ISO 24x36 Acid Free Portfolios

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:22 am

jjttdw wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:05 am
Ok, not 24x36 question but does anyone have a suggestion as to an 18x24 portfolio that has a little extra room? I have a couple where the prints don't quite fit.
you could get a 24x36 and have a "little" extra room. and by a little I mean a lot.
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 6903
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:16 pm

cotis wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:22 am
jjttdw wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:05 am
Ok, not 24x36 question but does anyone have a suggestion as to an 18x24 portfolio that has a little extra room? I have a couple where the prints don't quite fit.
you could get a 24x36 and have a "little" extra room. and by a little I mean a lot.
:D That is what I use for anything over 18x24 and under 24x36. I wish I could find a 19x25.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Wunfu
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:21 pm

Thu May 14, 2020 11:32 am

Hello, I am looking for a portfolio 24*36 I found the baroque but nothing else you have tracks? (it’s for an expedition in france:) ) thank you
User avatar
mattlew69
Art Expert
Posts: 8375
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Midwest

Thu May 14, 2020 12:07 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:16 pm
cotis wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:22 am
jjttdw wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:05 am
Ok, not 24x36 question but does anyone have a suggestion as to an 18x24 portfolio that has a little extra room? I have a couple where the prints don't quite fit.
you could get a 24x36 and have a "little" extra room. and by a little I mean a lot.
:D That is what I use for anything over 18x24 and under 24x36. I wish I could find a 19x25.
Surprised there isnt a 20X26 size to catch all of those in between print sizes. I have lots of 19x25 prints as well. Or prints that are just over 18x24 that dont fit in the Itoya
Image
User avatar
hillsj2001
Art Expert
Posts: 1619
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:00 am

Thu May 14, 2020 12:38 pm

mattlew69 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:07 pm
jjttdw wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:16 pm
cotis wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:22 am
jjttdw wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:05 am
Ok, not 24x36 question but does anyone have a suggestion as to an 18x24 portfolio that has a little extra room? I have a couple where the prints don't quite fit.
you could get a 24x36 and have a "little" extra room. and by a little I mean a lot.
:D That is what I use for anything over 18x24 and under 24x36. I wish I could find a 19x25.
Surprised there isnt a 20X26 size to catch all of those in between print sizes. I have lots of 19x25 prints as well. Or prints that are just over 18x24 that dont fit in the Itoya
i personally would love a 20x26 or even a 22x28
User avatar
CrazyBread
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:52 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Tue May 19, 2020 1:44 am

I bought my Baroque Portfolio (24x36) a couple years ago and just took it out of the shipping package earlier today. Slipped a few posters into the sleeves and I love the tight fit. However I also ordered a few packs of extra sleeves and they were not readymade to be quickly attached to the portfolio binder. Are we suppose to make our own holes for them? Just curious if anybody bought extra sleeves and what their experience was.
*** F5 Crew ***
hmeR
New User
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:21 am

Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:53 pm

CrazyBread wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:44 am
I bought my Baroque Portfolio (24x36) a couple years ago and just took it out of the shipping package earlier today. Slipped a few posters into the sleeves and I love the tight fit. However I also ordered a few packs of extra sleeves and they were not readymade to be quickly attached to the portfolio binder. Are we suppose to make our own holes for them? Just curious if anybody bought extra sleeves and what their experience was.
Did you get the refill sleeves or storage sleeves?
Refills have the holes for the binder
Storage sleeves dont go into the binder.
braaaadyyyy
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:10 pm

Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:55 pm

Anyone recently buy new portfolios for 18x24 and 24x36? I'm currently using Itoya and have read about some portfolios that have sleeves with wiggle room and so the prints aren't right at the top of the page. I'd love to find something like this. I noticed the artvault.co is not in stock for 24x36.
All help greatly appreciated!
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:27 pm

https://www.baroqueportfolios.com/ is the best bet. you'll wait a bit but worth it. especially with the BNG crew handling orders, you are in good hands.

not even sure Art Vault is around anymore, but they had some production problems at the beginning with the portfolios not closing and the sleeves being too small. also recently saw some complaints of prints having a weird film on them... might have been due to the sleeves being used not being archival? not 100% sure.
braaaadyyyy
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:10 pm

Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:55 pm

cotis wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:27 pm
https://www.baroqueportfolios.com/ is the best bet. you'll wait a bit but worth it. especially with the BNG crew handling orders, you are in good hands.

not even sure Art Vault is around anymore, but they had some production problems at the beginning with the portfolios not closing and the sleeves being too small. also recently saw some complaints of prints having a weird film on them... might have been due to the sleeves being used not being archival? not 100% sure.
Thank you very much for this information! This is a big help. Do you have any recommendations for smaller sized print collections including mini prints and handbills? I'm assuming it's probably going to be something resembling an office supply binder, but I'd like to make sure I use proper sleeves and protection.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:08 pm

braaaadyyyy wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:55 pm
cotis wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:27 pm
https://www.baroqueportfolios.com/ is the best bet. you'll wait a bit but worth it. especially with the BNG crew handling orders, you are in good hands.

not even sure Art Vault is around anymore, but they had some production problems at the beginning with the portfolios not closing and the sleeves being too small. also recently saw some complaints of prints having a weird film on them... might have been due to the sleeves being used not being archival? not 100% sure.
Thank you very much for this information! This is a big help. Do you have any recommendations for smaller sized print collections including mini prints and handbills? I'm assuming it's probably going to be something resembling an office supply binder, but I'd like to make sure I use proper sleeves and protection.
small ones I'm not too familiar with as most of my small stuff is framed or tossed in a flat file drawer...

but I believe there are mini portfolios for sale on Amazon for things such as that.

just have to be careful and make sure they are "archival" or you run the risk of potential damage down the road.
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 6903
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:39 pm

I have a 13x19 itoya for letterpresses and it seems nicer than the larger ones I have

https://www.dickblick.com/products/itoy ... e-binders/
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
braaaadyyyy
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:10 pm

Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:55 am

jjttdw wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:39 pm
I have a 13x19 itoya for letterpresses and it seems nicer than the larger ones I have

https://www.dickblick.com/products/itoy ... e-binders/
I actually just received a 13x19 Itoya yesterday to only find out I need something to cover 14x20 prints I have; my 18x24 is too large for those and I'd rather fill with 18x24 pieces. In the end, I think I am going to end up with probably 4-5 different books to accommodate everything, but I'll at least be comfortable with how everything is stored at that point.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations!
User avatar
CrazyBread
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:52 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:22 pm

hmeR wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:53 pm
CrazyBread wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:44 am
I bought my Baroque Portfolio (24x36) a couple years ago and just took it out of the shipping package earlier today. Slipped a few posters into the sleeves and I love the tight fit. However I also ordered a few packs of extra sleeves and they were not readymade to be quickly attached to the portfolio binder. Are we suppose to make our own holes for them? Just curious if anybody bought extra sleeves and what their experience was.
Did you get the refill sleeves or storage sleeves?
Refills have the holes for the binder
Storage sleeves dont go into the binder.
Oh my goodness, thank you for replying back with a clear answer. I checked my receipt from the original purchase and it says that I bought storage sleeves. Looks like I gotta hit up their store for the refills. Again, thank you so much for the reply. This was a tremendous help. Can't blame anybody else but myself for making that mistake.
*** F5 Crew ***
Post Reply