What on the current EB site needs fixing?

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
RelaxingDragon
Art Expert

Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:36 pm

I ask every blue moon, so I figure I'll ask again: any chance of the size search function being fixed? That is to say, when I try to search by specific dimensions, every single time, no matter what I enter, it ignores what I enter and just shows every single print in the database as a result. Been like this for years and years now.
Evolution
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 27, 2020 1:11 pm

Is anybody here thinking about / working on a mobile app? I realize (or think anyway) that this is all volunteer time, so that’s a big ask. But among the various sites competing for attention in this space, I feel like a mobile app would be a game changer. I took photos of my collection a couple weeks back, and just swiping through them in Photos is SUCH a nice experience relative to anything that’s currently available. You just need the ability to see your portfolio, update your Collection/WT/ISO, and receive push notification for new trade/sale alerts or new art alerts. I feel like most of the heavy lifting is already done with the backend being in place. Live chat/DM would be icing.

I’m not a developer, but I lead product for a fintech company... and I’ve previously worked on digital trading card apps, which obviously have huge parallels to this domain. I’d be happy to provide some mocks, specs, and lend a hand doing QA for a mobile effort. 🤷🏻‍♂️
papaver
Tech Team Member

Wed May 27, 2020 7:44 pm

Evolution wrote:
Is anybody here thinking about / working on a mobile app? I realize (or think anyway) that this is all volunteer time, so that’s a big ask. But among the various sites competing for attention in this space, I feel like a mobile app would be a game changer. I took photos of my collection a couple weeks back, and just swiping through them in Photos is SUCH a nice experience relative to anything that’s currently available. You just need the ability to see your portfolio, update your Collection/WT/ISO, and receive push notification for new trade/sale alerts or new art alerts. I feel like most of the heavy lifting is already done with the backend being in place. Live chat/DM would be icing.

I’m not a developer, but I lead product for a fintech company... and I’ve previously worked on digital trading card apps, which obviously have huge parallels to this domain. I’d be happy to provide some mocks, specs, and lend a hand doing QA for a mobile effort. 🤷🏻‍♂️
it's not the ideas we are lacking but the volunteer man hours to implement them. i give the authors of the site credit for building it, but the site was not built with modularity or refactoring in mind. i doubt a mobile app is "worth" the time and effort. though a mobile compatible website would certainly make sense in the long run.
papaver
Tech Team Member

Wed May 27, 2020 7:45 pm

RelaxingDragon wrote:
I ask every blue moon, so I figure I'll ask again: any chance of the size search function being fixed? That is to say, when I try to search by specific dimensions, every single time, no matter what I enter, it ignores what I enter and just shows every single print in the database as a result. Been like this for years and years now.
i'll add it to my list.
Evolution
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 27, 2020 8:15 pm

papaver wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 7:44 pm
Evolution wrote:

it's not the ideas we are lacking but the volunteer man hours to implement them. i give the authors of the site credit for building it, but the site was not built with modularity or refactoring in mind. i doubt a mobile app is "worth" the time and effort. though a mobile compatible website would certainly make sense in the long run.
Fair enough. Definitely appreciate all the work that’s gone it to getting this place running and stable again. Thanks for all you and the other volunteers do.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed May 27, 2020 11:19 pm

papaver wrote:
RelaxingDragon wrote:
i'll add it to my list.
Yer the fuggin man. If ya had more ISOs I might actually send ya something for keeping this steaming pile of dookie afloat in the bowl.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu May 28, 2020 1:36 am

^ I concur. Theprrfecttree is also on fire the past few days.
papaver
Tech Team Member

Thu May 28, 2020 2:13 am

RelaxingDragon wrote:
fixed.
papaver
Tech Team Member

Thu May 28, 2020 2:13 am

Codeblue wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:19 pm
papaver wrote:
RelaxingDragon wrote:
i'll add it to my list.
Yer the fuggin man. If ya had more ISOs I might actually send ya something for keeping this steaming pile of dookie afloat in the bowl.
hah. i'll keep that in mind. keep the broken fudge coming.
theperfecttree
EB Team

Thu May 28, 2020 11:58 am

papaver wrote:
RelaxingDragon wrote:
i'll add it to my list.
fudge.. looks like it's already fixed https://expressobeans.com/public/search ... ze=18x24~1

papaver also updated the Class dropdown so Cinema is no longer buried somewhere in the middle

:clap:
cotis
Art Expert

Thu May 28, 2020 6:41 pm

papaver 2020. you got my vote
cotis
Art Expert

Fri May 29, 2020 1:41 am

on Kilian Eng artist page... this is missing.

papaver
Tech Team Member

Fri May 29, 2020 12:20 pm

cotis wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:41 am
on Kilian Eng artist page... this is missing.

strange indeed. will take a look, thanks for the info.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:24 pm

Why is Open Market on top now? Did I miss something?
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
theperfecttree
EB Team

Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:23 am

pretty sure at this point papaver has fixed all the email issues. ISO notifications, art approvals, login issues, ect. :clap:
KSUvet wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:24 pm
Why is Open Market on top now? Did I miss something?
that was my bad.. was messing with forum settings and didn't realized I moved the order. thanks for letting us know. fixed