipient given to them after USPS inspected the drymounting package.
Told them not to steal from me.

My postmaster said this happened because I wasn’t supposed to file the claim.
He was.
Waiting for the next bold faced lie as they do everything they can to rob me.
Probably the last time I’ll ever buy insurance.
It’s like throwing money in the drymounting street.
They are lying to you about the buyer being required to file. That's patently false. Read my post above, this is playing out exactly as I warned you might happen. You should have had them send you back the item with original packaging and labels in a bigger box. The recipient NEVER brings the item in for inspection, why would they, you owe them the money regardless and you're asking them to help you recover on your end. Most people won't be bothered. But if it's a condition of refunding them that they send it back you better believe that happens promptly. And yes, drymount buying insurance. It's been at least 5 or 6 years since I stopped and I've had my biggest years of sales since then. Money down the drain, imho.

Also the packaging is going to come into play as you escalate this. If it wasn't a pre constructed box you're drymounted anyways.

Another note having been through this process multiple times: you should have received a letter from USPS telling you the item needed to be brought in for inspection, did you get that?
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:11 pm

guryter wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:38 pm
turnJBup wrote:
I wasn’t angry at you guys!
I typed that with a smile.
Only that part though.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:15 pm

It’s been inspected.
I threw their own inspection paperwork back in their face after they lied and said it wasn’t inspected.

Now they will have the recipient re-bring the items in and do the process all over again. And although it was double the strength of one of their mailing boxes, they will eventually steal my money.

I specifically asked the recipient to inspect the package before signing. I specifically got $500 worth of insurance a little bit more than the value, so he would have to sign for it in front of a US post office person. The genius signed for the damaged box. And let the post office person walk away.
People…