EMEK crazies

General art-related discussion.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:38 pm

Try. Go buy a zippo. Well, you’ll have to buy two. The first time will be to register. Believe me, it’s faster. Much, I would say.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:49 pm

acidburn wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:26 pm
bubbie wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:11 pm
Cool. Sounds like I will have an edge on the next Emek drop if there will ever be one, lol.

Thanks for chiming in, Joe. People gonna people. Any thoughts on bots and ShopPay though?

I saw it at a couple of other shops today. It sure seems to be catching on.

I think basically all shops use shop pay for the most part but when you want to purchase something quick and its for something in demand, judging by the emails we receive on our side we have noticed it to slow people down. People want to turn it off immediately.

You might be the first person since it was an option to actually compliment it. Doesn't mean people don't use it but we definitely have never received a hey wow shop pay scored me something in a second emails nor do I see anyone post about it on social media.
Interesting. The first time was somewhat confusing with the code, I guess. It’s a bliss afterward. Unless the text gets delayed somehow. We will see how it works on high demand drops.

Maybe things work different on devices other than iPhone.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:17 pm

Just the action of looking at my phone to see the code would take me longer than the two clicks it now takes to fill in my payment info. Not to mention the multiple keystrokes to enter the code.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:18 pm

The email auto fills. And so does the code. You don’t even know you received the text yet when you can auto fill it. The whole process takes a couple of seconds, literally.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:31 pm

I should note, I guess, to make it clear, that I am talking about buying on the phone, not a laptop/desktop computer.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:42 pm

acidburn wrote:
bubbie wrote:
Cool. Sounds like I will have an edge on the next Emek drop if there will ever be one, lol.

Thanks for chiming in, Joe. People gonna people. Any thoughts on bots and ShopPay though?

I think basically all shops use shop pay for the most part but when you want to purchase something quick and its for something in demand, judging by the emails we receive on our side we have noticed it to slow people down. People want to turn it off immediately.

You might be the first person since it was an option to actually compliment it. Doesn't mean people don't use it but we definitely have never received a hey wow shop pay scored me something in a second emails nor do I see anyone post about it on social media.
Also, do people intentionally choose this method of payment among others and then complain? It’s not like this the only mandatory way to pay. If you are on anything other than your phone and choosing this method during a drop, you are bound to fail. On the phone, on the other hand, not so much. We will see.

Probably the reason people don’t talk about it is because I haven’t seen much of it other than very recently. Maybe it was there, but I haven’t noticed it. People tend to go with the old ways that work probably has something to with it too. I think this can work better though.

I feel like shopify should be sending me a cheque any minute now for advertising. Luls.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:56 pm

Anything that requires me to use the phone to buy is already a nope (unless of course I can only try on the phone for whatever reason).
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:33 pm

bubbie wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:42 pm
acidburn wrote:
bubbie wrote:

Also, do people intentionally choose this method of payment among others and then complain? It’s not like this the only mandatory way to pay. If you are on anything other than your phone and choosing this method during a drop, you are bound to fail. On the phone, on the other hand, not so much. We will see.

Probably the reason people don’t talk about it is because I haven’t seen much of it other than very recently. Maybe it was there, but I haven’t noticed it. People tend to go with the old ways that work probably has something to with it too. I think this can work better though.

I feel like shopify should be sending me a cheque any minute now for advertising. Luls.
haha i was thinking about how much you get paid to advertise this.

It's been there for years and I feel like some people are automatically signed up for it? The emails we get are from people who have no clue what it is and why shopify is sending them texts. The way to disable it is by doing a mock checkout
canuck
Art Freak

Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:34 pm

bubbie wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:06 am
Duh.

P. S. At least we don’t try for those where shipping outside of Europe is not an option and then complain about it.

Aint my fault they marketed it like fudge in more than one way. Plus I have friends and don't sit around on eb all day?
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:09 pm

canuck wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:34 pm
bubbie wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:06 am
Duh.

P. S. At least we don’t try for those where shipping outside of Europe is not an option and then complain about it.

Plus I have friends and don't sit around on eb all day?
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:16 pm

Yeah and I have so many girlfriends and get so much pussy I dont have time to be on here either.

BTW its 11:16 on a Saturday and I am face deep in so much muff.

The ladies love it when I post on mesageboards as i slay the beaver.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:15 pm

The Public Enemy variant is back in stock if anyone is interested:

https://www.bbgcheckout.com/collections ... iant-print
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:58 pm

Received public enemy today. Didn’t open yet. It was sent via ups. $6 in taxes had to be paid. The brokerage fee they charged to collect the six dolares was 32 drymounting dollars. Ain’t no way I would have bought knowing that ups is going to be used. Not necessarily because of $32 (though I would probably pass if that was incorporated into the price) but mainly because drymount ups!

Edit: this is on me, of course; not on the gallery.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:00 pm

Also, was shipped flat, as expected.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:28 am

Opened the package. Solid packaging all the way, except for the end (or the begging? Lol). The print was placed on a piece of cardboard of the same size, then placed into an oversized sleeve, the sleeve was taped inside a cardboard sandwich, which was inside of a flat box, which, in turn, was inside of another flat box. The problem arises where there is that unnecessary piece of cardboard inside an oversized sleeve, allowing print to move and “overhang”, drymounting up the corners. So if you are looking for crispy corners, look elsewhere. I would just use the sleeve and skip the cardboard. Or fold the sleeve to size before taping.

It’s a nice concept and print. The smell is decent too.

Did I mention drymount UPS though?

Edit: also, will have to use whiteout or something on the “emek.net 2020” in the middle of the bottom.