The Josh Keyes Thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
mattlew69
Art Expert
Posts: 8614
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Midwest

Fri May 01, 2020 12:22 am

fortissimowah wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:58 am
IronBott wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:14 pm
been a while I saw a Keyes sell that fast
There is 0% chance this sold out. You can still get his "Tin Can" print from them for $350 (originally $200). This print will be in their vault for years as they try to flip their own fudge. I can't stand this type of business.
Not much different than a tiered pricing system that a lot of galleries use.

Sure it sucks, so buy the print you like, when it first gets released.

I always laugh at their vault prices. Same with Graffiti Prints.

That's their business model, it seems to work and they make it work in Detroit.
Image
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53272
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Fri May 01, 2020 1:04 am

I'm always surprised they're still in business especially with some artists saying they've been stiffed or had other issues. I assume that's why the caliber of the artists who work with them has gone way down in recent years.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
mattlew69
Art Expert
Posts: 8614
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Midwest

Fri May 01, 2020 2:44 pm

They seem to be using more local talent lately. Not sure if they can bring the big name artists back into the city.
Image
fortissimowah
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:23 pm

Fri May 08, 2020 11:26 pm

mattlew69 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:22 am
fortissimowah wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:58 am
IronBott wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:14 pm
been a while I saw a Keyes sell that fast
There is 0% chance this sold out. You can still get his "Tin Can" print from them for $350 (originally $200). This print will be in their vault for years as they try to flip their own fudge. I can't stand this type of business.
Not much different than a tiered pricing system that a lot of galleries use.

Sure it sucks, so buy the print you like, when it first gets released.

I always laugh at their vault prices. Same with Graffiti Prints.

That's their business model, it seems to work and they make it work in Detroit.
it is similar, but there's an honesty about someone telling you up front that they're going to rob you :P
User avatar
heyitsdrew
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:39 am

Tue May 19, 2020 2:19 pm

Still waiting for my 'Goodbye' to ship, anyone got theirs yet?
Someone sell me your Eelus raven haired or dress up.
User avatar
robertozanzi
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 720
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:09 pm
Location: Miami Beach

Tue May 19, 2020 2:46 pm

heyitsdrew wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:19 pm
Still waiting for my 'Goodbye' to ship, anyone got theirs yet?
Estimated shipping date was 5/12, but my account still says "this item has not yet shipped".
User avatar
ottomatik71
Art Expert
Posts: 8493
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:14 am

From the protest here in Richmond VA, as if a Josh Keyes painting came to life:



Image

Image
jamel-d
Art Freak
Posts: 10526
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Jersey

Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:22 am

ottomatik71 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:14 am
From the protest here in Richmond VA, as if a Josh Keyes painting came to life:



Image

Image
Post of the day. Well said. Thanks for sharing.
THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16,17,18,19
User avatar
maddog76
Flipper
Posts: 1905
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:00 am

Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:57 am

How did they decide to only tag pedestal?
User avatar
ottomatik71
Art Expert
Posts: 8493
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:00 pm

I’d assume they didn’t have ladders with them.
They are very tall.
They need to be removed anyway. But our lame city council keep dragging their feet on the subject.
Maybe placed in our Daughters of the Confederacy museum?
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8581
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:18 pm

ottomatik71 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:14 am
From the protest here in Richmond VA, as if a Josh Keyes painting came to life:



Image

Image
i lived in richmond for a bit. a few blocks from those statues. so glad to see these defaced. they are drymounting trash and need to be removed.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
ygolohcysp
Art Expert
Posts: 1033
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:57 pm

Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:27 pm

ottomatik71 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:00 pm
I’d assume they didn’t have ladders with them.
They are very tall.
They need to be removed anyway. But our lame city council keep dragging their feet on the subject.
Maybe placed in our Daughters of the Confederacy museum?
Thanks for posting those pics, pretty interesting stuff.
A public relations nightmare

SLAPPED WITH FLIPPING
User avatar
sixstringer
Art Expert
Posts: 7321
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:29 pm

Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:59 am

Agree. Thanks for sharing the pics Ottomatik!
User avatar
wizdom
Art Expert
Posts: 3441
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:32 am
Location: NYC

Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:18 pm

ottomatik71 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:14 am
From the protest here in Richmond VA, as if a Josh Keyes painting came to life:
thanks for sharing those. they would sure look good as a print :shock:
Image
Image
User avatar
squalie
Art Expert
Posts: 1699
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:49 pm
Location: COS

Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:29 pm

Post Reply