ygolohcysp wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:20 pm
Imatruck wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:41 pm
ygolohcysp wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:35 pm
The print showed up damaged. you drymounted up
no...I didn't.
You said he could send it back if he wasn't happy? And now you don't want to take it back when he's not happy? You did indeed drymount up.

All the other details aside... This is where you need to come through with your end of the deal.
And yeah it's some bullshit. This isn't a popularity contest, it's one person that went back on their word and another person getting screwed because of it.
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:56 am

After reading both sides, the only time I've ever slightly damaged a print from removing it from a tube if it was packed without paper and it was pressing against the inside of the tube. With both parties being vets in the print game, packing was likely done just fine, but I am leaning towards the cap doing the damage when truck stuck it on there, although he said there was plenty of clearance on both ends of the tube. It's weird because typical cap damage affects more along the edge too.

Regardless, this should not be the buyer's issue.
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
canuck
Art Freak

Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:47 am

What's with the nose bleed photos of the dings trucky boy?
morecoffee
Art Expert

Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:37 am

One time I got a damaged poster a few times.
I don't remember what happen next.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:31 am

tldr

and all you cackling hens with your "opinions" ... luls

Thread is the first time I've seen X pop his head out of his turdhole in months though and it reminded me how much better this place is without him posting all the time. :lol:
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:15 am

can we agree that putting toilet paper, a little piece of bubble wrap, or anything else besides a poster properly wrapped in kraft paper inside the tube is dumb and many times just causes new damage??
jojobadass
Art God

I just followed an amish guy walking through the dunkin' donuts drive-thru.

For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
chalkdust
Art Expert

Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:17 am

did he pay with farmed goods, or livestock?
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:19 am

Have you ever had amish baked goods? no way he is eating at dunkin, maybe grabbing a coffee
jojobadass
Art God

Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:29 am

I like the sand tarts
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
morecoffee
Art Expert

Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:30 am

jojobadass wrote:
I just followed an amish guy walking through the dunkin' donuts drive-thru.

I guess his horse was inside using the bathroom.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:41 am

I didn't know that they would let you walk the drive through. I had a friend who used to hail a cab after the bars closed in Chicago to go through the Taco Bell drive thru after her drunk ass was denied service in an attempt to walk through
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
turnJBup
Art Freak

Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:43 am

Are you going to make this right Mark?
Please do.
I did nothing to deserve all this.
Thanks.

And thank you to the people who are trying to help.
Still love this place...
finneganm
Art Freak

Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:01 pm

Nobody cares, but here’s my two cents:

The existing damage seems minimal to me. I wouldn’t have called it mint, but I always roll my eyes really hard when someone wants a discount on a minor edge issue that you can’t see from two feet away or would get framed out (or even better is not visible on the front).

That being said, in all of the times I’ve ever shipped something that ended up with issues, either that I didn’t notice or were somehow caused in transit that could not be pinned on USPS, I’ve always offered a discount/refund or taken the poster back. In this hobby, you kind of have to. Luckily it hadn’t happened often, but it always sucks. Unfortunately it’s the only way to keep things honest here.

Edit- I would say in regards to the minor edge issues, I always inspect/send photos when I trade, but I don’t bust out a magnifying glass. I’m reasonable.
That's what she said
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:26 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:41 am
I didn't know that they would let you walk the drive through. I had a friend who used to hail a cab after the bars closed in Chicago to go through the Taco Bell drive thru after her drunk ass was denied service in an attempt to walk through
Yep, years ago, I was refused service at the window because I wasn’t in a vehicle. But then it worked numerous times before and a few times after.