Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
nottyplay1
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 09, 2020 1:00 pm

i would say american rage would have it..right now, for some odd reason, aftermarket buyers are ignoring the release over at amplifier..but as i mentioned before in this thread, once sense kicks in, the after market premium will come down a bit for angel, hence why i said the best collective move we could have done was to support amplifier and ignore the flips on ebay
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sat May 09, 2020 1:07 pm

The day of impulse buyer game has been strong in these days be it ebeaners or not Al it takes us wait a few days insta flippers start undercutting
mmmm Beer :pint:
nottyplay1
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 09, 2020 1:09 pm

now if angel limited ed would have been a variant colorway or a 24x36 s/n...that would of tipped the scale,imo, to angel's favor
Last edited by nottyplay1 on Sat May 09, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat May 09, 2020 1:11 pm

Kdh12 wrote:
The day of impulse buyer game has been strong in these days be it ebeaners or not Al it takes us wait a few days insta flippers start undercutting
Pretty funny considering the aftermarket for most images from the past few years is in the dumps.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
nottyplay1
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 09, 2020 1:14 pm

Kdh12 wrote:
yea, this site holds a lot of valuable data and after market influence. Some flippers and galleries mine it to get info on what moves and get those artists to release prints under their moniker.

Much respect to this collective.
applehead
Art Expert

Sat May 09, 2020 1:16 pm

aldobishalini wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 7:06 pm
The one I got for $155 on eBay........well......................................REFUNDED.
Same here. Got shutout on obey so I immediate went to buy one from eBay. Ended up buying 3, for 150-175 each, and got refunded by sellers for 2 of them stating their orders were cancelled for buying more than 1. They really probably realized these were selling for a lot more 1-2 hours later. Glad I have one coming, we’ll fingers crossed at least. Fairey’s print of the year!!
nottyplay1
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 09, 2020 1:18 pm

applehead wrote:
aldobishalini wrote:
The one I got for $155 on eBay........well......................................REFUNDED.
Same here. Got shutout on obey so I immediate went to buy one from eBay. Ended up buying 3, for 150-175 each, and got refunded by sellers for 2 of them stating their orders were cancelled for buying more than 1. They really probably realized these were selling for a lot more 1-2 hours later. Glad I have one coming, we’ll fingers crossed at least. Fairey’s print of the year!!
def up there, along with Fake's superhero nurse, those two images are winners
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sat May 09, 2020 1:23 pm

applehead wrote:
aldobishalini wrote:
Point in case
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sat May 09, 2020 1:25 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Kdh12 wrote:
Pretty funny considering the aftermarket for most images from the past few years is in the dumps.
Got to factor in the people bored at home with money to burn element
nevadinova
Art Expert

Sat May 09, 2020 2:11 pm

Kdh12 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:25 pm
Codeblue wrote:
Kdh12 wrote:
Got to factor in the people bored at home with money to burn element
definitely
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat May 09, 2020 4:03 pm

Rage is a better image, in my mind, without a doubt. Angel is more than America though. The magnitude of the event does not even compare to racial issues in the United States. For this reason alone, the Lotus will outperform both and Angel will be second in value. Rage will probably fall to 120-150 range, IMO in the near future. Maybe wishful thinking on my part because I want it and struck out; I was able to buy the Angel, surprisingly. If I had both, I would trade them for Lotus though without thinking about it twice. Simplicity and connotation are quite striking in that image; I really have no idea why I didn’t pick it up immediately post drop.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat May 09, 2020 4:06 pm

papaver wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:58 am
bubbie wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:01 pm
Does everyone get a white page for a few seconds after the next screen is loaded? For the last few drops that I tried I noticed this fudge. That’s the reason I decided to try the desktop today and same thing; thought it might be just my phone. Just looked at it again and it is a regular thing for me at the Obey store. That’s the only site I noticed it at. The page is loaded -> 4+ seconds delay (just white) -> the normal view shows up at once. This happens with any link I click in the store.
yeah... looks like they copy pasted some google code and now the site is set to invisible for 4 seconds...

https://developers.google.com/optimize

oh the irony in the name...

Code: Select all

<script>(function(a,s,y,n,c,h,i,d,e){s.className+=' '+y;h.start=1*new Date;
h.end=i=function(){s.className=s.className.replace(RegExp(' ?'+y),'')};
(a[n]=a[n]||[]).hide=h;setTimeout(function(){i();h.end=null},c);h.timeout=c;
})(window,document.documentElement,'async-hide','dataLayer',4000,
{'GTM-XXXXXX':true});</script>
pretty much reads... setTimeout(...blah blah blah..., 4000ms delay)... yay...
Luls. How does that stop the bots though? At least I now know I am not crazy and there is nothing wrong with my phone/desktop.
nottyplay1
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 09, 2020 4:42 pm

bubbie wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 4:03 pm
Rage is a better image, in my mind, without a doubt. Angel is more than America though. The magnitude of the event does not even compare to racial issues in the United States. For this reason alone, the Lotus will outperform both and Angel will be second in value. Rage will probably fall to 120-150 range, IMO in the near future. Maybe wishful thinking on my part because I want it and struck out; I was able to buy the Angel, surprisingly. If I had both, I would trade them for Lotus though without thinking about it twice. Simplicity and connotation are quite striking in that image; I really have no idea why I didn’t pick it up immediately post drop.
i think the magnitude of the racial event that is ongoing from times even before my parents were born up until now weights a lot more..even now among all this trouble in the world, we find that 97.5% of all social distancing arrests in NYC have been hispanics or blacks...that means out of the 40 arrests, only 1 was white(as stated by govt officials and all charges dropped due to this finding)...or the lynching by shotgun down in Georgia all because the young black man jogged through the wrong neighborhood...if that issue prevails even during pandemic times , that speaks volumes. Now back to the art, populist vote atm would be angel of hope atm, until ppl realize amplifier has the non signed version. I think, money value wise, lotus angel is the winner among the three due to the general demographic it appeals to, then A.R, then angel of hope
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat May 09, 2020 5:50 pm

I don’t disagree with what you are saying at all. However, that is why I mentioned that Angel is more than America and the current event is going to change (already has actually) the world as we know it. While racism in the US is prevalent and quite disgusting, it is a bleak of an issue compared to COVID and its magnitude worldwide. Quite literally every single person on this planet is affected by it.

As for the lithos distributed by the Amplifier, the man himself has signed Liberte lithos for sale at his shop right now and you can check how much the limited screenprint is selling for.

I am not downplaying the racial issues, by no means. It is, like I mentioned, quite disgusting. Yet, it is also not “shocking” and ongoing for hundreds of years. I mean just the stuff I read through on the news today (and I don’t even live in the US):

DW: Lead poisoning reveals environmental racism in the US

Reuters: When cops kill, redress is rare - except in famous cases

Reuters: For cops who kill, special Supreme Court protection

It’s an everyday issue that for some reason isn’t dealt with.

Art wise, for my personal liking, Lotus > Rage > Angel. Price wise in the future, in my opinion, Lotus > Angel > Rage.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sat May 09, 2020 6:03 pm

Lol, it ain't gonna change the world more than racism has. Though you may be right about the market of the prints.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH