The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:19 am

Codeblue wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:11 am
Kramerica wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:41 pm
Nice edit.
What did I miss?
Dude was letting his bigotry show.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:05 am

We don't need your help. Thanks though.
Feel free to make an offer on any of my listings though:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/stl_ben/m.html ... 7675.l2562

Also saying you never touched social media in a social media group, oxymoron says what?
soupysound
EB Team

Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:27 am

care to elaborate where they disclose addresses in a "best offer" format? information like that is only shared once offers are accepted. sellers can see where the buyer is located, but not full addresses.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:12 am

soupysound wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:27 am
care to elaborate where they disclose addresses in a "best offer" format? information like that is only shared once offers are accepted. sellers can see where the buyer is located, but not full addresses.
They're talking about the old "request contact info" feature in eBay, it's defunct now. You could 100% request someone's info if you were involved in a transaction with them, best offer submissions fell under that umbrella.
tourist504
Art Expert

Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:13 am

So you have an item listed with the Best Offer option, and someone circumvents the BO by direct messaging you (the seller) asking, "What is the lowest amount you would accept?" I get this constantly.

I usually respond with, "Please use the Best Offer option to submit offers. Thanks." but when I'm in a bad mood I respond with "What is the highest amount you are willing to pay?"
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
mliddell
Art Expert

Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:29 am

Hi,
Looking for opinions.
First Username: Delo-Bria (Which adding a few letters gets his last name,first)
Second Username: Jark_16

The first username "Delo-Bria" bought my Randy Ortiz Phantasm print.
He didn't pay.
I messaged asking if he intended to pay.
After about 30-48 hours I cancelled and relisted.
Also noticed the day before someone else sold a Randy Ortiz Phantasm on Ebay and also had to re list.
Few mins after I cancelled seller emails saying he was just about to pay.
I blocked him just didn't want to deal with this kind of guy.
Few mins later another user name: Jark_16 buys and pays.
Same name and address from username 1.
I shipped it and he had it in 2 days.
He emails me saying

jark_16:

"I ment to purchase the creature from the black lagoon print but didn’t realize until I saw the price difference on my account
Your previous message"

jark_16:

"I can pay for return shipping"

Said sorry no returns. Frustrated with this guy who buys it twice, under different usernames, gives excuses etc.

Next day he opened a case.
Said signature not authentic or he cannot tell because no certificate of authenticity
This print has no signature and mondo prints don't come with a COA.

I've been dealing with Ebay but because of the virus situation you can't call them.

My thought was. This person is trying to be as annoying as possible so I won't want to accept the return based on principle and Ebay buyer protection kicks in and he gets to keep the print and they refund him (and then I"ll probably have to deal with that)

Thoughts? Angle? (I realize this guy isn't the greatest human being etc etc just trying to figure out if Ebay would actually let him keep the print and reimburse him too?)

Thanks
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:40 am

ebay will side with him....
mliddell
Art Expert

Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:46 am

What happens if someone didn't accept a return? Do you think Ebay would let that buyer keep the item and give them their money back on top of that ? Giving them a free poster? That is what I think this person is up to.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:07 am

No, they have to send it back to get a refund unless you allow them not to.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
tourist504
Art Expert

Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:08 am

mliddell wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:29 am
Hi,

First Username: Delo-Bria (Which adding a few letters gets his last name,first)
Second Username: Jark_16
Welp - blocking those clowns...
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:41 am

I had a buyer request a return on an item a month after it was delivered. Said the tube was damaged in transit and they wanted to just return it rather than open it and find out if the print was ok. Ebay didn't care at all about making them wait for an insurance claim or the fact they had signed for the item a month previous. They basically told me I would be forced to accept the return regardless, even though the buyer didn't even know if the item was damaged. Ebay dgaf about sellers.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
bigmuls
Art Expert

Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:51 am

This is why I always insure my shipments.
mliddell
Art Expert

Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:34 pm

Appreciate the advice.
geezer
Art Expert

Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:45 pm

Does anyone else have ebay changing your listings to buy it now and free shipping out of the blue? I checked the correct boxes, proofed it, then they change it after a day or so. :hanging:
dwlfennell
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:50 pm

geezer wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:45 pm
Does anyone else have ebay changing your listings to buy it now and free shipping out of the blue? I checked the correct boxes, proofed it, then they change it after a day or so. :hanging:
Are you using your phone to create listings with the eBay app? Heard from many that it's a fairly common glitch with the app. Never had any issues with listings created on my PC.