Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Sat May 16, 2020 2:22 am

Seems like it was on and off randomly for the last couple/few years, but I think everything in the last say 9 months has been rolled this way (tho I haven’t bought a ton recently).
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat May 16, 2020 2:23 am

They roll it image out when they've tested and there's been issues with the inks on a particular image scuffing when rolling em the "normal" way. At least dats how it started.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Sat May 16, 2020 4:03 am

Codeblue wrote:
They roll it image out when they've tested and there's been issues with the inks on a particular image scuffing when rolling em the "normal" way. At least dats how it started.
I'm sure they could only field so many "there's a line across the image from where the roll started" complaints before they made a change. They should start using this new mondo ink!

Ps bubbie its been going on for years, not messing with you at all
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sat May 16, 2020 10:04 am

Codeblue wrote:
I remember this explanation from a few years back. Not sure if it was posted here or on social media. Definitely no fuckery. It's not the norm in my experience but certainly a regular occurrence. Similar to Archibald almost everything I have received recently has been image out, except for the letterpress.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sat May 16, 2020 11:25 am

I also think it started with the images that had a lot of black that was more likely to scuff
mmmm Beer :pint:
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat May 16, 2020 1:40 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
I'm sure they could only field so many "there's a line across the image from where the roll started" complaints before they made a change. They should start using this new mondo ink!

New Mondo ink? I assume dats a joke about the chitty inks Mondo uses.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Sat May 16, 2020 2:04 pm

Codeblue wrote:
ygolohcysp wrote:
Codeblue wrote:

He’s not kidding. The fudge they using now is better. The Taylor Godzilla’s I never would have guessed were printed by D&L given the quality of the ink used (vs what’s usually expected) and it was. fudge looks stellar and it’s not that cheap fudge that scuffs when you look at it either.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Sat May 16, 2020 2:12 pm

I'm coming out of retirement.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat May 16, 2020 4:11 pm

Kramerica wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 10:04 am
Codeblue wrote:
I remember this explanation from a few years back. Not sure if it was posted here or on social media. Definitely no fuckery. It's not the norm in my experience but certainly a regular occurrence. Similar to Archibald almost everything I have received recently has been image out, except for the letterpress.
After getting some sleep, I recalled the conversation that took place in this very thread a few years ago. Did some quick digging and found it back in 2017:

GoBluePanic wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:36 pm
Codeblue wrote:
Kramerica wrote:My Wake Up arrived rolled image out. It's the first time in dozens...maybe over a hundred prints I have ordered form OG that was image out. Thought that was kind of curious.
Ya may already know this, but they've said in the past they test rolling em and on ones that they're worried about scuffing, they roll em image out.
I've had a few come this way, and I thought this was probably the case but wasn't for sure. :cheers:
Codeblue wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:09 pm
This is from 6 years ago on thegiant (before most of ya mondos were even around):
TheOmethod wrote:Lately people have commented, complained or noted that sometimes prints are rolled in reverse (Image facing kraft paper). We have found that certain images with metallic inks mark easier when rolling than others. If our laboratory tests show marks on the paper as the result of rolling or folding the kraft paper, the image is rolled in reverse. This is an effort to give you the best quality print possible. Hope this answers your curiosity!
Still don’t remember for sure getting any rolled this way myself, lol; but yes, I haven’t bought any 18x24 prior to this for a few months (haven’t tried much or failed when did).
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat May 16, 2020 4:19 pm

Unrelated, but also ran into this:

o4phish20o wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:43 pm
RambosRemodeler wrote:
jjttdw wrote:It would be interesting to know who on EB is the most Foe'd

Bubbie or me for sure
Oddly enough I don't have you on block but def that other guy.
I prolly got a good 20-30 foe'd. Wish I could for a few of the mods but it won't let me.
Luls. Kind of miss that dude sometimes.

Also, in frustration, Maddog blocked Blue The same day, March 1, 2017.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Sat May 16, 2020 6:08 pm

sasquatch wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:12 pm
I'm coming out of retirement.
welcome home.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat May 16, 2020 6:09 pm

Why was that $1.5K sale recorded/counted?

Kdh12
Art Freak

Sat May 16, 2020 6:12 pm

Considering how many people were refunded by sellers, half of the sales could probably be deleted....
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat May 16, 2020 7:30 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:04 pm
Codeblue wrote:
ygolohcysp wrote:
Codeblue wrote:

He’s not kidding. The fudge they using now is better. The Taylor Godzilla’s I never would have guessed were printed by D&L given the quality of the ink used (vs what’s usually expected) and it was. fudge looks stellar and it’s not that cheap fudge that scuffs when you look at it either.
But then I'd have to order a Godzilla poster tho.

P.S. Wonder what made em stop chinsing on the inks. Perhaps too many returns from the funkos.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sat May 16, 2020 7:40 pm

Do they still take 2 months to ship posters?