The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
zeuscarver
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:12 pm

I could use a little help here, sorry so long:

Bought a phish poster.. had a couple dings in photos but I wanted it.
Seller ships in oversize tube without and padding/paper.. way more damaged than described.
I tell seller I want refund and to send me a return shipping label.

Seller (400+ feedback selling) 'can't figure out' how to issue a return shipping label..
Seller asks me to send it back signature required and that seller needs my paypal email to reimburse me.

I haven't had to issue return shipping label on any of my sales.. do any of you know how i can talk this 'expert seller' through how to issue me one?

I have a decent feeling that I'll get my money back, but seller should have my email from receiving payment, right? seems mildly fishy
cotis
Art Expert

Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:16 pm

zeuscarver wrote:

Seller ships in oversize tube without and padding/paper.. way more damaged than described.

Seller (400+ feedback selling) 'can't figure out' how to issue a return shipping label..
Seller asks me to send it back signature required and that seller needs my paypal email to reimburse me.

I haven't had to issue return shipping label on any of my sales.. do any of you know how i can talk this 'expert seller' through how to issue me one?

I have a decent feeling that I'll get my money back, but seller should have my email from receiving payment, right? seems mildly fishy
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/manag ... rs?id=4703
zeuscarver
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:25 pm

thanks cotis. guess i could have searched that one out.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:01 pm

Bought a print from a dude in France. Terribly packed in triangle box....print destroyed. I request a refund to which he says he has to find out about insurance before the refund can be issued. Frenchy then says he has another he can ship as replacement which would come in an actual tube. Any bets on whether he asks me to pay for shipping?.

If / when that happens I will just escalate the refund and take my money back.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
cotis
Art Expert

Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:20 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Bought a print from a dude in France. Terribly packed in triangle box....print destroyed. I request a refund to which he says he has to find out about insurance before the refund can be issued. Frenchy then says he has another he can ship as replacement which would come in an actual tube. Any bets on whether he asks me to pay for shipping?.

not postersfromfrance, is it?
xangelx
Art Expert

Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:09 pm

cotis wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:16 pm
zeuscarver wrote:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/manag ... rs?id=4703
Also you can just file a claim with ebay for item not as described. It will make him provide a return label and show him how and will also give him a nice easy button he can click to issue your refund.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:22 pm

cotis wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:20 pm
jjttdw wrote:

not postersfromfrance, is it?
Nope 8thStreet_27
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:23 pm

xangelx wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:09 pm

Also you can just file a claim with ebay for item not as described. It will make him provide a return label and show him how and will also give him a nice easy button he can click to issue your refund.
^^This. Easiest way really. Initiate a return.
juxtaposedprints

Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:30 pm

PSA: based on feedback... looks like a name that should be added to blocked list

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/mital6
email: juxtaposedprints@gmail.com
IG / UAA / ebay = juxtaposedprints
FB: Juxtaposed Prints (juxtaposed.prints)
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:48 pm

Am I the only one that has started having labels purchased through ebay print about half size all of a sudden? Not sure what gives but its super annoying
bigmuls
Art Expert

Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:50 pm

I sold a print to someone in Italy today and he asked me to send him "info for wire bank transfer with bic swift code". I've read that wire transfer is a common way people pay on eBay in Europe, but I'm not familiar with how to do this. Looking for advice regarding whether this is an acceptable way to get paid and also how to do it.
Thanks
olly12
Art Enthusiast

Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:50 am

bigmuls wrote:
I sold a print to someone in Italy today and he asked me to send him "info for wire bank transfer with bic swift code". I've read that wire transfer is a common way people pay on eBay in Europe, but I'm not familiar with how to do this. Looking for advice regarding whether this is an acceptable way to get paid and also how to do it.
Thanks
Hi , I live in France (not the guy being talked about above....) and yes this is a common form of payment in europe . It's just a direct transfer from his account to yours . He will need your IBAN (international bank account number) which is about 23 digits long composed of letters and numbers and the bic identifies the bank and where it is etc. We have a page at the back of our cheque books (yes they still use those here) called the RIB (relevé identité bancaire) with all the bank and account information on it that we can give to people to make a payment to us. If you give him this he can send you the money directly . Hope this helps.
cotis
Art Expert

Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:31 am

wouldn't there also be wire fees associated with it that you'd get hit with?
olly12
Art Enthusiast

Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:08 pm

Sometimes , depends on the bank. You'd have to check beforehand to make sure they get covered by the buyer. They seem to trust it much more over here as opposed to PayPal etc.
bigmuls
Art Expert

Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:10 pm

olly12 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:50 am
bigmuls wrote:
Thanks
Hi , I live in France (not the guy being talked about above....) and yes this is a common form of payment in europe . It's just a direct transfer from his account to yours . He will need your IBAN (international bank account number) which is about 23 digits long composed of letters and numbers and the bic identifies the bank and where it is etc. We have a page at the back of our cheque books (yes they still use those here) called the RIB (relevé identité bancaire) with all the bank and account information on it that we can give to people to make a payment to us. If you give him this he can send you the money directly . Hope this helps.
Great, thanks for the info!