USPS woes :(

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Bryman
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:47 pm

Have ya paid your dues, Jack? Yessir, the check is in the mail.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:53 pm

^ Yeah. I actually didn’t even think about it before southerngarden made his post.
southerngarden wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:18 pm
Could it really be ANY clearer that Trump appointed another asshat to a position where he doesnt belong just to slow down the mail in attempt to disrupt the whole mail-in ballot process?
southerngarden
Art Expert

Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:16 pm

bubbie wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:53 pm
^ Yeah. I actually didn’t even think about it before southerngarden made his post.
southerngarden wrote:
Could it really be ANY clearer that Trump appointed another asshat to a position where he doesnt belong just to slow down the mail in attempt to disrupt the whole mail-in ballot process?
yeah, you're pretty lucky you live in Canada.
things here are soooo much worse than people realize, and I live in Florida.
even IF we avoid four more years of his terror somehow by voting him out of office (and hopefully putting him in prison when his taxes come out) Trump's evil deeds will be affecting our country for decades to come. he is literally a cancer in our country and he has made sure to spread his evil into every possible branch of our government. branches that we don't vote on and that last much longer than four years. im not religious, but im praying that RBG can hang on for just another few months!
Sluggotimmy
Art Enthusiast

Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:27 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:47 pm
I have shipped exclusively USPS for over a decade, I send out a fair amount of packages each week. Average week is 40-50. They have never lost a package - sometimes they get damaged, but fudge happens. They hand over the $100 that comes with usps priority without an argument every time. I don't buy insurance because that's just silly. Pack like the champion you are and trust the process. I'm far, far, into the black vs. if I had been buying insurance for every package all these years. What a waste of money that would have been.
I'll be the devil's advocate here that I'm unfortunately on the other side of this with USPS now. Just did a BIG trade with another member on here a month ago, which we each insured $2000 for on our respective sides, which was supposed to come with Signature confirmation as we were sending through Priority Mail and were told that was included for items insured that high. My package got through to my guy, but the prints he sent my way were marked as "delivered" but a no-show at my apartment. After several back and forth visits to my local post office I came to learn that:

- The Mail Carrier dropped off my package at the incorrect apartment
- They did NOT get a Signature Confirmation on it
- When trying to recover it two days later, the tenants of the other apartment claimed they never saw a package left in front of their apartment

So I've been spending the last month now trying to jump through multiple appeals hoops with USPS, and it's looking like despite having purchased $2000 in insurance on the package, and the loss being completely USPS' fault (which I got a signed letter from my local post office fully detailing and corroborating my story), it looks like USPS is very likely to outright deny our insurance claim, simply because we didn't have a receipt showing a $2000 purchase (we tried drafting a paid invoice declaring the value, but no dice).

It's a total mess, so yeah, I won't ever be sending anything high-value through USPS again, and don't see myself likewise ever doing any poster trades again without money being sent as collateral to make a paper trail otherwise.
Bryman
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:44 pm

southerngarden wrote:
I live in Florida.
My condolences.
Bryman
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:45 pm

Sluggotimmy wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:27 pm
I'll be the devil's advocate here that I'm unfortunately on the other side of this with USPS now. Just did a BIG trade with another member on here a month ago, which we each insured $2000 for on our respective sides, which was supposed to come with Signature confirmation as we were sending through Priority Mail and were told that was included for items insured that high. My package got through to my guy, but the prints he sent my way were marked as "delivered" but a no-show at my apartment. After several back and forth visits to my local post office I came to learn that:

- The Mail Carrier dropped off my package at the incorrect apartment
- They did NOT get a Signature Confirmation on it
- When trying to recover it two days later, the tenants of the other apartment claimed they never saw a package left in front of their apartment

So I've been spending the last month now trying to jump through multiple appeals hoops with USPS, and it's looking like despite having purchased $2000 in insurance on the package, and the loss being completely USPS' fault (which I got a signed letter from my local post office fully detailing and corroborating my story), it looks like USPS is very likely to outright deny our insurance claim, simply because we didn't have a receipt showing a $2000 purchase (we tried drafting a paid invoice declaring the value, but no dice).

It's a total mess, so yeah, I won't ever be sending anything high-value through USPS again, and don't see myself likewise ever doing any poster trades again without money being sent as collateral to make a paper trail otherwise.
Damn dude, that’s drymounting brutal. Sorry man.
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:16 pm

Radsack79 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:12 pm
trarex wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:50 pm
If my prints stays in LA any longer I'll have to start paying rent .
This. Have had one stuck there since June 23rd.
Geez!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
electrachrome
Site Admin

Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:00 pm

southerngarden wrote:
I have two tubes out there that were supposed to be delivered on Monday and are still just "in transit, arriving late"...two good people on here waiting for tubes that I sent out. my reputation is on the line, and I don't take that lightly here in this community. both tubes were heading to the mid-west from Florida so I assume that they would have to pass through the Chicago hub?? from the recent posts ive read in this thread im not very optimistic...Chicago is just a black hole now?
I had 2 go dark on Monday that were shipped last week (out of 11 tubes sent). one just popped back up and was delivered today.
no issues sending up and down the eastern coast or all the way out west ...but "the middle" has been hit or miss.

As long as you stay in communication, I think everyone will understand. these are weird times
guryter
Art Expert

Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:45 pm

I had a tube take three weeks to get delivered to me. I could have driven to the place in under an hour. Even better is it was sent out with two other tubes that arrived 2 days after being sent.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:05 pm

Part of claiming the insurance is having proof of purchase. If you're going to trade and insure both sides you need to exchange money or it's worthless. That sucks but those are the rules when you buy the insurance, if you don't have a receipt showing you or the recipient paid the amount that you insured it for then you're SOL.

If you tried to draft an invoice after the fact you're definitely just gonna get denied.
southerngarden
Art Expert

Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:27 pm

Bryman wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:44 pm
southerngarden wrote:
I live in Florida.
My condolences.
Thanks. Down here the old saying “WTF (What The F@ck)” is now “Welcome To Florida”.

My wife and I are very very lucky And fortunate though. We own a boat and currently have a freezer full of fresh caught lobster tails. In fact, I’m almost sick of lobster. If anyone wants a fresh lobster dinner overnighted to them, just check my ISOs.
Bryman
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:37 pm

Lol.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:04 am

not even the government has faith in USPS :lol:
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:35 am

Grateful69Phish wrote:
Whatever you are smoking send some my way. The government is actively sabotaging the USPS. have you been paying attention?
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:25 am

ygolohcysp wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:35 am
Grateful69Phish wrote:
Whatever you are smoking send some my way. The government is actively sabotaging the USPS. have you been paying attention?
and you dont think they have problems?

massive --- leadership is weak
selling rigged insurance that any regualr business would be sued to high heaven