Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat May 09, 2020 6:13 pm

Kramerica wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 6:03 pm
Lol, it ain't gonna change the world more than racism has. Though you may be right about the market of the prints.
Lol, no doubt. Screenprints, and Fairey in particular, weren’t as popular when it had though since we are talking about these three pieces of art.

Edit: I guess two pieces of art as per the original question, before I threw in the third one in the mix.
Arterre
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 09, 2020 6:46 pm

Arterre wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 2:13 pm
It's come to this , I was really quick, but 2 captcha, and struck out ...
I buy from a ebay flipper for $165, and now, wondering if he'll really ship or cancel me
and sell for much higher... oh well, hope to get it...
wow, dang, my cynical thought on drop day came to fruition, the sneaker guy seller cancelled my order,
So I wrote," Are you canceling to sell to someone else for more money ? If you are , then I may offer you more.
I really want the print, and hope to get it somehow..."
He writes back " I got 2, and Obey cancelled 1, When i get one I may be willing to sell at the right price"
:(
DMBfan
Art Expert

Sat May 09, 2020 6:49 pm

This thread brings the laughs. c'mon
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat May 09, 2020 7:18 pm

Luls. Been a while since we had some good ol fashion tardy future price speculation. Feels a bit like the old EB (not that there's anything wrong with dat).
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
nottyplay1
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 09, 2020 7:37 pm

bubbie wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 5:50 pm
I don’t disagree with what you are saying at all. However, that is why I mentioned that Angel is more than America and the current event is going to change (already has actually) the world as we know it. While racism in the US is prevalent and quite disgusting, it is a bleak of an issue compared to COVID and its magnitude worldwide. Quite literally every single person on this planet is affected by it.

As for the lithos distributed by the Amplifier, the man himself has signed Liberte lithos for sale at his shop right now and you can check how much the limited screenprint is selling for.

I am not downplaying the racial issues, by no means. It is, like I mentioned, quite disgusting. Yet, it is also not “shocking” and ongoing for hundreds of years. I mean just the stuff I read through on the news today (and I don’t even live in the US):

DW: Lead poisoning reveals environmental racism in the US

Reuters: When cops kill, redress is rare - except in famous cases

Reuters: For cops who kill, special Supreme Court protection

It’s an everyday issue that for some reason isn’t dealt with.

Art wise, for my personal liking, Lotus > Rage > Angel. Price wise in the future, in my opinion, Lotus > Angel > Rage.
liberte signed litho, this is true. how can i forget, i know nothing lol (self depricating :)
all great imagery
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat May 09, 2020 8:58 pm

^ Lol

Codeblue wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 7:18 pm
Luls. Been a while since we had some good ol fashion tardy future price speculation. Feels a bit like the old EB (not that there's anything wrong with dat).
Tardy??

poartcol
Art Enthusiast

Sun May 10, 2020 12:14 am

do you know the quality of these poster packs on amplifier?

https://store.amplifier.org/collections ... oster-pack

is it on flimy weak poster paper that are sold at Target?
bubbie wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 5:50 pm

As for the lithos distributed by the Amplifier, the man himself has signed Liberte lithos for sale at his shop right now and you can check how much the limited screenprint is selling for.

I am not downplaying the racial issues, by no means. It is, like I mentioned, quite disgusting. Yet, it is also not “shocking” and ongoing for hundreds of years. I mean just the stuff I read through on the news today (and I don’t even live in the US):

Art wise, for my personal liking, Lotus > Rage > Angel. Price wise in the future, in my opinion, Lotus > Angel > Rage.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sun May 10, 2020 12:18 am

Considering it is 10 posters for $50 it is probably paster paper so the super thin paper similar to what is used for pasting
mmmm Beer :pint:
Arterre
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 10, 2020 1:31 am

Kdh12 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 12:18 am
Considering it is 10 posters for $50 it is probably paster paper so the super thin paper similar to what is used for pasting
I have one, and its thin , but a rigid semi gloss card stock , Nicer than Obey un numbered edition prints... :pint:
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun May 10, 2020 1:36 am

^ That’s a good guess.

The only lithos I bought from them previously were the We The People sets a while back and those were definitely on thinner paper than the usual stock Obey uses for their offsets, which sucks. But not the target crap either. Those weren't 5 bucks a pop though, so I can’t really say.

I saw that they are selling We The People 18x24 sets for $25 per. Maybe someone here bought one of those and can chime in. I would guess they are printed on the same paper.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun May 10, 2020 1:37 am

Well, there you go.

I would personally take Obey offset stock any day over “semi-gloss rigid card” though.
jcope
New User

Mon May 11, 2020 2:32 pm

Well adding to the list of ebay cancellations for Angel of Hope, and signed here up just to do it.

But eBay seller, jizzles-heat, 'supposedly' received cancellation on his poster on the 8th (had 3 listed tho) but waited until today to tell me.

Sneaker flipper that gave me tons of reasons why he couldn't buy another one after market, take the hit, in order to fullfill the order... but has over 8k in sneaker listings?
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue May 12, 2020 1:19 pm

The Valor & Grace Nurse print represents one of the many healthcare workers whose selfless acts of compassion and service are always meaningful, but at this moment are especially heroic. I’m inspired to glorify those who don’t seek glory, but rather to serve humanity when it is most challenged. I want the portrait to emanate the comforting warmth and empathy healthcare workers provide in the midst of anxiety and crisis. Dear Frontline currently has a #ProtectAllWorkers program, where you can send out customized postcards to frontline workers. Proceeds from the print sales will go to their new initiative, Dear Frontline Workers Public Art Fund, where they are raising funds are to produce large scale murals and displays of gratitude for frontline workers. Installations are planned near the hospitals that have been hardest hit by COVID-19 and in other public spaces. -Shepard

Valor & Grace Nurse. 18 x 24 inches. Screen print on Cream Speckle Tone paper. Signed by Shepard Fairey. Numbered edition of 450. $70. Proceeds go to Dear Frontline Workers Public Art Fund. Available on Thursday, May 14th @ 10 AM PDT at https://store.obeygiant.com/collections/prints. Max order: 1 per customer/household. *Orders are not guaranteed as demand is high and inventory is limited.* Multiple orders will be refunded. International customers are responsible for import fees due upon delivery.⁣ ALL SALES FINAL. Shipments may be delayed due to COVID.
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue May 12, 2020 2:19 pm

Keep'em coming....
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
IronBott
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 12, 2020 2:43 pm

is it a hobbit holding the print or the biggest 18x24 ever