Bottleneck Gallery News/Rumors!

General art-related discussion.
Phwap

Fri May 22, 2020 2:20 pm

beetlejuice wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:18 pm
So using a VPN means it's a bot now?

I didn't buy anything just curious if that's the theory.
Not even a VPN just straight up internet at my place of business. Maybe the ISP does some VPN behind the scenes that I'm not aware of but who knows.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri May 22, 2020 2:25 pm

appears posters are for the unemployed these days ....

from what I'm reading this isnt a rational way to determine anything really
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri May 22, 2020 2:27 pm

beetlejuice wrote:

Our software picks up anything over a certain mileage away. However or whatever is used, it will cancel and restock.

The issue is that some of you guys use whatever during higher profile releases like this but during the week when you aren't, we are getting hit so hard by all this other software and I'm not going to get into how it affecting us but its not fun. I have a kid calling me daddy randomly for the last month. I wake up to an email saying hi daddy every day like clockwork. So we need to do something our side and honestly what it is that we are doing is working because out of almost 1,650 prints, 0 are on ebay.
nevadinova
Art Expert

Fri May 22, 2020 2:32 pm

acidburn wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:12 pm
Phwap wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:08 pm
Mine got cancelled because I ordered from work and my business internet is showing an IP from out of my area. Contacted them and was pretty much told I'm SOL. Hope the rest of you have better luck.
Most of the canceled orders are people from here in the states ordering from the Philippines .
Would probably behoof Bottleneck to not tell people exactly how they are weeding out the bots/flippers, no?
Phwap

Fri May 22, 2020 2:33 pm

acidburn wrote:
beetlejuice wrote:

Our software picks up anything over a certain mileage away. However or whatever is used, it will cancel and restock.

The issue is that some of you guys use whatever during higher profile releases like this but during the week when you aren't, we are getting hit so hard by all this other software and I'm not going to get into how it affecting us but its not fun. I have a kid calling me daddy randomly for the last month. I wake up to an email saying hi daddy every day like clockwork. So we need to do something our side and honestly what it is that we are doing is working because out of almost 1,650 prints, 0 are on ebay.
Working except when a legitimate buyer gets cancelled for no real reason and even after contacting Bottleneck to try to see whats going on and hopefully straighten things out, gets basically told "sucks to be you".
partpat
Art Freak

Fri May 22, 2020 2:36 pm

Technology sure is fun!

People are drymounting bonkers and bored Is what I’ve taken from the last few pages.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri May 22, 2020 2:37 pm

Phwap wrote:
acidburn wrote:
beetlejuice wrote:

Working except when a legitimate buyer gets cancelled for no real reason and even after contacting Bottleneck to try to see whats going on and hopefully straighten things out, gets basically told "sucks to be you".
It's not fair to basically quote something thats an extreme saying over what we do say.

We look into it and explain the situation.
nevadinova
Art Expert

Fri May 22, 2020 2:38 pm

Phwap wrote:
acidburn wrote:
beetlejuice wrote:

1. They just told you exactly what the "real reason" was.
2. There's zero chance anyone at Bottleneck said anything like "sucks to be you"
3. You're a brand new ebeans user, so your cred here is zilch
4. Your username is "phwap"

I think we're done here.
partpat
Art Freak

Fri May 22, 2020 2:39 pm

^
Radsack79
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 22, 2020 2:42 pm

acidburn wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:37 pm
Phwap wrote:
acidburn wrote:
beetlejuice wrote:

It's not fair to basically quote something thats an extreme saying over what we do say.

We look into it and explain the situation.
My guess is cause I ordered from my work laptop cause I'm currently working from home. Lesson learned :(
Deserves got nothing to do with it.
bapaik
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 22, 2020 2:43 pm

hi daddy
nevadinova
Art Expert

Fri May 22, 2020 2:45 pm

bapaik wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:43 pm
hi daddy
:clap:
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri May 22, 2020 2:46 pm

Think we get a post from a maternal figure in phwaps defense? Maybe selling some pollocks?

Also love you daddy. Thanks for breakfast!
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Phwap

Fri May 22, 2020 2:57 pm

nevadinova wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:38 pm
Phwap wrote:
acidburn wrote:
beetlejuice wrote:

1. They just told you exactly what the "real reason" was.
2. There's zero chance anyone at Bottleneck said anything like "sucks to be you"
3. You're a brand new ebeans user, so your cred here is zilch
4. Your username is "phwap"

I think we're done here.
Just posting my experience and my frustration take it or leave it.

Oh noez my internet credz, lol. Yep, we're are done, you and all your magical made up validation win! Stay safe all.
Ticholas
Art Enthusiast

Fri May 22, 2020 3:00 pm

Late to the party, but that Frankenstein Petrie is sick! Wish I had been paying attention for a regular edition. Matches my Creature from the Black Lagoon Pittides perfectly. Going to try for an AP. Just wanted to give props to Bottleneck for a sick Frankenstein print. :clap: