Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:43 am

Luls. I don't have it our for AZ in particular, just all the dumbfuck states that aren't taking the face covering fudge seriously. It has been known for a long time dat aerosol transmission is the primary way this fudge spreads.

P.S. Had a good time the last time I was out in AZ in muh college days. Would visit again.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
fredo
Art God

Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:53 am

ygolohcysp wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:42 pm
Bubbie you didn't hear? The numbers are a ruse, hospitals are pumping them up because China pays for every patient! Everything is fine, it's just going to go away
You can quit talking to yourselves any time now.
just a foil for me today, thanks
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:05 am

fredo wrote:
ygolohcysp wrote:
Bubbie you didn't hear? The numbers are a ruse, hospitals are pumping them up because China pays for every patient! Everything is fine, it's just going to go away
You can quit being a rooster.
fredo
Art God

Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:25 am

I like peanut butter; do you ski?
just a foil for me today, thanks
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:09 am

Ya' get way more bang for your buck living here. Especially, real estate.

Living downtown is getting pricey. Historical homes are plentiful downtown (much history) and carry a hefty price. New apartments going up all around my building... 1 bdrm flat across the street going for nearly $2K a month.
Codeblue wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:43 am
P.S. Had a good time the last time I was out in AZ in muh college days. Would visit again.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:09 pm

Monkey Christ 2.0
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53141755

P.S. Baumgartner Restoration Chicago has a really great youtube channel if anyone's interested in this type of fudge.

Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:32 pm

Luls. A copy? WGAF.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:02 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:12 pm
They'll close fudge as capacity gets close to being met (ahem Houston), but not until then.
Dat would be too late though, wouldn’t it? And from what I read, that point is quite near in many places.

You guys aren’t doing too great yourselves there in the greatest state in the country.

The “strategy”, if there is one in place at all, of opening up way too early and unprepared, waiting until the capacity is met, and then shutting down again isn’t a very smart one. Most smaller businesses aren’t set up for opening and shutting down; there are costs involved that many, I would assume, can only afford once. Thus, the second shutdown will be permanent for many. I guess that doesn’t matter though because they are beyond this point anyway.

Also, one would think this is going to be a way more expensive and long, loooong road to follow. Much longer than doing things “normally”, ie shut down, “flatten the curve”, get prepared, and open up gradually. Time will show.

Interestingly, the herd immunity strategy that Sweden chose as the solution doesn’t seem to be paying off for them. From what I read, their economy took a hit about the same as their neighbours, they have shitload more dead, and the last research suggested that the percentage of population with antibodies sat at around 7.5% in Stockholm back in May, which compared to about 5% in most of the rest of the Europe (would be interesting to see that number for Italy). The Swedish officials and their medical advisors said that they had expected that percentage to be closer to 25-30, if I recall correctly.

The whole thing reminds me February-March when pretty much every medical professional was saying the storm is coming and we need to get prepared, while the guberment was shrugging it off. The only difference is that now we know for sure what happens when common sense isn’t followed. Go figure.

An interesting article (or so I thought) from CBC today: The lessons Canada can take from the U.S.'s mishandling of COVID-19

It’s pretty obvious where it is heading (graphic from the article):

IWish wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:15 pm
I doubt they'll shutdown. They'll probably transport patients to other hospitals (nearby cities) before they shutdown again. JMO.

Texas lieutenant governor, Dan Patrick. In the Texas lieutenant governor's mind, senior citizens in the US should be ready to make the ultimate sacrifice.

Yeah. Like I said, they're saying to us..."just die already." drymounters.
Honestly, I don’t think it is possible if things don’t slow down on their own and hopefully they will; recent experience suggests that hope isn’t something to rely on in this situation. One can’t say we have to move on and everything will be fine if bodies start piling up like they did elsewhere.

Regardless, good luck to you all and don’t travel to Canada, please :)

fredo wrote:
ygolohcysp wrote:
Don’t have anything to contribute/don’t want to participate in the discussion, then drymount off.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:04 pm

sixstringer wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:09 pm
Monkey Christ 2.0
Luls. Wasn’t there one like that a few years ago?

Edit: Missed the point 2.0 part. Luls.
pj101ca
Art Expert

Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:18 pm

Hey Blue, can I stay on your yacht till this whole covid thing blows over ?
mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:38 pm

pj101ca wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:18 pm
Hey Blue, can I stay in your Subaru Prius till this whole covid thing blows over ?
Fixed and It’s going to be a long stay, lol.
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:39 am

Way in the beginning of this pandemic, that man in the WH, questioned his med experts: "Why don't we just let this "wash over" the country? I translated, "wash over" to mean herd immunity. Fauci changed his mind about that. I'm gonna' say that's how he wanted to handle the pandemic. So, here we are just waiting to get herded.

There's not much we can do, bubbie; other than, stay home, wear PPE, etc. The main dude ain't got our backs. For that matter, WHO and CDC didn't have our backs either...by LYING to the public regarding the use of face coverings in the beginning. Don't get me started on that! Heh.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:13 pm

The almighty dollar and re-elections are the driving factors in opening up in the red states (and most blue). Once re-opening started there was no way to stop it without losing votes and contributions. The issue is there is no leadership in this country anymore. trump doesn’t care, dump it on states. States dump it on counties. Counties dump it on cities. Cities dump it on local business.

A federally mandated public mask requirement would go a long way to ease some confusion on this. But, we have trump.

We need to step up testing and expand the number of testing sites. But, we have trump

We need calm, reasoned messages from our leadership. But, we have trump.

Can you imagine if he gets a second term? drymounting doomsday scenario could be playing out.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:16 pm

Wait, where is the politics thread? Why is this in random posts?
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:36 am

IWish wrote:
Way in the beginning of this pandemic, that man in the WH, questioned his med experts: "Why don't we just let this "wash over" the country? I translated, "wash over" to mean herd immunity. Fauci changed his mind about that. I'm gonna' say that's how he wanted to handle the pandemic. So, here we are just waiting to get herded.
I don’t want to get into the political side of things because the mods and fin were pretty clear they don’t want politics on this forum. So I will try to stick with just COVID, which I think is interesting, important, and fair game.

It appears that there is consistently more and more evidence that herd immunity ain’t going to work, or at the least it is definitely not the best way to proceed. There was an article at CBC today about yet another study that also suggests it isn’t necessarily going to work. The study is from China, but it looks like it was already peer-reviewed.

CBC: Asymptomatic COVID-19 findings dim hopes for 'herd immunity' and 'immunity passports'

While I agree that we are all still going in the blind for the most part, it seems to me that, even without considering the additional mortalities and strictly monetary speaking, herd immunity is a more costly way of dealing with this pandemic. I guess time will tell.

Right now, in my opinion, many places in the world, even some of those that had been hit pretty hard, are throwing the freshly learned lessons under the rag and blindly (or even worse in plain sight?) stepping in a huge pile of fudge again “hoping” they won’t get dirty.

IWish wrote:
There's not much we can do, bubbie; other than, stay home, wear PPE, etc. The main dude ain't got our backs. For that matter, WHO and CDC didn't have our backs either...by LYING to the public regarding the use of face coverings in the beginning. Don't get me started on that! Heh.
It’s unfortunate and I understand. However, I think it is people themselves who make decisions to not wear a mask where distancing isn’t possible, fill up a beach, a bar, soon a movie theatre, etc. I wrote in the other, now deleted thread, way in the beginning of this thing, why not act responsibly and accordingly on the individual level instead of waiting for the forced shutdowns, etc. It still applies today; perhaps, even more so. I do get the fact the leadership is supposed to be leading, but what happened to common sense and individual responsibility for oneself and one’s society? That’s what I don’t get. Especially, when certain individuals go an extra mile and effort to prove their ignorance by sneaking into another country that clearly had chosen another approach to solving the problem.

Similarly to the latter, we have a bunch of people here in Alberta who were going deep sea fishing to Prince Rupert, BC while the residents of Prince Rupert didn’t want them there. In that case there were no travel restrictions, only recommendations against it, but nonetheless. Where is common sense and simple respect?

While I believe the WHO dropped the ball on other things, I don’t believe they were lying about the face coverings. They simply worked with the knowledge they had at the time.

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:16 pm
Wait, where is the politics thread? Why is this in random posts?
Lol.

I agree with your points, but also what I said above.

If anyone is interested in the subject, there was a pretty good read in The Globe and Mail the other day. It is fairy long, but easy to read.

Why is COVID-19 so much more dangerous to men? This Canadian geneticist has a personal stake in finding out